2020 Draft

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Decisions need to be made by players entering the draft.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In honor of the "what am I gonna do with all this time on my hands" I decided to scrape the bottom of the barrel of draft prospects' film and fill some time. I've watched a lot of PGs film: Hagans, Dotson, Terry, Pritchard, etc. I didn't see anything special until...

Arturs Zagars. I know, I know, he's Justin Bieber. But I just couldn't take my eyes of his play. Aggressive, shifty, initiates contact, loves to pass, and will not squander an opportunity to make a simple pass more difficult for the sake of style points (ok that's not a plus, but he's entertaining). I can't tell if he's White Chocolate Part Deux or something greater. All I know is that he's got my attention.

Looking at his stats is pointless. Someone's just going to have to trust what they see with the limited film. Every once in a while I see a little IT in a 2nd round prospect (last year was Jalen Lecque). Arturs has some IT to his game. I'd easily take a shot in the 2nd for him.

At least someone is doing something useful!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Decisions need to be made by players entering the draft.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

There are a lot of players who would do well for themselves to stay in college.

Worth noting though, this would make an already terrible draft class more terrible.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
In honor of the "what am I gonna do with all this time on my hands" I decided to scrape the bottom of the barrel of draft prospects' film and fill some time. I've watched a lot of PGs film: Hagans, Dotson, Terry, Pritchard, etc. I didn't see anything special until...

Arturs Zagars. I know, I know, he's Justin Bieber. But I just couldn't take my eyes of his play. Aggressive, shifty, initiates contact, loves to pass, and will not squander an opportunity to make a simple pass more difficult for the sake of style points (ok that's not a plus, but he's entertaining). I can't tell if he's White Chocolate Part Deux or something greater. All I know is that he's got my attention.

Looking at his stats is pointless. Someone's just going to have to trust what they see with the limited film. Every once in a while I see a little IT in a 2nd round prospect (last year was Jalen Lecque). Arturs has some IT to his game. I'd easily take a shot in the 2nd for him.

Dude looks like his photo should be on the back of a milk carton.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of players who would do well for themselves to stay in college.

Worth noting though, this would make an already terrible draft class more terrible.

I can only speculate but it would seem like those players who are consensus first round picks stay in the draft. Teams with premiere scouting departments should do relatively well.

The Suns would probably be better off trading the pick unless they get lucky in the lottery.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would you be happy if the Suns drafted Tyrese Haliburton?

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Haliburton or obi is ideal fit , anyone else and I'll probably be pretty disappointed , but as a sun's fan atleast I have practice at that

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the point guard position I would be thrilled if Haliburton or Hayes dropped to us.

Fixing the point guard position long term would be great although I'm hoping Rubio stays with the Suns when his contract runs out after two more seasons.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Fixing the point guard position long term would be great although I'm hoping Rubio stays with the Suns when his contract runs out after two more seasons.
The thing I like about Hayes is that I think he can play alongside Rubio as a sg and the alongside Booker as a pg.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing I like about Hayes is that I think he can play alongside Rubio as a sg and the alongside Booker as a pg.

This is the type player the Suns need. Let's hope they get lucky in the lottery.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Consensus mock drafts have Hayes going outside the lottery, so the Suns can have him of they want him. But why would the Suns want him? Hayes is a taller Elie Okobo. No thanks (though I would take him over Nico Mannion, who in my opinion looks to be a poor man's Jimmer Fredette)...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tankathon has Killian Hayes going at #5.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
Yeah, I certainly don't get that kind of love for him. There just isn't anything on film that is that jaw dropping outside of his efficiency. I look for something to pop on film and I just don't see anything that would put him in the top 10. He's heavily unpolished. His form is sloppy and odd, actually his game is ugly at times. That doesn't mean he isn't good, it's just hard to imagine him getting away with some of that stuff in the NBA. (Haliburton is too, but he has more twitch to his game and crazy arm length.)

I do like that he's always looking to set up his teammates.
I also like his step back move (pretty sure it's 3 steps though).
Also can't ignore his shooting % from the line and hopefully his last 10 games are an indication of his 3pt%.

I'm not totally out on Killian. There is definitely value to drafting him. It's just I currently like Ball and Haliburton a lot more, and Maledon (aka Tony Parker II) only a little more. I could see the Suns adding him, but the aforementioned 3 and others like Obi and Okongwu would have to be off the board for me to bite.

One thing to add: Tankathon has Obi at #11 which is waaaaaaay too low for him. I can't see any prospect knocking him out of the top 5 with Ball, Edwards, Wiseman, and Avdija. They aren't the only ones though. Surprisingly, CBS and Sporting news have him also going after the Suns. I can't imagine us passing on him at #10.

JerkFace

Reaction score
Yeah, I certainly don't get that kind of love for him. There just isn't anything on film that is that jaw dropping outside of his efficiency. I look for something to pop on film and I just don't see anything that would put him in the top 10. He's heavily unpolished. His form is sloppy and odd, actually his game is ugly at times. That doesn't mean he isn't good, it's just hard to imagine him getting away with some of that stuff in the NBA. (Haliburton is too, but he has more twitch to his game and crazy arm length.)

I do like that he's always looking to set up his teammates.
I also like his step back move (pretty sure it's 3 steps though).
Also can't ignore his shooting % from the line and hopefully his last 10 games are an indication of his 3pt%.

I'm not totally out on Killian. There is definitely value to drafting him. It's just I currently like Ball and Haliburton a lot more, and Maledon (aka Tony Parker II) only a little more. I could see the Suns adding him, but the aforementioned 3 and others like Obi and Okongwu would have to be off the board for me to bite.

One thing to add: Tankathon has Obi at #11 which is waaaaaaay too low for him. I can't see any prospect knocking him out of the top 5 with Ball, Edwards, Wiseman, and Avdija. They aren't the only ones though. Surprisingly, CBS and Sporting news have him also going after the Suns. I can't imagine us passing on him at #10.
I personally don’t really like any of the players and believe we are drafting backups. I don’t see Hayes as ever being a solidified starter in this league, but I think he could have a Tomáš Satoranský type impact, which is something that could be useful for the Suns. He’s not my top choice, but I would be fine with drafting him at #10.

JerkFace

Reaction score
This is a wacky draft where a lot of the lottery selections have more than a +-5 on where they will be picked which is pretty crazy for lottery picks.

Last edited:

JerkFace

Reaction score
Consensus mock drafts have Hayes going outside the lottery, so the Suns can have him of they want him. But why would the Suns want him? Hayes is a taller Elie Okobo. No thanks (though I would take him over Nico Mannion, who in my opinion looks to be a poor man's Jimmer Fredette)...
Consensus huh? ESPN has him #10, Bleacher report has him #7, Tankathon has him #5, CBSSports have him #7 and #10, SB Nation has him #5... Once again, stop trying to pass off false information as fact. Just say you don’t like him, that’s cool.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

JerkFace

Reaction score
https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/consensus/

Hayes at #17 in consensus mock draft posted at nbadraft.net.
You mean the same consensus that has Okoro at #24 and McDanials at #7? That is just a consensus of people that submit their own mocks to that site. Nbadraft.net is one of the few sites that has Hayes a bit lower (as well as Okoro) which is why it’s viewers would also have him lower. The actual experts in the industry have him much higher, as I pointed out in my above list. Also that is a consensus of all the mocks that people have submitted dating back awhile. The recent consensus has Hayes at #12 (and Okoro up to #10). Once again I don’t even value that since it is just random users who have submitted a mock to the site, but at least it is using recent mocks.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a wacky draft where a lot of the lottery selections have more than a +-5 on where they will be picked which is pretty crazy for lottery picks.

As yet I'm not overly excited about the draft. If the Suns stay at #10, I'd probably prefer taking an athletic big man and hope he develops. At least he would be depth.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose