Is it confirmed (DirecTV)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I used to, yeah. But I can see a lot of what I get changing as the Raiders enter the market. It used to be the local channels covered SD, LA, AZ, and then we'd get Broncos preseason, but now it's Raiders and I could see that stuff disappearing.

What sucks is that I'm an Anaheim Ducks fan, and due to overlap nonsense by regions, the games are blacked out on national broadcasts because we're considered an LA "local" market, but they're also blocked out on fox Sports because the Knights supersede them. So I can't watch any games they're in. Super lame.

As long as the Suns are on FSAZ it's tough as there are limited options.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lack of buffering and the remote logistics keep me from scrapping DirecTV. I've used Sling, etc before and the remote function, buffering, etc drive me nuts.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The lack of buffering and the remote logistics keep me from scrapping DirecTV. I've used Sling, etc before and the remote function, buffering, etc drive me nuts.
Agreed.

Consistent Resolution, Lack of buffering, etc..... I just can't fully commit.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hulu Live has all the Fox Sports.

Cool. Things change so quickly. Looked like YouTube TV was on top for awhile. IIRC, some streaming sites had dropped dropped FSAZ over a contract dispute.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing I miss with Hulu Live is NFL Network but it's not worth $1000.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool. Things change so quickly. Looked like YouTube TV was on top for awhile. IIRC, some streaming sites had dropped dropped FSAZ over a contract dispute.

Yeah I would have put up with Direct TV if I lost both NFL Network and FSAZ.

I watch about every Suns and DBacks game

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With the exception of 2 yrs ago, I've paid for Sunday ticket every yr since 1999. Living in Louisville, KY..................yeah, not many Arizona Cardinal games shown here lol. Only way I could watch the Cardinals every game.
Me and you both fam. I've had it since 2007. They have me and my wife over a barrel because she's a Bucs fan.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think I used to, yeah. But I can see a lot of what I get changing as the Raiders enter the market. It used to be the local channels covered SD, LA, AZ, and then we'd get Broncos preseason, but now it's Raiders and I could see that stuff disappearing.

What sucks is that I'm an Anaheim Ducks fan, and due to overlap nonsense by regions, the games are blacked out on national broadcasts because we're considered an LA "local" market, but they're also blocked out on fox Sports because the Knights supersede them. So I can't watch any games they're in. Super lame.

Ducks?? Who's your b-ball and baseball team Solar?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Ducks?? Who's your b-ball and baseball team Solar?
Basketball: Suns
Baseball: (loosely) Angels

I didn't pick my teams to be regionally relevant to Vegas, but kinda ended up splitting the difference.

My dad told me to pick one team and always stick with them as a kid, and when the Cardinals moved to AZ, I was living in Tucson with my dad based down there in the Air Force. Kinda adopted the Suns not too long after given the ties. I was well out of AZ before the D-Backs began playing.

My mom's from LA and the Disney marketing probably got to me, explaining the other two.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I got the letter about free Sunday Ticket Max.

I always call and negotiate, so this saves that call.

However, I had a credit from my negotiation last August that was supposed to run all year drop off my bill..... So I'm going to have to call them anyway.....

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I finally ditched them after 10+ years. I don't even care if they give me free Sunday Ticket. My bill went up to $165 after the 1 year move-in price. And that's pretty much just basic cable on two TVs. So I decided to stop the bleeding once and for all.

Of course they might ding me $20/month for early cancellation. When I cancelled, I selected the "moving" option, then gave them a story about losing my job and moving back in with my parents. I'll see what happens there.

I'm loving Sling though on a Roku stick. I can't believe I didn't do this a long time ago. $30/month for most of the cable channels with NFL Network. Another $15 for ESPN, which I decided I can live without for now. Another $5 for the Science Channel, which I wouldn't be able to live without. And $5 more for DVR. $40 for everything I really need. The big gotcha is that you don't get the network channels. But I can live without them too. If you watch alot of documentaries, this is really great.

For the Cardinal games, I'm going to take my chances on the NFL Game Pass for $99, hoping they actually post the games on time after the 4:00 games end. As far as the live buffering issue, there's a workaround I tested that worked really well on a random past game. If you login to your account from a desktop computer, you can dowload the game as an MP4 file using Video Download Helper in Firefox, then take the file wherever you want. I have a fast internet connection, so a full game took about 20 minutes to download in 720P. The shortened, no commentary version took about 10 minutes. I was shocked that the NFL didn't close that loophole on their site, because they could block those types of downloads if they wanted.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I’ve done the streaming Sunday ticket option it works great. I use it on my firestick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Unfurtanetely you gotta call and get bill lower all the time, ita just how they do it. I call and call, you get 800 dollar credits Free Sunday ticket, call and get to retention. Not Philippines

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've mentioned it in least a dozen other threads...

I have had DTV since day one, I haven't paid for Sunday ticket in almost a decade.

Just keep calling customer retention until you get someone who is not an A-hole, I can usually tell if I have the right person on the line, by the tone of their first sentence.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I had DirecTV for about 15 years and used to play the retention call song and dance. Finally got tired of it and having subpar equipment. They would never upgrade me.
Finally cut the cord early last year. First year with no Sunday Ticket. We just have firestick/roku. Mainly Sling TV, Prime and Disney+. Over the air antenna.
I did miss Sunday Ticket last year but I had Redzone/NFL Network and Pac-12 Network (which I could never get with DTV).
I just hope that Sunday Ticket gets brought into one of these other platforms one of these days. If it's available for streaming only, I would be interested.

Reaction score
I've mentioned it in least a dozen other threads...

I have had DTV since day one, I haven't paid for Sunday ticket in almost a decade.

Just keep calling customer retention until you get someone who is not an A-hole, I can usually tell if I have the right person on the line, by the tone of their first sentence.

When do you start calling? Is it too early now? Seems like since AT&T took over it is getting harder and harder to get even a small discount.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
When do you start calling? Is it too early now? Seems like since AT&T took over it is getting harder and harder to get even a small discount.

It is harder since AT&T bought them out, but still possible... I usually call about 1 month before the season opener.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score

Usually by now on DT there is a channel dedicated to subscribing to Sunday ticket. Nowhere to be found yet though. Maybe they don't know how to handle things this year yet.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I plan on loving DirecTV until they lose the Sunday ticket package. Especially if they offer a streaming version that is better than the current one.

- I haven't paid for DTV in over 5 years. I keep calling in each year and complaining until I get enough credits that offset the ST Max price.
- Their online portal sucks. But a friend uses it so I can use his Netflix, Hulu, CBS, and Vudu. Still seems like I am winning on that one. hahaha.
- Only can stream from one device at a time. This really sucks.

Once the NFL launches some Online option or even an a la carte per team option.... I'm out. I get Fios in my area and will be scooping that up immediately.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose