xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Media members need to stop sniffing glue

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Zona likely most talented team but also really young.
Hasn’t stopped us in the past. Team has enough upperclassmen, like Jeter, Hazzard, Lee, Gettings and Smith, to counterbalance the youth. Plus, this group of kids is far more mature than previous recruiting classes.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Hasn’t stopped us in the past. Team has enough upperclassmen, like Jeter, Hazzard, Lee, Gettings and Smith, to counterbalance the youth. Plus, this group of kids is far more mature than previous recruiting classes.
Other than jeter if you’re a uofa fan I think you’re hoping the kids development means none of those other guys get a lot of burn.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Other than jeter if you’re a uofa fan I think you’re hoping the kids development means none of those other guys get a lot of burn.
Hazzard is either gonna start at the 2 or will play significant minutes off the bench. He’s the best shooter on the team and it isn’t even close. Lee is gonna be the energy guy off the bench. He’s steadily improving his offensive game. Who knows about Gettings. The only guy you don’t want getting major burn in the group Is Dylan Smith.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hazzard is either gonna start at the 2 or will play significant minutes off the bench. He’s the best shooter on the team and it isn’t even close. Lee is gonna be the energy guy off the bench. He’s steadily improving his offensive game. Who knows about Gettings. The only guy you don’t want getting major burn in the group Is Dylan Smith.

If it's not even close then Arizona has no shooters. Max can shoot yes but his career best from 3 was last year, 38. Last year was also the only timein his career he topped 40% overall. He's never topped 78% from the FT line either. He can shoot yes but he's more of a volume shooter he's not Steve Kerr or something like that. He's more like a smaller, less athletic version of Gabe York. You hope it's York the senior that had career bests in shooting and obviously there's enough talent that he doesn't have to carry the water as much as he did last year.

I really don't know enough about Oregon's kids to know, I know they had a nice recruiting class I just am not familiar with the kids for the most part, foreign kids, transfers etc. Great coach, every year finds a way to pull together guys like that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I have been thoroughly unimpressed with anything Lee’s brought to the table. And we’ve heard about transfers with skills a lot before and I’ve yet to see any shooter live up to their reputation upon transfer. If they give zona anything I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been thoroughly unimpressed with anything Lee’s brought to the table. And we’ve heard about transfers with skills a lot before and I’ve yet to see any shooter live up to their reputation upon transfer. If they give zona anything I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Lee is actually better than I thought I figured he'd have transferred out by now but he's improved. But he's never going to be really good because he has such little range on his shot. Very athletic though. Gettings is sort of unknown he was 2nd team all Ivy league before transferring, supposed to be a good shooter but I've never seen him.

Heard lots of people raving about the freshman NNaji. I didn't see the red/blue so I have no idea. But losing Brandon Williams hurts not clear to me who the backup PG is now. On paper I think Arizona has as much talent as anybody in the conference but I'm really not familiar with Oregon's kids. Surprised that USC and UW aren't a bit higher but USC is mainly potential Enfield's teams usually underachieve. Colorado is more experienced they just appear to lack depth.

I think there's 5-6 teams on paper that could win the conference if things go right for them.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score

if you’re expecting 12/7 from him, you’re gonna be disappointed. However, he’s a valuable role player and a guy who’ll give energy off the bench and solid interior defense. With all of the talent and depth on the team, he isn’t going to be asked to or need to do much more than that. I’d loosely compare his role to that of a younger Jared Dudley

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Jemarl Baker got his waiver and is eligible to play this season. This is huge. Fills the void left when B-Will was shut down.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jemarl Baker got his waiver and is eligible to play this season. This is huge. Fills the void left when B-Will was shut down.
I always tend to wonder how they decide these things. Coaches can jump around on a whim but players can't. Good for Baker.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I always tend to wonder how they decide these things. Coaches can jump around on a whim but players can't. Good for Baker.
Supposedly, Kentucky and Coach Cal helped push this through for Sean Miller. Don’t think it happens without Cal’s assistance

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Supposedly, Kentucky and Coach Cal helped push this through for Sean Miller. Don’t think it happens without Cal’s assistance

Yeah at this point unless there's clear tampering I think transfers should be able to play right away. The coaches don't have to sit a year why should the players.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is huge. Now they have the depth they were looking for.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
By the way - great podcast with Johnjay and Sean Miller. Miller seems so much more chill than the past two seasons

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Impressions from exhibition game:

-We had a ton of clean looks from outside that didn’t go in.

-Nico was great passing and has awesome handles. Defense is gonna be his Achilles heal, but he looks like a true PH

-Josh Green played great defense, but looked lost on offense. 12-point game is a mirage

-Jeter is gonna love having more talent around him. Dude operates so gracefully underneath the basket

-Lee is better than I expected. Probably the best player on the floor last night. Offensive game still looks awkward, but he’s always gonna put in work every night. Lost some weight

-Dylan Smith still sucks

-Koloko should’ve gotten more run. Wouldn’t be surprised if he starts playing important minutes this season. Pleasant surprise for him to go from potential redshirt to contributor

-Hazzard is one of the most important players on the team. His shooting is going to stretch the court

-Didn’t see much from Baker, but he’s been dealing with hip pain

-Doutrive needs to put down the hippie lettuce until the end of the season. Anyone who goes down this season is in jeopardy of permanently losing playing time. Hazzard, Smith and Baker can all play the 2

-Chico State is huge. Surprised a D-II team had so many 6’10” dudes all over the place.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know it's NAU but this is Miller's deepest team. Nnaji is a beast. I hope this uptempo offense continues.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I know it's NAU but this is Miller's deepest team. Nnaji is a beast. I hope this uptempo offense continues.

Nnaji is fantastic. Reminds me of Ray Owes. Green reminds me of Michael Dickerson.

Mannion reminds me of Lonzo Ball. Very clever with the ball and good tenacity, but he can't shoot worth a lick.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nnaji is fantastic. Reminds me of Ray Owes. Green reminds me of Michael Dickerson.

Mannion reminds me of Lonzo Ball. Very clever with the ball and good tenacity, but he can't shoot worth a lick.

Nnaji reminds me of Jordan Hill. Stone Gettings is going to play a big part coming off the bench. You can see he knows how to play the game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nico can shoot I didn't see the game my guess is he's adjusting to college where defenders are bigger, longer, and react quicker and what looks to be an open shot gets closed off quicker.

Happens to lots of freshmen, except apparently Cole Anthony.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose