Suns chances at play in

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At least now if the bubble fails going forward, I won't care as much. Of course I don't want to see it fail since these games the last 2 weeks have been some of the best television of the pandemic.

I think they could make it all the way if they kept things the way they are but with family and friend visiting after the 1st round, I think we'll see some issues arise.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The only thing I'm worried about next year is did the Suns play so well because they were in the bubble because there were no other distractions for them. If next season starts outside of the bubble, will those distractions effect their focus on each game they play?

They seemed so focused with these games that I think the isolation helped.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only thing I'm worried about next year is did the Suns play so well because they were in the bubble because there were no other distractions for them. If next season starts outside of the bubble, will those distractions effect their focus on each game they play?

They seemed so focused with these games that I think the isolation helped.

I think our home court has been a disadvantage. Our home and road records were the opposite of what you'd think of a mediocre team.

It is typically dead in there, especially if they fall behind early. Hopefully with the overhaul of the arena and a lot of new hope, the story will reverse.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At least now if the bubble fails going forward, I won't care as much. Of course I don't want to see it fail since these games the last 2 weeks have been some of the best television of the pandemic.

I think they could make it all the way if they kept things the way they are but with family and friend visiting after the 1st round, I think we'll see some issues arise.

I'd be really disappointed if the bubble failed. For several reasons; the NBA is probably the most balanced it has been in ages and this playoffs should be really interesting, it would cheapen this Suns achievement as being part of some sort of gimmick and that everything is such so freaking horrible in the news that it would be nice to have ONE THING in America figure out a way to deal with covid.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Were it not for COVID, this was a meet-the-team-at-the-airport type of run. I’m disappointed but really proud of the team and excited for next year. This may have been like preseason for some teams, but it was the closer to playoffs for the Suns.

FJM23

Reaction score
It would make a million times more sense for the Suns to play Memphis on Saturday with the winner playing Portland on Sunday.

Rather than this asinine best of 2 series where Memphis has to beat Portland twice even though they finished only half game back of them. I even read one article calling this a play-in tournament. How does 2 teams make it a tournament?

This might be the stupidest and most unfair playoff round ever devised. Adam Silver should be ashamed of himself.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Portland beats Memphis and then embarrasses the Lakers in round one. leBron looks old in that series. Anthony Davis looks at the situation and sees no assets and no ability to improve and opts out of his contract. He calls his old mentor Monty Williams for advice and asks him if the Suns can make room.

The Suns oblige, in order to do him a favor of course.

wait. That was my alarm clock. Sometimes you just don’t want to wake up.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I totally expected this. My whole family is mad at me. I kept saying we would go 8-0 and end up "JUST" short! That's what we do as Suns! When we are good we are tantilizingly just short, wait for next year! So until the Sarver era, that happened A LOT! We had a lot of good teams in our history. In the eighties we had a suck period, then this long stretch. Otherwise we have been good, imho.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
it worked out for the best -- undefeated and a lottery pick
Oubre was not physically ready, and Ayton was not mentally ready for a playoff run.

and, btw, a "preseason with starters" and games counting towards the standings and playoffs is called a season, not a preseason.
in fact, it's a harder leg of the season, because all the worst teams weren't included.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This hurts more today for some reason. I think it’s knowing there could have been more games to watch and really loving and being entertained by what we were watching.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This hurts more today for some reason. I think it’s knowing there could have been more games to watch and really loving and being entertained by what we were watching.
I was fine last night, but same today. Plus the yotes dropped another tough one that will be over soon. With the devils cancelling sports I might only have 2 more games this year to care about.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was fine last night, but same today. Plus the yotes dropped another tough one that will be over soon. With the devils cancelling sports I might only have 2 more games this year to care about.

no Cardinals?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am watching the Mercury, but their name fits, they are not consistent!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least another NBA player feels the Suns deserved something more.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I am watching the Mercury, but their name fits, they are not consistent!
Considering that Diana Taurasi, the WNBA G.O.A.T., is 38 years
old and has been out injured recently, and they made roster
changes to get younger (letting Bonner go), rather than
completely rebuild, they have been pretty consistent in
winning games.

I thought they were going to be in for a complete rebuild but,
thanks to Mercury management, that won't be the case.
Thanks goodness Sarver has left his paws off the running of
the team.

Bria Hartley comes off the bench and is our leading scorer.
And, as Diana, she can score and facilitate. She looks to be
Taurasi's successor on the Mercury.

And now, back to the Suns. :)

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Suns chances at a play in

8-0 yet sadly zero. There's something wrong with the bubble system if you can be perfect yet still not make the playoffs. Big oversight there.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
8-0 yet sadly zero. There's something wrong with the bubble system if you can be perfect yet still not make the playoffs. Big oversight there.
Naw, it worked to close to perfection as far as the NBA is concerned. The earlier part of the season has to count. The bubble played out showing that the suns belonged because they were a missed shot away from the play-in game.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Naw, it worked to close to perfection as far as the NBA is concerned. The earlier part of the season has to count. The bubble played out showing that the suns belonged because they were a missed shot away from the play-in game.
I firmly believe that this was the best outcome for the Suns. This will give them that extra bit of motivation that every game matters in future seasons. We are on the dawn of a new era of Phoenix Suns basketball.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yep. It is what it is. It's rare that a team is solely responsible for it's own destiny, especially at the 8th spot in the Western Conference. The narrative is the same, but I will say that if the season had progressed as normal back in March, there was NO WAY we would have been in this position at the end of the year. No way. This was unique and at the same time, supremely special.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

The bubble regular season was hit tv contract stipulations I believe. Otherwise you just start the playoffs as seeded when the season stopped.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Considering that Diana Taurasi, the WNBA G.O.A.T., is 38 years
old and has been out injured recently, and they made roster
changes to get younger (letting Bonner go), rather than
completely rebuild, they have been pretty consistent in
winning games.

I thought they were going to be in for a complete rebuild but,
thanks to Mercury management, that won't be the case.
Thanks goodness Sarver has left his paws off the running of
the team.

Bria Hartley comes off the bench and is our leading scorer.
And, as Diana, she can score and facilitate. She looks to be
Taurasi's successor on the Mercury.

And now, back to the Suns. :)
Hartley lost for the season really killed us. We forever look for a conmsistent third scorer. Every year a key injury seems to get us!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave