Cam Newton Anyone?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Cody Benjamin of CBS is speculating the Cards would/should sign him. That type of move would indicate the Cards are serious about contending now.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
After re-signing Hundley I wouldn't anticipate it. That's not to say I'd be against it. I'm all for adding guys of his caliber whenever possible.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nice thought, but no thanks. Dude’s too much of a head case for my taste at QB

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cody Benjamin of CBS is speculating the Cards would/should sign him. That type of move would indicate the Cards are serious about contending now.
Depends on precisely what we'd get.

Is he an incorrigible head case? Or are their hidden extenuating circumstances?

Would he be a team guy? Or a Cam guy?

How would Kyler deal with having Cam in the QB room.

How would it play inside the lockerroom?

What would be the pecking order? Cam as starter? Cam as backup? Open competition?

Cutting to the chase: What. arrangement, if any, would work?

If for no other reason than more depth and a talent upgrade* Cam - under a workable arrangement - would make us a better FB team. I just don't think any arrangement would work.

* Picture Murray and Cam in the same backfield executing double RPO plays.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Something something headcase something something distraction something something pouty & all that crap

I’d bring him along.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We might be looking at a gaping hole at backup QB pretty soon.

I wouldn’t be completely opposed to bringing Cam in. He’s better than Jameis, and that was good enough for the Saints.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

I wouldn’t be completely opposed to bringing Cam in. He’s better than Jameis, and that was good enough for the Saints.

why will be looking at a gaping hole? Hundley has no pending criminal charges, he has a civil suit by his ex but that’s not going to cost him his job.

I am one of the few it seems that likes Cam Newton, he’s talented and produces when healthy but I don’t see him playing for cheap here.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
why will be looking at a gaping hole? Hundley has no pending criminal charges, he has a civil suit by his ex but that’s not going to cost him his job.

I am one of the few it seems that likes Cam Newton, he’s talented and produces when healthy but I don’t see him playing for cheap here.

well obviously it depends on the price. I’m aware we have very little money, but backup QB is extremely important.

I would think there’s at least a 25% chance Hundley is **********.

everyone will be pissed if we lose a couple games due to having practice squad guy as backup

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Why the gaping hole?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You guys want to lay me 10:1 that Hundley doesn’t get canned?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have nothing against Cam Newton. But why would the Cards sign him as we have a young franchise qb in Murray and a decent backup in Hundley. Makes no sense, we can use whatever money it would cost on filling some other positions with some minimum vet salaries as Keim has done so well over the years. That has been one of his strengths.

Last edited:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
You guys want to lay me 10:1 that Hundley doesn’t get canned?

Based on a civil suit? So you are so sure you will pay 100 for my 10? You are on, if he is canned I’ll pay you $10 if he is on opening day roster I get $100.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on a civil suit? So you are so sure you will pay 100 for my 10? You are on, if he is canned I’ll pay you $10 if he is on opening day roster I get $100.

yup I’ll do this and throw in 20 for 200