Keim Not Done

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://arizonasports.com/story/2293966/unnamed-exec-espn-cardinals-aggresiveness-might-not-over/

One league exec says he wouldn’t be surprised if Keim added even more firepower for Kyler Murray behind a steady three-man receiving core and tailback Kenyan Drake. Perhaps more tight end depth is on the way.

The ammunition: Murray’s modest $8.08 million cap hit in the second year of his rookie deal. That number ranks 24th among quarterbacks in 2020.

“They have a window with a talented quarterback on a rookie contract and are all-in right now,” the exec said. “As they should be.”

It's got to be either a tackle or 4th WR and then draft the opposite.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This makes sense. Kyler is on a rookie deal and he is super talented. Cardinals need to maximize this window.

Wouldnt shock me if they go Lamb at 8 either.

Me either.

I am really not opposed to it. Two top tier receivers, and two good possession receivers would make our offense unstoppable.

I honestly would expect a rookie tackle to be worse than Murray his rookie year anyway, so if we want an immediate return from our draft pick I think Lamb might still make sense.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
This has been an interesting offseason so far. I wonder what kind of moves he could have left considering the state of the roster and the cap space (although that can be manipulated)--maybe they will wait until after the draft and sign players based on how things fell there.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Me either.

I am really not opposed to it. Two top tier receivers, and two good possession receivers would make our offense unstoppable.

I honestly would expect a rookie tackle to be worse than Murray his rookie year anyway, so if we want an immediate return from our draft pick I think Lamb might still make sense.
That's what I've been saying in regards to Murray. Experience trumps rookie. He's had a whole season in our system.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure where he will get the money for any more deals unless he restructures some current Cards contracts.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we don't take a RT then Keim is dumb.

You can have the 3 best WRs in the league but it doesn't matter if you don't have time to find them.

None of these OL guys in the draft warrant a top 10 pick over the other BPA players (i.e. Simmons, Brown, Okudah, Lamb/Juedy). If Keim is hell bent on drafting an OL, he should trade down

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

You can have the 3 best WRs in the league but it doesn't matter if you don't have time to find them.
I’m not a fan of taking a pure RT that high. Wirfs can transition to LT so he’d be acceptable.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
None of these OL guys in the draft warrant a top 10 pick over the other BPA players (i.e. Simmons, Brown, Okudah, Lamb/Juedy). If Keim is hell bent on drafting an OL, he should trade down
That’s funny because with the exception of Okudah, Wills is a better prospect than all of these guys you named.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I agree unless he signs a decent veteran then I am fine with whatever at 8

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
As I've said, if we draft a WR in the first round, I'll puke. You cannot ignore the OL. Justin Murray is not a reliable, season-long RT.

If we're passing on RT for something else, it better be Simmons or Brown. I'll even accept Okudah in this scenario, but I'll be grumpy about it.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Not sure what more he could do that would be a "big splash." That said, the prospect of drafting a WR at #8 is concerning, especially when you consider that we got Nuk and drafted three WRs last year.

This would be another example of Keim chasing more bad bets. If he trusts Kliff, he should allow him to develop one of Isabella, Butler, or K. Johnson as WR4

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Listening to the Bleacher Report podcast and they brought up that all the guys who haven’t signed yet aren’t going to get the big money they were looking for. They brought up Melvin Gordon coming to the Cardinals.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Not sure what more he could do that would be a "big splash." That said, the prospect of drafting a WR at #8 is concerning, especially when you consider that we got Nuk and drafted three WRs last year.

This would be another example of Keim chasing more bad bets. If he trusts Kliff, he should allow him to develop one of Isabella, Butler, or K. Johnson
Amen. I don't have tremendously high hopes for any of the three, but if you don't think any of the three have the chops to be your #4 receiver, someone better get axed from the scouting department.

It'd be especially troubling given KK's strong reaction to acquiring Isabella and Butler.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave