Has Cam Johnson displaced Oubre?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
It's probably not what you mean but we will see will see what the Suns do with the salary space Tyler Jonson's expiring contract created. He was under contract for $19,245,370.

Salary space may be more valuable than many first round picks this off season.

Especially with what went on this season - the NBA was already worried about a large drop to the luxury tax since the Chinese government is pissed off at the NBA.

Add in the COVID situation (even with the bubble working well, they're still losing revenue) and you have likely an ugly situation regarding the cap/luxury tax

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Especially with what went on this season - the NBA was already worried about a large drop to the luxury tax since the Chinese government is pissed off at the NBA.

Add in the COVID situation (even with the bubble working well, they're still losing revenue) and you have likely an ugly situation regarding the cap/luxury tax

Indeed, the Suns have an asset with the salary space but if they do not use the money to improve the team, it will be a huge letdown.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Indeed, the Suns have an asset with the salary space but if they do not use the money to improve the team, it will be a huge letdown.
Hey maybe anthAnthony Davis might consider playing here if say suns keep playing well in bubble!! Davis and ayton combo would be sick

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Warren just carried the Pacers over the Lakers, having outplayed both Anthony Davis and Lebron James.

He is playing like an MVP candidate, and I can't help but think that James Jones gave away the best chance we had or will ever have at a third star.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm very happy with the Cam Johnson draft pick. I didn't like it at all draft night, but he appears to be fitting in and I'm starting to see a plan come together.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately probably true. Hopefully we don’t get taken advantage of like with TJ. The way to do it is to pursue the player we want and give up Oubre grudgingly as part of the deal.

That would be difficult since we don't really have any other assets to offer up before agreeing to trade Kelly.

Say we call Orlando for Gordon, what can be offered other than Kelly that won't cause them to hang up? A 1st isn't enough. Offering Lecque, Payne, Carter, Ty, or Kaminsky would get the Magic to hang up or at least see through what we're trying to do. Offering Cam is a scary idea, not that I think they'd take him but they may be fans and want him in the package or word gets out Cam is available, which could disrupt chemistry a ton. Keep in mind that Oubre has just been dealt for Gordon as well so our primary glue guy is gone now and chemistry isn't great at the moment anyways.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
At this point, Kelly needs to play now that we’re 0.5 out of the 9th seed.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warren just carried the Pacers over the Lakers, having outplayed both Anthony Davis and Lebron James.

He is playing like an MVP candidate, and I can't help but think that James Jones gave away the best chance we had or will ever have at a third star.

And that has what to do with Cam displacing Oubre? You spread your negativity everywhere and it's ridiculous.

What's worse is I'll bet you didn't watch that Pacers game and are going solely by the box score where you can't see effort or defense. Which means you can't really say someone outplayed everyone else so thoroughly. Stick to discussing games you've watched.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And that has what to do with Cam displacing Oubre? You spread your negativity everywhere and it's ridiculous.

What's worse is I'll bet you didn't watch that Pacers game and are going solely by the box score where you can't see effort or defense. Which means you can't really say someone outplayed everyone else so thoroughly. Stick to discussing games you've watched.

It's no secret that Warren has been defending well. It was even noted in the ESPN article that highlighted Bridges' defense and Booker's passing.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

LOL... I haven’t been on this forum for several months. But you are still selling your crap. Too funny. I’m too lazy to check, but we’re you selling your Warren man-crush after he scored a whopping 16 pts on Thursday?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Oubre is more than Kaminsky.
No doubt... but they’re two totally different players, who impact the flow in totally different ways.
Hey, I love Kelly and would love to see him remain with the team. But there is a big part of me that thinks that if he were to play now, his presence might actually do more harm than good...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has cam displaced oubre? No
Has he displaced bridges? At this point I'd say yes.

Cam has become solid stretch 4 (allowing us to have a more traditional lineup) and bridges is limited offensively.

Bridges' confidence and form in his shot comes and goes. He needs someone to work with him like Fultz.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
LOL... I haven’t been on this forum for several months. But you are still selling your crap. Too funny. I’m too lazy to check, but we’re you selling your Warren man-crush after he scored a whopping 16 pts on Thursday?

Considering that he is averaging 40 in his other games, including against a fully loaded Lakers squad...

Dr dumas

Veteran
Reaction score

Maybe you should become a Pacers fan..

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's no secret that Warren has been defending well. It was even noted in the ESPN article that highlighted Bridges' defense and Booker's passing.

What is the thread title and what is being discussed by everyone else here? Why don't you take your Suns bashing and Warren loving to the appropriate thread, Around the NBA.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose