Keim Not Done

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Solar may be right, we probably should draft a RT? I'm in the belief that Justin Murray's experience last season trumps a rookie RT in 2020.
Experience doesn't make up for athletic limitations. The guys available are equipped to be top-tier players at their positions. You've gotta think about the long term future here. A comfortable Kyler Murray with time to throw will make all of the WRs better. A skittish Kyler Murray who has an "average" offensive line will miss timing routes to a prime Jerry Rice.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sure. But I'd bet you that if he actually had a say in it, he'd want to upgrade that offensive line. I doubt he sat down sad the day we traded for Hopkins because his buddy wasn't likely to come play with him.
I'm sure he wasn't crying the day we traded for Hopkins lol. Fact is, we don't know what if anything at all KM has said to the FO about our OL. We do know for a fact he was wanting Lamb, at least between the combine & the Hopkins trade. Maybe he has toned down the Lamb talk now & wants a RT? We're all just fans guessing but boy this $#/+ is fun lol.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Obviously didnt have the clout he does now. However, Kyler wanted the team to draft OL Cody Ford at the top of 2nd round and they still went with their higher graded player.

A year later....I still dont think Kyler has that much influence on the pick.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OL,LB DL, Edge, CB, are all positions that would be improved with the 8 th pick. You could even throw in WR.

I’ve got this feeling we are going to trade down and draft Andrew Thomas. Don’t know why.

Then take our 2nd round pick acquired in the trade down, along with a 4th, trade back into the first and draft Ruggs.

lol! Championship!

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Experience doesn't make up for athletic limitations. The guys available are equipped to be top-tier players at their positions. You've gotta think about the long term future here. A comfortable Kyler Murray with time to throw will make all of the WRs better. A skittish Kyler Murray who has an "average" offensive line will miss timing routes to a prime Jerry Rice.
I totally get that & I want him having time to throw as well. Is there any guarantee SK will even pick the best RT? His track record sucks in that dept. Hell, if you look at 10 draft boards right now, I'd be willing to bet you that there's 5 different rankings on the order of 1-5 with OT's. Justin Murray may have limitations athletically but I'll bet you he would fair better next season than at least 3 of the 5 OT's for this draft. Think about the level of competition in the NFC west he faced in 2019. None of those OT's faced anything like that in college. Closest one would be Wills at Alabama going up against the best DL's in the SEC.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I totally get that & I want him having time to throw as well. Is there any guarantee SK will even pick the best RT? His track record sucks in that dept. Hell, if you look at 10 draft boards right now, I'd be willing to bet you that there's 5 different rankings on the order of 1-5 with OT's. Justin Murray may have limitations athletically but I'll bet you he would fair better next season than at least 3 of the 5 OT's for this draft. Think about the level of competition in the NFC west he faced in 2019. None of those OT's faced anything like that in college. Closest one would be Wills at Alabama going up against the best DL's in the SEC.
There's no guarantee Keim will pick the right one, no, but you're talking to a guy who would get rid of Keim if he could.

I sure do wish we could bet on their comparative performance, because I'd gladly do so.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You're right. I can agree with that. I'm actually more in favor of Jeudy if we go WR. There's no guarantee on any player, crap shoot. Lamb did wow me at the combine & makes guys miss after the catch, in college anyway but he wasn't playing against NFL defenses either lol. I was just saying that if we do go WR & KM has a say in it? You know he's wanting Lamb.

Maybe this is ridiculous but with Hopkins on board I wonder if the front office might be concerned about favoritism between Kyler and Lamb that could disrupt the WR hierarchy.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Maybe this is ridiculous but with Hopkins on board I wonder if the front office might be concerned about favoritism between Kyler and Lamb that could disrupt the WR hierarchy.
I think this is actually a pretty valid point. Don't know if that situation would actually occur, but I could see drama unfolding in that situation.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Not addressing anyone in particular, but I can't understand where this need to have four elite WRs is coming from all of a sudden. Is there an NFL team making it rain on their opponents that I'm missing, that is doing so because of all of their WRs being so damned elite?

Mahomes is throwing up crazy numbers, and just won a Super Bowl, but it's because he's great and has a strong OL, not because the Chiefs drafted or signed a bunch of top paid or top drafted receivers.

Even the Rams, who maybe have the best WR corps in the game, did so with free agency, a trade, and a third round pick.

Alabama last year is the closest example I can think of a team having 4 legitimate elite WR’s and I bet they would’ve traded two of them for two elite OL.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There's no guarantee Keim will pick the right one, no, but you're talking to a guy who would get rid of Keim if he could.

I sure do wish we could bet on their comparative performance, because I'd gladly do so.
Maybe we can lol? We would have to figure out a way of comparing. First we wait to see if our Cardinals draft a RT at #8 lol. From your posts I know you don't put much stock in the grading system used by PFF.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I guess that could be a possibility? From what I've read about Hopkins, he's not a diva. He models his performance on & off the field like Larry. His biggest thing with Houston was the head coach. Imo, that won't be a problem here. Why? Because if KK does indeed use more 10 personnel, there will be more than enough passes to go around for 4 WR's. Can't imagine Lamb getting targeted more than Hopkins in 2020.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of taking a pure RT that high. Wirfs can transition to LT so he’d be acceptable.

There's no difference between RT and LT anymore. Those days are long gone. The two highest paid tackles in the league are right tackles.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, this is baloney. You act like we have nobody blocking out there.

Murray was actually an above average tackle the last 6 games of the year with a grade of 69.1 according to PFF.

Yes we do need another tackle, but acting like we desperately need a starting RT to have a productive passing game is pure BS.

Murray did a decent job, but he only played because Gilbert was injured. Do you want to start your formative season with your shiny new QB and Hopkins at WR with a RT that has 14 starts in 4 years?

You put a 1st round tackle in there and don't look back for 10 years.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I thought this was about Keim making another splashy move..not about the draft! (unless he makes a killer draft trade).

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Murray did a decent job, but he only played because Gilbert was injured. Do you want to start your formative season with your shiny new QB and Hopkins at WR with a RT that has 14 starts in 4 years?

You put a 1st round tackle in there and don't look back for 10 years.

14 starts in 4 years = irrelevant

12 starts in 2019 = relevant

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
14 starts in 4 years = irrelevant

12 starts in 2019 = relevant

I like Murray fine. I've defended him numerous times. He's just not the guy I want protecting Kyler full time at RT.

Even outside this argument I'd still take a tackle at 8 because our depth sucks. Murray missed games last year. Hump has missed games every year except last year.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I like Murray fine. I've defended him numerous times. He's just not the guy I want protecting Kyler full time at RT.

Even outside this argument I'd still take a tackle at 8 because our depth sucks. Murray missed games last year. Hump has missed games every year except last year.

I agree with this, but you have to pick a guy that can play LT if needed...meaning I think Wirfs and Becton are probably out. Wills and Thomas could play LT or RT.

If we could trade down a little and get Andrew Thomas I would be fine with that.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Comments made that somehow turn into facts...…….

KM asked if he would like the Cards to draft Cee Dee and he says, naw I'd prefer a RT because Murray sucks.

Of course KM says he would love to have is ex teammate on the Cards. It's the correct and safe answer to not offend a current teammate or an ex teammate who may in fact become a teammate.

I'm all for drafting a WR, in say rd3 or 4.

Trade back until value equals need instead of drafting a WR at 8.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I guess that could be a possibility? From what I've read about Hopkins, he's not a diva. He models his performance on & off the field like Larry. His biggest thing with Houston was the head coach. Imo, that won't be a problem here. Why? Because if KK does indeed use more 10 personnel, there will be more than enough passes to go around for 4 WR's. Can't imagine Lamb getting targeted more than Hopkins in 2020.
He may be a good guy but he’s no Larry. Reportedly doesn’t participate in a lot of practices.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

This is lizard people level conspiracy theory.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He may be a good guy but he’s no Larry. Reportedly doesn’t participate in a lot of practices.

Practices are pretty much pointless when you have been playing football for 20 odd years.

All of his greatest gifts are muscle memory at that point

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
There's no difference between RT and LT anymore. Those days are long gone. The two highest paid tackles in the league are right tackles.
There absolutely is a difference between LT and RT. Would you want Mitchell Schwartz, Bobby Massie, or Rob Havenstein protecting Murray's backside?
I can't help that Philly and Oakland overpaid their RT's. RT's have value but not like a LT does.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose