Keim Not Done

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
@Dr. Jones Assuming Keim is really going WR at 8...

Does he draft the best WR regardless of fit

or

Does he draft the best compliment to Hopkins

Most people wanted Lamb. Does Keim go with a different type in Jeudy (or more explosive in Ruggs) or a similar guy in Lamb?

Before people overreact I do want OT. Just posing this question because of the thread.

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No but he can actually get away. Hopefully he's been watching Russell Wilson's tape this off season, he needs to get better an improvising. That's when RWs really kicks our ass.
And we end up kicking his ass in Seattle due to our DLine(mostly Chandler) whooping Seattle’s pathetic OLine, which is all the more reason to go OT.

You don’t want Kyler having to fight for his life like Russell has been doing behind that OLine all these years.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we draft Lamb we would not be drafting him as a #4 receiver.

I truly hope Butler , Issabella and Johnson all improve an make the team. That would be awesome.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Not addressing anyone in particular, but I can't understand where this need to have four elite WRs is coming from all of a sudden. Is there an NFL team making it rain on their opponents that I'm missing, that is doing so because of all of their WRs being so damned elite?

Mahomes is throwing up crazy numbers, and just won a Super Bowl, but it's because he's great and has a strong OL, not because the Chiefs drafted or signed a bunch of top paid or top drafted receivers.

Even the Rams, who maybe have the best WR corps in the game, did so with free agency, a trade, and a third round pick.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If we draft Lamb we would not be drafting him as a #4 receiver.

I truly hope Butler , Issabella and Johnson all improve an make the team. That would be awesome.
Okay, maybe a #3? If he beats Kirk out in camp? He's sure as hell not taking the field over Larry or Hopkins, and I have a hard time believing he automatically beats out Kirk.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lamb’s skill set is literally the last WR we should aim for.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I would grab Clowney at 10mm personally. Hurts a rival and gives us two demons on the outside. And he's better at defending the run that people think.
Clowney would be great and then I would be thinking playoffs, since this defense is actually the one which needs a boost :)

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Not addressing anyone in particular, but I can't understand where this need to have four elite WRs is coming from all of a sudden. Is there an NFL team making it rain on their opponents that I'm missing, that is doing so because of all of their WRs being so damned elite?

Mahomes is throwing up crazy numbers, and just won a Super Bowl, but it's because he's great and has a strong OL, not because the Chiefs drafted or signed a bunch of top paid or top drafted receivers.

Even the Rams, who maybe have the best WR corps in the game, did so with free agency, a trade, and a third round pick.
Are you suggesting that we have 3 elite WRs at the moment? We have one elite WR on this roster in Hopkins and the next closest is Fitz, but he's old and may not even be back after this season. Kirk is oft injured and a solid WR at best when healthy. Lamb would give us two elite WRs for the foreseeable future.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Lamb’s skill set is literally the last WR we should aim for.

Not really and I will tell you why. Boldin and Fitzgerald in their prime were a force and neither was a speed burner and could both crucify a defense in any offense. Hopkins and Lamb (provided he pans out) would be close to a similar situation and that means your speed burner type can be had later (ala Breaston) and hopefully Isabella or even Butler can fulfill that ingredient :)

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Are you suggesting that we have 3 elite WRs at the moment? We have one elite WR on this roster in Hopkins and the next closest is Fitz, but he's old and may not even be back after this season. Kirk is oft injured and a solid WR at best when healthy. Lamb would give us two elite WRs for the foreseeable future.

This, the draft is about the future and not an immediate impact unless you think the Cards are a Super Bowl contender which I think is not yet :raccoon:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
We have one of the better receiving corps in the league. We have more than enough talent that a so-called "elite" or "transcendent" QB, drafted #1 overall, should have no problem producing. If he does, there's a big issue afoot.

Where are elite receiving duos creating elite teams? Did the Buccaneers make the playoffs last year? They barely even count, since they drafted Godwin in the third three years ago, they didn't blow a top pick to accompany Hopkins. Minnesota? Diggs is gone, Cook was more important anyways. And same, Diggs wasn't a top draft pick, or highly paid acquistion.

This, the draft is about the future and not an immediate impact unless you think the Cards are a Super Bowl contender which I think is not yet :raccoon:
If this draft is about the future, why not protect the future of the franchise by adding an elite player to block for him? Our new OT might not come out and light the world on fire, but he'll have way more upside than Murray, and we could add even more to create a dominant line next year.

And to repeat - good WRs are frequently available, good offensive linemen are not.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think it's no secret that Kyler wants Lamb here, so IMHO that just adds to the number of reasons he will be the pick.
I'm thinking that also. We can trade down, gain the 2nd rd pick back & still get one of the 3 WR's. It's been known for weeks now that KM has been talking to the FO about wanting Lamb. Pretty sure they are listening. That doesn't mean they will do it but when your franchise QB is talking someone up.........? I know we could use a RT at #8, not denying that at all, but who's to say we will draft the right one? SK hasn't been a world beater in picking OL'men. After all RT isn't KM's blindside. Yes he escaped pressure quite a bit but he also ran into pressure & caused sacks. I'd be more concerned about the OL if it was a LT we needed. IMHO, we can find a good RT in round 2 if get the pick back via trade down, or next season even. I've said it multiple times, Justin Murray's experience going up against the DL's in the NFC West trumps any rookie.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
And we end up kicking his ass in Seattle due to our DLine(mostly Chandler) whooping Seattle’s pathetic OLine, which is all the more reason to go OT.

You don’t want Kyler having to fight for his life like Russell has been doing behind that OLine all these years.

I'm open to whatever. Just saying it's not like we have the good ol statue back there.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I just don't like hoping and praying that Kyler is as lucky as Russell Wilson has been as an NFL strategy. He takes one bad hit and he's more RG3 than RW overnight.

I'm flopping back and forth between an OL or not. Ceedee lamb would look so damn good in a cards uni, even better if we trade down and get more picks.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm thinking that also. We can trade down, gain the 2nd rd pick back & still get one of the 3 WR's. It's been known for weeks now that KM has been talking to the FO about wanting Lamb. Pretty sure they are listening. That doesn't mean they will do it but when your franchise QB is talking someone up.........? I know we could use a RT at #8, not denying that at all, but who's to say we will draft the right one? SK hasn't been a world beater in picking OL'men. After all RT isn't KM's blindside. Yes he escaped pressure quite a bit but he also ran into pressure & caused sacks. I'd be more concerned about the OL if it was a LT we needed. IMHO, we can find a good RT in round 2 if get the pick back via trade down, or next season even. I've said it multiple times, Justin Murray's experience going up against the DL's in the NFC West trumps any rookie.
If the claim about the OL is "who's to know" about them being any good, who's to know if Lamb or Jeudy are going to be any good?

Who is the last surefire NFL WR picked in the top 15? Five years ago. Amari Cooper. And even he didn't even stick with his first team. The rest have been okay-ish and haven't been superstars in the league by any means.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score

The irony of most comments on our OL is that is appears Kyler is fine with what we have and has therefore no issue making his feelings known about selecting Lamb. Kyler is the one in harm's way and none of us on the board and he's saying chill lol

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm flopping back and forth between an OL or not. Ceedee lamb would look so damn good in a cards uni, even better if we trade down and get more picks.
He'd look good, but Hopkins looks better, and that's just fine. I get flipping on OL when you look at Simmons or the other defensive guys, but WR is just pants on head crazy.

The irony of most comments on our OL is that is appears Kyler is fine with what we have and has therefore no issue making his feelings known about selecting Lamb. Kyler is the one in harm's way and none of us on the board and he's saying chill lol
Where do you get the impression that he's "fine" with what we have? The fact he hasn't said anything? How many players actively trash their teammates, even their clearly bad ones?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If the claim about the OL is "who's to know" about them being any good, who's to know if Lamb or Jeudy are going to be any good?

Who is the last surefire NFL WR picked in the top 15? Five years ago. Amari Cooper. And even he didn't even stick with his first team. The rest have been okay-ish and haven't been superstars in the league by any means.
You're right. I can agree with that. I'm actually more in favor of Jeudy if we go WR. There's no guarantee on any player, crap shoot. Lamb did wow me at the combine & makes guys miss after the catch, in college anyway but he wasn't playing against NFL defenses either lol. I was just saying that if we do go WR & KM has a say in it? You know he's wanting Lamb.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You're right. I can agree with that. I'm actually more in favor of Jeudy if we go WR. There's no guarantee on any player, crap shoot. Lamb did wow me at the combine & makes guys miss after the catch, in college anyway but he wasn't playing against NFL defenses either lol. I was just saying that if we do go WR & KM has a say in it? You know he's wanting Lamb.
Sure. But I'd bet you that if he actually had a say in it, he'd want to upgrade that offensive line. I doubt he sat down sad the day we traded for Hopkins because his buddy wasn't likely to come play with him.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have no idea if he's "fine" with what we have on the OL or not? Maybe he is, maybe he isn't? Maybe it doesn't matter what he's said, SK may very well just draft whoever he wants & not listen to Kyler? We have no idea, just fans guessing right now. I do know KM has been clamoring for Lamb, that has been reported by multiple people since the combine. I'd be totally behind Simmons if he fell to us. I'm gonna get behind whatever direction we go. Solar may be right, we probably should draft a RT? I'm in the belief that Justin Murray's experience last season trumps a rookie RT in 2020.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not really and I will tell you why. Boldin and Fitzgerald in their prime were a force and neither was a speed burner and could both crucify a defense in any offense. Hopkins and Lamb (provided he pans out) would be close to a similar situation and that means your speed burner type can be had later (ala Breaston) and hopefully Isabella or even Butler can fulfill that ingredient :)
Heh. Funny you mention that. I remember debating with someone years ago who felt Roy Williams was a better fit next to Boldin if they were going WR.

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
I love Lamb and Ruggs would be perfect for our offense but you got to protect your franchise QB and go OT unless Simmons is there.