Suns @ Celtics Saturday game thread 1-18-20

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Saturday the Suns wrap up their three game road in Boston to face the Celtics.

Celtics (27-13) are 5-5 over their last 10 games and have lost their last two games to the Pistons and Bucks respectively.

Suns (17-24) would like to finish the road trip above .500 after beating the Knicks on Thursday but winning in Boston will be a tough order.

The game will start at 5 p.m. MST (Arizona time).

It will be televised on FSAZ.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kelly Oubre remains out. Cam Johnson is questionable.

Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

Kelly Oubre Jr. remains out for tomorrow's game in Boston due to concussion protocol. Cam Johnson (quad bruise) is questionable.

2:27 PM - 17 Jan 2020

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Our wings are going to be pretty small if both Oubre and Cam are out. Rubio, Booker and Bridges are fine out of the gate, but the bench rotation of Okobo and I'm guessing Tyler Johnson are going to be a problem on the defensive end.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our wings are going to be pretty small if both Oubre and Cam are out. Rubio, Booker and Bridges are fine out of the gate, but the bench rotation of Okobo and I'm guessing Tyler Johnson are going to be a problem on the defensive end.

I'm not sure how it would work in regard to match-ups but the Suns could bring up another big body in Tariq Owens.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is Tacko Fall playing? Those monstrosity type players really bother Ayton.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kelly Oubre remains with the Suns on the three game road trip which ends today.

Gina Mizell‏Verified account @ginamizell

Kelly Oubre Jr. will miss his second consecutive game tonight while going through concussion protocol, but he remains with the #Suns on this trip. He was at shootaround this morning working with training staff.

12:14 PM - 18 Jan 2020

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What’s crappy is that it took a concussion to move Bridges into the starting rotation. Just seems like a no brainer to play your best people the most minutes.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
What’s crappy is that it took a concussion to move Bridges into the starting rotation. Just seems like a no brainer to play your best people the most minutes.
They need to kick Saric out when Oubre gets back. No reason not to run that great closing lineup at the start of the game. We would have a good chance at getting out to a good start.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boston classy as usual.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pregame with Suns. Jalen Brown is also out for Celtics.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I'd be fine dividing it between Booker and Ayton though.

For sure! Theoretically, Ayton SHOULD be able to dominate Boston in the paint. They really don't have much of an inside presence. Kanter might be the single worst defender in the NBA. Theis and Williams are grossly undersized, and Fall is a joke. If Ayton plays with the same level of aggression as he did in the last game, I can see him going for 30 and 20.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For sure! Theoretically, Ayton SHOULD be able to dominate Boston in the paint. They really don't have much of an inside presence. Kanter might be the single worst defender in the NBA. Theis and Williams are grossly undersized, and Fall is a joke. If Ayton plays with the same level of aggression as he did in the last game, I can see him going for 30 and 20.

Maybe Baynes wants to impress tonight as well. Hope so.