Kliff is developing a QB.....

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not fired up at all.Just expressing my opinion.Obsessed.No.If KM becomes good and leads this team to wins then I will be pleased.Refusing to get slobbery over style points and losses isn`t my thing.Just not a glass half full guy with this team right now and that includes KM.
the dude made a post expressing that he has faith that KK can build up QBs and make his quarterback great.

then you come in insulting him, calling him a Murray slobber-er and more. look in the mirror dude. You are creating your own story here. The thread and posts are about the coach, not the quarterback.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
not slamming the whole board, just some crappy takes.

noted that your brain is blown.... any comments on KK's development strategy?
I do not think Kingsbury should be the coach developing Kyler Murray. I think Kingsbury is in over his head, and has little hold/influence on this team and roster.

Complete and total speculation, but his inexperience is something players will deal with for only so long before they tune him out.

Kingsbury got a sweet offer and opportunity and took it. I cannot blame him, but he should not be in this position.

Without a doubt Kingsbury needs to be developed as a head coach, but that is what positional and coordinator jobs in the NFL are for.

The Cardinals have a head coach that needs to develop, not only as a head coach but as a play caller and a QB that needs to be developed, thus it is the blind leading the blind right now.

Murray has the talent to be a NFL QB, but I am not sure Kingsbury has the skills to be a NFL head coach.

There is no way Kingsbury takes a demotion and stays with the team, so I think it is likely Kingsbury develops somewhere else when it is all said and done.

As for what to do now that we are here? Get an assistant head coach in name, and have hin run the show.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
also, you cant really let loose and play downfield ball until you have time in the pocket to do it.
What is VERY concerning to me was Murray was supposed to be a super athlete, but he is a horrible scrambler and makes no plays and the run.

For all his speed, he is not that mobile of a QB.

Sure, his designed runs are OK, but his ability to improv is not impressive......at least so far.

He is a rookie afterall.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
does anyone even know the guys age? or do we automatically discriminate on people because of their age around here?
Anyone older than 40yrs old is full of it. :D

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
anyways.... back to QB development... maybe I should've done a poll about trust in KK's ability to develop QBs and if it'll transfer to the NFL
I have zero trust in KK's ability to develop a QB for the NFL.

And am concerned about KK's development as a head coach and developing his offense for the NFL.

Again, he seem like he is in WAY over his head

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I've openly posted about being a youngster. 25 yr old native who's been to nearly every home game since I was 5 or 6

I for one am not going to knock you for your youthful exuberance. You have every right to post your opinion. I don't necessarily agree with it, but it's your opinion. I see Klingsbury as a failed college coach whom I don't have much confidence in to succeed at the pro level.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
the dude made a post expressing that he has faith that KK can build up QBs and make his quarterback great.

then you come in insulting him, calling him a Murray slobber-er and more. look in the mirror dude. You are creating your own story here. The thread and posts are about the coach, not the quarterback.
For what it's worth, Zeem came at BW (and myself) in another thread, so I think this is spillover, especially given the keyboard warrior comments and all. I'm not gonna get revved up about it.

I'm also in the same camp as @RugbyMuffin where I don't see it in Kliff. As a coordinator, I'd get it. But I just don't see the guy managing to suddenly change his stripes when he never has at any level.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
its been reported that Kyler and his family are frustrated with KK being so conservative with play calling... they want to take deep shots and run more

With respect to the family, they should butt out and let the coaches do the coaching. KM and KK are men, and by all accounts, are tied at the hip. If KM has an issue, he can address it with KK. Involving the family is more evidence that there’s dysfunction within the organization

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For what it's worth, Zeem came at BW (and myself) in another thread, so I think this is spillover, especially given the keyboard warrior comments and all. I'm not gonna get revved up about it.

I'm also in the same camp as @RugbyMuffin where I don't see it in Kliff. As a coordinator, I'd get it. But I just don't see the guy managing to suddenly change his stripes when he never has at any level.
BW is just pretty much a troll. No, it’s not because we disagree on stuff, it’s more so the fact he just acts like a little child every time someone even says something remotely positive about Kyler. Calling them a “Kyler butt-kisser” & all types of idiotic names.

I get talking with you, K9, Choppa, TJ, & other Kyler non-advocates because there’s at least some sense with respectable posts in there, but the fact that people are still entertaining BW is sad as hell.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is VERY concerning to me was Murray was supposed to be a super athlete, but he is a horrible scrambler and makes no plays and the run.

For all his speed, he is not that mobile of a QB.

Sure, his designed runs are OK, but his ability to improv is not impressive......at least so far.

He is a rookie afterall.

he is mobile, he is just soft. He is going to have to decide he is a big boy and can get hit or his mobility will always be sub par.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With respect to the family, they should butt out and let the coaches do the coaching. KM and KK are men, and by all accounts, are tied at the hip. If KM has an issue, he can address it with KK. Involving the family is more evidence that there’s dysfunction within the organization
the family comments are conjecture.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BW is just pretty much a troll. No, it’s not because we disagree on stuff, it’s more so the fact he just acts like a little child every time someone even says something remotely positive about Kyler. Calling them a “Kyler butt-kisser” & all types of idiotic names.

I get talking with you, K9, Choppa, TJ, & other Kyler non-advocates because there’s at least some sense with respectable posts in there, but the fact that people are still entertaining BW is sad as hell.
solar responds, discusses and has conversation. not just insults and negative horse beating.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Yeah, I get it sometimes. I wouldn't call him a troll, I just think he's very passionate and comes across too strongly with that, but I get it.

solar responds, discusses and has conversation. not just insults and negative horse beating.
Thanks for that. I was definitely beating a dead horse in the offseason, but I'm happy we now have close to a season's worth of play and coaching to discuss rationally.

OP
OP
Zeem_Freeze

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I do not think Kingsbury should be the coach developing Kyler Murray. I think Kingsbury is in over his head, and has little hold/influence on this team and roster.

Complete and total speculation, but his inexperience is something players will deal with for only so long before they tune him out.

Kingsbury got a sweet offer and opportunity and took it. I cannot blame him, but he should not be in this position.

Without a doubt Kingsbury needs to be developed as a head coach, but that is what positional and coordinator jobs in the NFL are for.

The Cardinals have a head coach that needs to develop, not only as a head coach but as a play caller and a QB that needs to be developed, thus it is the blind leading the blind right now.

Murray has the talent to be a NFL QB, but I am not sure Kingsbury has the skills to be a NFL head coach.

There is no way Kingsbury takes a demotion and stays with the team, so I think it is likely Kingsbury develops somewhere else when it is all said and done.

As for what to do now that we are here? Get an assistant head coach in name, and have hin run the show.

very fair take. I agree KK is an under qualified head coach who is in over his head.

BUT, in the NFL, teams go as the QB goes and I believe KK is an OVER qualified QB developer even by NFL standards. In his decade of coaching college, every single one of his starting QBs went on to get drafted. That's very impressive and something Saban cant replicate over a decade with Alabama level talent.

Love the reports that he is a workaholic and practically lives at the facility. At least he's trying to develop and that gives me hope.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I get it sometimes. I wouldn't call him a troll, I just think he's very passionate and comes across too strongly with that, but I get it.

Thanks for that. I was definitely beating a dead horse in the offseason, but I'm happy we now have close to a season's worth of play and coaching to discuss rationally.

passion is different than angry, bitter and negative.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
very fair take. I agree KK is an under qualified head coach who is in over his head.

BUT, in the NFL, teams go as the QB goes and I believe KK is an OVER qualified QB developer even by NFL standards. In his decade of coaching college, every single one of his starting QBs went on to get drafted. That's very impressive and something Saban cant replicate over a decade with Alabama level talent.

Love the reports that he is a workaholic and practically lives at the facility. At least he's trying to develop and that gives me hope.
this is true but it is also true that he could not win with mahomes so I am still reserving my optimism, especially with 3 wins.

OP
OP
Zeem_Freeze

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
this is true but it is also true that he could not win with mahomes so I am still reserving my optimism, especially with 3 wins.
I think people put too much weight into his college record...

fun thought to kick around:
what percentage of success in NCAA football is attributed to purely X's and O's and player developement? what percentage of success in the NFL?

just ballpark guesses, I'd say NCAA is less than 50% coaching while NFL is more than 50% coaching.

I actually think Kliff is better suited for the NFL than NCAA

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

what percentage of success in NCAA football is attributed to purely X's and O's and player developement? what percentage of success in the NFL?

just ballpark guesses, I'd say NCAA is less than 50% coaching while NFL is more than 50% coaching.

I'm not sure how else people are supposed to judge a head coach besides his ability to win games. Can you name any other good head coaches that didn't win?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I do not put a ton of weight into record as I recognise the circumstance but I still reserve judgement on is he can develop QBs or if he can just recruit QBs.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how else people are supposed to judge a head coach besides his ability to win games. Can you name any other good head coaches that didn't win?

player development, scheme, intelligence, lots of stuff. especially when rating college coaches. The chips are stacked in college.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can name a lot who didn’t their 1st year as a NFL HC.

OP
OP
Zeem_Freeze

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
You kk backers may have merit if Mike Leach, the coach Kliffy replaced, didn’t have a winning record every year but 1 while at the same school.

kk stunk at TTech and has stunk in the NFL. Shouldn’t surprise anyone.

If he wasn’t coaching the Cardinals, you’d guys would be ripping on him.
He never should’ve been hired in the first place.

Why does he get a pass and Wilkes doesn’t. They’re both terrible and the Cards have shown regression not progression under kingsbury.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn