Breaking Bad (AMC)

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
agree. Ozymandias is the single greatest episode of any show in TV history, IMO. An absolutely soul-shattering, riveting hour of TV unlike any I've ever seen.
I'm not there with this show or episode.

I love The Suitcase from Mad Men but even that gets surpassed by some of the Wire, West Wing and Mash for me.

In totality, BB is a top 10 show for me. An awesome, mostly slow burn. Sometimes though...... way too slow.

Last edited:

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
agree. Ozymandias is the single greatest episode of any show in TV history, IMO. An absolutely soul-shattering, riveting hour of TV unlike any I've ever seen.
I might be mistaken, but I believe this episode is the highest rated tv episode of all time on IMDB. The only 10/10.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I watch Ozymandias 2 nights ago and only have 2 episodes left. I guess I don't want it to end because I can't bring myself to watch the last 2 episodes. Man, that sound dumb typing it.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watch Ozymandias 2 nights ago and only have 2 episodes left. I guess I don't want it to end because I can't bring myself to watch the last 2 episodes. Man, that sound dumb typing it.

Walter White wakes up and it was all just a dream - he's still a High School Chemistry teacher stuck teaching low-life methheads in New Mexico...he had gotten ill after eating some bad table-side guacamole and fallen asleep listening to Badfinger.

AZ Native

Reaction score
Walter White wakes up and it was all just a dream - he's still a High School Chemistry teacher stuck teaching low-life methheads in New Mexico...he had gotten ill after eating some bad table-side guacamole and fallen asleep listening to Badfinger.
You are a funny guy Jon.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It was that good. I binged watched it awhile back and couldn't stop.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

At least you can see the movie now also, El Camino. I wish I could have seen that closer to when the series ended.

AZ Native

Reaction score
At least you can see the movie now also, El Camino. I wish I could have seen that closer to when the series ended.
Yeah, I can watch El Camino and read the 983 posts I missed here, as I did not want to spoil it. Just a fantastic series. It was great watching it in a few weeks. How was it watching a week at a time? Walt's transformation was amazing to watch. Jesse did grow on me. I couldn't stand Marie at all. I really liked Skylar and Flynn. I didn't know a bespectacled Obama was in this series. I think I bought a used car with a rolled back odometer from Saul. Jane was too hot for Jesse. Hank was a typical bureaucrat. Badger, well we don't need no stinkin' Badger. Hector was great. I could go on and on but... Cheese's first post pulled me in.

PS, the song El Paso at the beginning of the last episode was brilliant. Our own Marty Robbins from Glendale Arizona.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I can watch El Camino and read the 983 posts I missed here, as I did not want to spoil it. Just a fantastic series. It was great watching it in a few weeks. How was it watching a week at a time? Walt's transformation was amazing to watch. Jesse did grow on me. I couldn't stand Marie at all. I really liked Skylar and Flynn. I didn't know a bespectacled Obama was in this series. I think I bought a used car with a rolled back odometer from Saul. Jane was too hot for Jesse. Hank was a typical bureaucrat. Badger, well we don't need no stinkin' Badger. Hector was great. I could go on and on but... Cheese's first post pulled me in.

PS, the song El Paso at the beginning of the last episode was brilliant. Our own Marty Robbins from Glendale Arizona.

try Better Call Saul next. i was SUPER skeptical when I heard they were making a prequel shoe, but it's the spinoff equivalent of Frasier to Breaking Bad's Cheers. A totally different beast of a TV show, but incredible in it's own right.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
try Better Call Saul next. i was SUPER skeptical when I heard they were making a prequel shoe, but it's the spinoff equivalent of Frasier to Breaking Bad's Cheers. A totally different beast of a TV show, but incredible in it's own right.
Man I’m slogging through the first season of better call Saul and it’s sucking the life outta me.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You are where it starts to get good,. Season 3 and 4 are breaking bad good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Okay, I’ll continue working through it. The combination of breaking bad being so good and so many of you being fans of this is enough to keep working it.

AZ Native

Reaction score
So after watching all of Breaking Bad for the first time I took a break and watched all 80 episodes of Schitt's Creek. Then tonight I watched El Camino and really liked it. It looks like it is time to start watching Better Call Saul. My son tells me it is as good if not better than BB. The bar has been set very high for me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So after watching all of Breaking Bad or the first time I took a break and watched all 80 episodes of Schitt's Creek. Then tonight I watched El Camino and really liked it. It looks like it is time to start watching Better Call Saul. My son tells me it is as good if not better than BB. The bar has been set very high for me.

you need to prepare yourself for a VERY different show than BB. Breaking Bad was a rocket ship. It was written almost to feel like every episode was a season finale, with plot twists and turns that would make any writer green with envy.

Saul is a complete 180... it is the slowest of burns plot wise (goes a little quicker once it starts really dipping it’s toe into Bad-land as the seasons go on), while going into pain-staking detail as a character study more than anything else. It’s fantastic, but in a totally different way.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
you need to prepare yourself for a VERY different show than BB. Breaking Bad was a rocket ship. It was written almost to feel like every episode was a season finale, with plot twists and turns that would make any writer green with envy.

Saul is a complete 180... it is the slowest of burns plot wise (goes a little quicker once it starts really dipping it’s toe into Bad-land as the seasons go on), while going into pain-staking detail as a character study more than anything else. It’s fantastic, but in a totally different way.
I love slow burns and Saul is a slog. I’m in ep 8. I’m still trudging.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love slow burns and Saul is a slog. I’m in ep 8. I’m still trudging.

I gave up after season 1. While it wasn't terrible, it wasn't what I hoped it was either. I've gone back and tried binge watching season 2 but can never get through another full episode before my interest drifts elsewhere.

It's not a bad show, it's just odd to see familiar characters presented in a way that is so much slower plodding than how you originally became familiar with them.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Hoop Head

The last two nights I saw two movies that were good entertainment.

Thursday I saw "The Martian" with Matt Damon and on Friday I saw "Oblivion" with Tom Cruise. It's been awhile since I have seen two good movies on back-to-back nights. Of course I had seen both movies before but it was fun to see them again.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Finished season 1. It was definitely a slog. Season 2 has picked up a bit through 2 episodes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose