Mavericks @ Suns Sunday game thread 8-2-20 (season restart)

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Book had an OK game considering he had 32 points but he was not good defensively and fouled out. Ayton was awful

Cam Johnson and Rubio were great tonight. We also had some help from the bench with Dario and payne
Exactly 32 points is nothing for Book. It's the body of work. I'm sure he'd say he had a bad game. He left 20 points on the floor

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mavs went 1-18 in the 2nd half. This helped a lot.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty talking about the team.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont think 7pts and 8 boards in 21 mins is awful

yeah it is. It’s awful scoring, below average rebounding and took himself out of the game because of stupid fouls.

that’s an awful game for a guy who’s supposed to be one of the best players on the team.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
yeah it is. It’s awful scoring, below average rebounding and took himself out of the game because of stupid fouls.

that’s an awful game for a guy who’s supposed to be one of the best players on the team.
One of 2 players to average what? 20 and 12 since Jan...the other is the Greek freak
He IS one of the best players on the team

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope the first half of the game was a good learning experience for the team.

Teams are going to spread the court on the Suns and drive it to the basket. Luckily tonight the Mavs went cold from 3-point range in the 2nd half and kept shooting.

Mavs were 6-31 from 3-point range (19.4%).

Suns shot 12-33 from 3-point range (36.4%).

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I dont think 7pts and 8 boards in 21 mins is awful
I'm one of aytons biggest supporters on this board but this was a bad night for the big guy , might have been his worst as a sun getting in foul trouble made him afraid to play tough defense cus he knew he would get called with how the refs were today

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm one of aytons biggest supporters on this board but this was a bad night for the big guy , might have been his worst as a sun getting in foul trouble made him afraid to play tough defense cus he knew he would get called with how the refs were today
Put it in perspective if he isnt in foul trouble...14pts 16 boards? Foul trouble made him play differently. I consider awful 7pts 8 boards in 35min without foul trouble

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
couldn't watch the game but had fun reading this thread.

just watched highlights. Cam Johnson looks a lot bigger than last year. Am I right or is it just the hair?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Put it in perspective if he isnt in foul trouble...14pts 16 boards? Foul trouble made him play differently. I consider awful 7pts 8 boards in 35min without foul trouble

You don't fault him for getting in foul trouble? Sure, a foul here and there can be excused but players know when they can't afford to pick up more fouls and he kept picking them up.

No one will confuse you for a hater for calling it a bad game, it was. All you are doing is making yourself look like a serious homer by making so many excuses for him in one of his worst game of the season.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You don't fault him for getting in foul trouble? Sure, a foul here and there can be excused but players know when they can't afford to pick up more fouls and he kept picking them up.

No one will confuse you for a hater for calling it a bad game, it was. All you are doing is making yourself look like a serious homer by making so many excuses for him in one of his worst game of the season.
Exactly was a bad game. Still was within 5 minutes of a double double

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of 2 players to average what? 20 and 12 since Jan...the other is the Greek freak
He IS one of the best players on the team

What does ANY of that have to do with statement that he was awful tonight?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

he put himself in foul trouble with bad defense.

it’s okay to just say he had a really bad game.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He’s gonna have to learn to play aggressive without fouling. Though I’m sure the in and out of the lineup tonight hurt his momentum in an otherwise bizzare game

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
leadership. passion. maturity/BB IQ.
that's what i talked about most when i was talking here

the Suns have more of it with Monty
but our 2 top players showed their weakness in those areas again tonight
--within a minute of each other when frustration was mounting,
they should have led and inspired, but they cracked and were benched with 5 fouls

ironically, that gave the Suns the fire they needed to turn a 12 point deficit into a lead in 3 minutes.

that's why they need to pay Oubre whatever it takes.
he's the last of the passion players (Baynes is another -- IF he plays and stays. Holmes was one of my favorites for his energy and defensive spark. Big mistake not signing him)

Last edited:

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

they should have led and inspired, but they cracked and were benched with 4 fouls

ironically, that gave the Suns the fire they needed to turn a 12 point deficit into a lead in 3 minutes.

he's the last of the passion players (Baynes is another -- IF he plays and stays. Holmes was one of my favorites for his energy and defensive spark. Big mistake not signing him)
2 yrs 10 Mill
Sorry ain't paying him that

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

they should have led and inspired, but they cracked and were benched with 4 fouls

Oubre is under contract through next season

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Ayton is judged far too harshly and with a pretty serious microscope but there is no other way to slice it, he had a crap game tonight.

But hey, we won, I'll take it. If we're going to keep winning then a game like this needs to be a blip.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson