The Territorial Cup

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What was that call by the wildcats on 4th down?

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
ASU offense really conservative. Don’t be afraid

And that's the reason I don’t respect Herm as a coach. The "conservative" starts have killed them all season long... and last year, as well. After they get down two or three scores, only then it seems do they finally open up the offense and start hitting on all cylinders. But of course, there have been several instances where that has been too late, and cost them games they could/should have won.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devils get on the board with a field goal.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Devils is a Duck Funk... Was really worried about a hangover from last week. Herm & Co have their hands full now, trying to get this team mentally into this game...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those passes in the flat always worry me.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lucky referees didn't call that personal foul on Sun Devils.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
What a craptacular half of football by both teams. ASU playing down to the level of a lousy opponent yet again.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Was closer than it should’ve been... but a solid win nonetheless. Coming off the emotional high of beating Oregon last week, this had all the makings of a typical ASU crash & burn... Kudos to Herm & Co for getting this team up and ready to battle. Wasn’t their prettiest... but they found a way.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
What bowl are we looking at after this? Sun Bowl maybe? As far as the game goes...it was a snoozefest. I'm glad we won, though, considering it had upset written all over it. And on a side note...can you imagine what Daniel's arm would look like after he puts on 30 lbs? He already has a cannon for being a toothpick, but he's barely scratching the surface of his physical potential. Should be interesting!

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean, "not their prettiest". I thought they played a good game, especially the second half.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great win for the Sun Devils! Was able to watch the second half on my Hulu free trial!

Another slow start by the offense. Maybe we'll open up the play calling next year? Not sure what the deal is.
Dominant second half. Showed some class by not scoring on that last drive in favor of eating up the clock.

That may have been Benjamin's last game at SDS. Great to see him go over 1000 yards, again.

I was glad to see Tate on the field for the whole game. He showed that same flash, but his receivers didn't help on those ints.

2 ints by Jones. He has one year left, hoping he's a beast next year.

Onto the bowl, hope we can finish with a W.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hope they (ASU) go to the Holiday Bowl in San Diego. Heard a report that both Holiday and Sun Bowl officials were at the game. One media predicted it would be ASU vs Iowa in the Holiday Bowl. We should know something this week.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose