O.T.-XFL

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Dean Blandino is head of officiating, too...adds credibility.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't lie I like the overtime rules a lot more than the current ones

Last edited:

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
A good friend of mine is the President of the St. Louis BattleHawks...I have faith in him doing everything he can to make it work. Sounds like St. Louis might be on board in regards to support.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Arena Ball on a bigger field?

Not sure what it will be. While the last incarnation was a disaster a ton of stuff that they did got adopted by the NFL. So my expectations are the same here.

It won't last but it will push the NFL to a better product just by nature of competition.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There is actually some decent stuff in there. I kind of like the idea of a tiered PAT system, although I think some sort of kick should be an option as well.

The overtime rules are fine...better than the NFL...but a modified college overtime rule IS the best possible solution.

Start a team on the 40 yard line going in. If they don't gain a single yard it is a 57 yard field goal attempt (un-makeable on a regular basis). Each team gets a possession, and you keep going until there is a winner. If you are still tied after 3 OT's then eliminate the option to kick a field goal in OT #4.

This allows both teams a completely fair chance at winning the game. It gets both offensive and defensive players a chance to impact the outcome. It still allows for strategy, (if you win the flip and go on defense first and stop them, you can play for a FG....a defensive touchdown would win the game, etc), and its exciting as hell! You need your offense AND defense to step up and make some plays and you get the excitement of both.

No one could complain about fairness. It would be a run-away success in the NFL and everyone would say "why didn't they do this sooner"

OP
OP
cardpa

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I like the double forward pass idea. There are so many possibilities with that. Can you imagine a team like the Saints using Hill in that situation. It could be a nightmare for officials so it will be interesting how it works out in the XFL.

Down by 9 and you score a TD, you get the opportunity to tie the game with a 3 point try from 10 yds. out. Some interesting concepts and they probably aren't all of them.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ill watch it for the sexy xfl cheerleader uniforms lol

And hoping for competitive football

Odds we see johnny Manziel in this lg? Lol

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I give it 18 to 30 months. Maybe less.

I think it will only make it one full season. America has no interest in what are essentially minor league sports. The only reason MLB minor leagues survive is because they're propped up by the majors as a developmental system. The XFL is billing itself as competition... competition that will obviously be vastly inferior.

But I do agree with @Chris_Sanders, the league will likely come up with a few wrinkles that the NFL will adopt and carry on. We will also probably see another Tommy Maddox or 2, guys who shine among the turds.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The games aren’t bad but the sideline interviews during the game HAVE to go, I hate it when they do it in preseason NFL games and it isn’t any better now.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They need to find a way to "barrow" some NFL players, like backup QB's or young WR's. Right now, those two are the biggest missing pieces for a couple of players. Brett Hundley would be a big upgrade over half of the current starters and it would nice to make sure he stays ready.

Or they need to get college Junior and Seniors to make a jump for two years to the XFL. They can make money and gear up for the NFL. Think about it, Trevor Lawrence for one or two seasons in the XFL vs. College would be fun to watch.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They need to find a way to "barrow" some NFL players, like backup QB's or young WR's. Right now, those two are the biggest missing pieces for a couple of players. Brett Hundley would be a big upgrade over half of the current starters and it would nice to make sure he stays ready.

Or they need to get college Junior and Seniors to make a jump for two years to the XFL. They can make money and gear up for the NFL. Think about it, Trevor Lawrence for one or two seasons in the XFL vs. College would be fun to watch.

yeah that’s never going to happen

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jordan Ta'amu is going to be a backup in the NFL next year. The Cardinals should sign him as the #3.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
The XFL should allow kids after 1 year of college and make a deal so they can still be eligible for the NFL draft after a 2 year contract. Those kids would jump at the chance to make money and still be draft eligible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk