Wide Receiver

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If we go wide Receiver I am all in on Jerry Judy/Alabama. I live in Little Rock, AR and follow the SEC very closely. I have seen him play on TV many times. I think he is the cream of the crop in the SEC. He has speed, tough, and great hands. He can separate.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we go wide Receiver I am all in on Jerry Judy/Alabama. I live in Little Rock, AR and follow the SEC very closely. I have seen him play on TV many times. I think he is the cream of the crop in the SEC. He has speed, tough, and great hands. He can separate.

I have never seen him play nor do I follow the SEC but even I know thats not how you spell his name ;)

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
If we are talking Julio Jones/Michael Thomas - I would be happy to pick Jeudy or Lamb at #8.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Draft Okudah at #8 if he's there and move Peterson for another draft pick hopefully mid/late first round.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Let's just call him JJ for now since his parents cannot come up with spell friendly name... which by the way is my major gripe as a professor reading the roll call the first day of class lol
His parents made up the spelling of his last name? hahaha

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we are talking Julio Jones/Michael Thomas - I would be happy to pick Jeudy or Lamb at #8.
This is my thought exactly. If he is a wide receiver in that mold, then I have no problem taking him. However, I don't trust Kiem to make the correct assessment seeing that he thought a guy like Isabella was better than DK Metcalf. With a top 10 pick, you need to pick the BPA. If the defenders are ranked higher, than go that route. If the WR's are rated higher than I don't have a problem with that.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It might be my fading memory, but wasn't John H the poster, who was a former Air Force flyer? And also, a baseball Cardinals or Cubs fan, in addition to the FB Cardinals? I see he has over 10K posts, but I don't remember many recently. If I'm wrong, please excuse me.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
his stats regressed this year. On him or his team?
He is one of 3 lock first round picks in his WR room. Smith is probably a 2nd rounder.

Also...... Tua destroyed his hip with some games left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is my thought exactly. If he is a wide receiver in that mold, then I have no problem taking him. However, I don't trust Kiem to make the correct assessment seeing that he thought a guy like Isabella was better than DK Metcalf. With a top 10 pick, you need to pick the BPA. If the defenders are ranked higher, than go that route. If the WR's are rated higher than I don't have a problem with that.
Bpa I based on keim though too so this is contradictory

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It might be my fading memory, but wasn't John H the poster, who was a former Air Force flyer? And also, a baseball Cardinals or Cubs fan, in addition to the FB Cardinals? I see he has over 10K posts, but I don't remember many recently. If I'm wrong, please excuse me.

Yes, he goes all the way back with those of us from the old AOL board.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Draft Okudah at #8 if he's there and move Peterson for another draft pick hopefully mid/late first round.

Love Okudah but reading it would be a major upset if Detroit doesn't pick him at 3.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Tua got hurt, everything went down.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Not really it was more that everyone doubled him this year so Tua threw the ball to the open guy which was often one of the other 2 starters. Donta Smith picked up the numbers by being singled while Jeudy was doubled.

And then we saw in the bowl game what he can do if single covered fairly regularly.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think there's a slim chance we get a shot at him but just slim.

I figure the first 3 picks are Burrow, Young and Okudah. 4 is the Giants and they're the most likely team to take a WR ahead of us IMO but I've read they might prefer Lamb to Jeudy(no idea why just read they might). 5 the Dolphins take Tua, at 6 seems very popular that Chargers will be taking Herbert(not a huge fan myself). At 7 I just don't see Carolina taking a WR, could go OL like Thomas, could go defense like Simmons. So that would put us at 8 with Jeudy on the board.

The other thing of course is someone else could move in there as there are apparently teams that covet both Lamb and Jeudy that pick after us and might want to move up ahead of us to get one of them.