The Suns next big move

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Uarizona alums.

My attention span is too short to know who they are. In general I don't recall people defending everything he does but I may have skipped a post or two in some of these threads.

SQUIRREL!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being an AZ fan is why i was never completely sold on him. I remember like 2-3 games from his season there.

I never thought James Harden would be that good in the NBA when he played at ASU and we know how that turned out.

His first two seasons in the league were nothing special. Plenty of time for Ayton to improve as well.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never thought James Harden would be that good in the NBA when he played at ASU and we know how that turned out.

His first two seasons in the league were nothing special. Plenty of time for Ayton to improve as well.

Ditto. I thought Harden would be a serviceable NBA player. I would be lying if I said I had any idea how dominate he could be at the next level.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Who are these staunch defenders of him anyway? Staunch to me means defending everything he does. I have not seen anybody like that I can recall.
There really aren't

Most folks acknowledge Ayton's suspension mistake and on-court deficiencies in aggression, ballhandling, etc. and are fully aware Luka is the better player but we also realize that a 21-year kid averaging 16/10 with plus defense doesn't suck and should not be the focus of criticism for this team. You can't even say something clearly obvious like "Ayton should be shooting more 3's" without that being used to criticize. Fact is he's the 3rd best player on the roster by a pretty wide margin.

I guess Ayton just needs to be more like Baynes and be animated and yell and scream for no reason so everyone can like him despite the glaring lack of efficiency and output.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton was in Tucson for like six months and got blown out by Buffalo in the first round. And I wanted to draft Bagley.

Yuck. I think I had Bagley like... 6th or so. I don't think he will ever be anything of note. Thus far he has been really... really... bad.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Getting back on topic, I wouldn't hate getting Kevin Love if it was just Johnson(s) and filler. Don't see a scenario in which a top FA comes here anyways this season or next.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Getting back on topic, I wouldn't hate getting Kevin Love if it was just Johnson(s) and filler. Don't see a scenario in which a top FA comes here anyways this season or next.
Anything to get the mediocrity of Saric outta there. We have so many areas needing
improvement, even one move might start things back in the right direction.

Then a backup Point Guard. And a backup Center.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
don’t forget a Bender, Chriss a Josh Jackson and throw in a Ty Jerome

Not to mention Kendall Marshall, Markeiff Morris, Tyler Ennis, Alex Len and Earl Clark.

Man, no wonder we have sucked so badly. Our drafting has been historically awful over a very long period of time.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not to mention Kendall Marshall, Markeiff Morris, Tyler Ennis, Alex Len and Earl Clark.

Man, no wonder we have sucked so badly. Our drafting has been historically awful over a very long period of time.

lol you can have all the first round picks you want T-Wolves.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anything to get the mediocrity of Saric outta there. We have so many areas needing
improvement, even one move might start things back in the right direction.

Then a backup Point Guard. And a backup Center.
It is just uncanny how I disagree with you on about everything. Saric is a solid basketball player. He is a very solid role player and every team needs them. I am very happy to keep Saric.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
It is just uncanny how I disagree with you on about everything. Saric is a solid basketball player. He is a very solid role player and every team needs them. I am very happy to keep Saric.

I agree. Dario is just solid. Nothing fancy, no athleticism, but he is a solid role player. He does, however, have to be paired up with a big, athletic Center. Suns need a backup point guard badly, and they need another long, athletic, PF/C. Then they need all around more shooting, but some of that is going to come from Cam and Mikal getting better.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I agree. Dario is just solid. Nothing fancy, no athleticism, but he is a solid role player. He does, however, have to be paired up with a big, athletic Center. Suns need a backup point guard badly, and they need another long, athletic, PF/C. Then they need all around more shooting, but some of that is going to come from Cam and Mikal getting better.

Saric doesn't take the team into the tank every time he is on the floor the way Cam does, but more often than not the team is noticeably worse when Saric is on the floor. At least Saric is capable of passing in addition to his erratic outside shooting, but like Cam he is an awful defender and subpar rebounder and is incapable of putting the ball on the floor.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Stephen A Smith thinks the Lakers should trade Kuzma for Devin Booker.lol
He said Book and AD are the future for the Lakers.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Stephen A Smith thinks the Lakers should trade Kuzma for Devin Booker.lol
He said Book and AD are the future for the Lakers.
Good lord that guy is dumber than rocks. Literally everything he says is moronic.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Have you considered the stigma of being demoted and remaining on the team?

It is often better for a demoted player to get a fresh start with a new team.

Put yourself in his position. Better for the player. Better for the team.

As far as your and my opinions, they are indeed divergent. You tend to
support the status quo and I look to improve. Especially considering the
disappointing status of the team over the past decade.

JC is no longer here, JC. Unless your initials are JC. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose