Who do we draft now at #8?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If Keim takes a WR in Day 1 or Day 2, it’s a giant indictment on his ability to draft, maybe even more so than his first-round blunders. Imagine drafting three WRs in the draft the previous year, one of which in the 2nd round, trading for a Top-5 WR in the current offseason, and then feeling compelled to take another WR early in the draft. What does that say about Keim and the scouts? What does that say about Kyler? If Kyler is to be the transcendent player that he was hyped to be, he shouldn’t need a WR room full of high-priced, highly drafted players.

I sense this is the direction that the team is going, but once again, it’s Keim chasing bad bets and potentially the tail wagging the dog

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Lamb still in play according to Benjamin Allbright. Albright also mentioned that Wills is rumored to have learning issues. The latest rumors circulating on twitter say that the Cardinals are looking at Simmons, Brown, Wirfs and Lamb if they stay at 8.
from the CardsWire writer

who could have a source, but...…..

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
from the CardsWire writer

who could have a source, but...…..

Yeah not sure if he's reliable or not which is why I opted to just go with rumors instead of quoting a specific source.

The source is mentioned - Benjamin Allbright. He's semi-reliable.

The first two sentences are from Allbright and the third are just rumors circulating on twitter from a couple of people.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I really do not care who the hell we select as long as it's not one of those potential 'selections'. I like Becton but it also has the Al Davis approach of physical attributes overriding the play of the other OTs. I do not think Simmons is just a physical freak because his actual play is strong... then you have a guy like Jeudy who is not a specimen athletically but still has pro physical traits while still having superb technique

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ouch

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Luck was destroyed but was great and singlehandledly brougth the Colts in the AFC Championship
Newton was destroyed but was even a league MVP, lost the SB and went another time to the NFC Championship
Goff was in the SB lost isn't great but servicable
Bradford was destroyed before he could do anything
Winston overdrafted
Mayfield and Murray to early to judge

If you ask me, that isn't that bad compared to the other bad QB out there.

football karma

Reaction score
fwiw:

this year's OT class reminds me of the 2017 draft for CBs

Marshon Lattimore
Marlon Humphrey
Tradavious White
Adoree Jackson

depending on who you read, the pre draft ranking of the four varied -- some had Lattimore the best, others Humphrey, others White. Jackson was never #1, but sometimes the #2 guy in the group.

three years later:

the last guy taken -- Tradavious White might be the best one. the first -- Lattimore -- is the best if it isn't White. Humphrey is a good player, while Jackson is..... ok.

my totally speculative guess is that the four OTs are similar

Jetstream Green

Reaction score

This is a smart gamble but also tips our hat to taking a defensive guy or a WR. I am not going to fault this team if they take a WR, because drafting Fitzgerald when we had Boldin turned out to our advantage but I do want a guard with our second pick because that's a good place to take one of the better interior guys

football karma

Reaction score

this is setting the team up to be able to draft a Simmons, Okudah, etc if they drop and know you aren't one injury in camp from Brett Toth starting at tackle

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
fwiw:

this year's OT class reminds me of the 2017 draft for CBs

Marshon Lattimore
Marlon Humphrey
Tradavious White
Adoree Jackson

depending on who you read, the pre draft ranking of the four varied -- some had Lattimore the best, others Humphrey, others White. Jackson was never #1, but sometimes the #2 guy in the group.

three years later:

the last guy taken -- Tradavious White might be the best one. the first -- Lattimore -- is the best if it isn't White. Humphrey is a good player, while Jackson is..... ok.

my totally speculative guess is that the four OTs are similar
White & Humphrey are the top 3 CBs in the league.
Lattimore is also great & awesome when he’s on, though a little inconsistent.

Like you said about Adoree, he’s just okay.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
White & Humphrey are the top 3 CBs in the league.
Lattimore is also great & awesome when he’s on, though a little inconsistent.

Like you said about Adoree, he’s just okay.

How can two guys be the top three... just kidding with you, I get your point lol

CardinalCovfefe

Veteran
Reaction score
With that I now think the draft will be either Simmons, Okudah if they fall, if not Lamb will be the guy either in a slight trade down or just sticking at 8

Agreed, I would add D. Brown also if he were there. Love to have that guy. If you have a chance to snag a real blue chip player, you should.

OP
OP
Buckybird

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I still say it’s very possible Keim trades up for Simmons. I’ve been saying it since the combine. Trade partners very well could be the Gmen or Bolts

OP
OP
Buckybird

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
How?

We don't have a 2nd round pick to make it in anyway acceptable.
Futures or player. If you want something bad enough it can be done.

The #1 Achilles heal of the defense last year & a problem since DWeed flew to marijuana heaven.

Not saying it’s gonna happen, but I wouldn’t be shocked if it did. Steve Keim has to start winning football games, this year!!! His future with Big Red depends on it & he knows it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose