The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
This guy explains this pretty well and also breaks down some of the risk factors for Zion outside of simply his athleticism mixed with his size.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Andrew Lopez
@_Andrew_Lopez

·
2m

David Griffin tells us Zion is an elite athlete and in elite condition. Says weight wasn’t an issue in the injury.

Says Zion never had swelling the knee and wasn’t experiencing much pain. Still not sure when it happened.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve Kerr says Klay Thompson could miss all season.

But Kerr, during a recent interview with NBC Sports Bay Area, acknowledged that Thompson "realistically" will miss the entire season because of the expected recovery time required for a torn ACL.

"It's unlikely that he's going to play this year," Kerr told NBC Sports Bay Area, which plans to publish the entire interview later Tuesday. "So we have to understand that."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...ompson-likely-miss-season-recovering-torn-acl

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grizzlies will not pick up 4th year option on Josh Jackson.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This guy explains this pretty well and also breaks down some of the risk factors for Zion outside of simply his athleticism mixed with his size.

yeah I saw this video today, I never really paid attention to the way he walks, but that ain’t right. Really made me question if he will be able to stay healthy.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

Just as you posted, the analysis explained why the injury happened and the risk factors.

A lot better than my posting about the weight Zion carries on those knees and ankles.

I especially took note of the 100 lb. weight gain. He hasn't had the time for his legs to
bear the weight of it, if they could at all.

And how he simply walks like an old man, his body swaying from side to side as he puts
weight on each leg. It was mentioned that he might have flat feet -- no natural arches.

I was born 2 months premature with no arches, and I know how weary that makes it to be
on your feet, let alone as an athlete. For 78 years, I've never swayed like Zion when I walk.

It is a shame. The NBA was counting on him to be their #1 attraction as LeBron's
dominance wears down.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Lakers bench compared to the Clipps bench looks enormous right now. Major advantage Clipps and George isn’t back for 2 weeks.

i think the clips are just far better. IMO they are clearly the best team in the league, with Denver second.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, we all know that words matter. Last night, Brad Botkin (CBSSports) proved that spaces matter too.

Pascal Siakam wasted no time invalidating the Raptors' confidence in him by posting a monster line of 34 points, 18 rebounds and 5 assists on Tuesday

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was nice to see the Clips beat the Lakers.

Agreed but I was wearing a striped shirt last night so I started calling fouls on Beverley. I stopped when he reached triple digits. I just despise that kind of basketball. Sure, I'd rather we do it than have it done to us but I'd rather see it taken out of the game completely. I'd wager the Clippers will lead the league in on court confrontations this season and by a large margin as Pat isn't the only Clipper that plays like he was suited up for the Chuck Daly Pistons.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The Lakers are really thin. We've already seen that both James (at least the older James) and Davis need strong supporting casts. Now they have each other, but after Kuzma, who's their fourth-best player?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does it seem like Leonard has his legs back? Last year when he dunked, his legs were dragging or following his body...im not sure if anyone gets what i'm talking about. But last night he had some lift.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As Kerr said it's just math. He had surgery in july. 9-12 months puts him out the whole regular season. If he's back in the regular season he is coming back faster than 9 to 12 months.

I think it's the right approach for Kerr to take to lower expectations of Klay Thompson returning this season. If he returns earlier, so much the better. At least there will not be the constant expectation of him returning before he is ready.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed but I was wearing a striped shirt last night so I started calling fouls on Beverley. I stopped when he reached triple digits. I just despise that kind of basketball. Sure, I'd rather we do it than have it done to us but I'd rather see it taken out of the game completely. I'd wager the Clippers will lead the league in on court confrontations this season and by a large margin as Pat isn't the only Clipper that plays like he was suited up for the Chuck Daly Pistons.

I only watched pieces but he drew a charge on Davis early that was just complete BS. He was walking forward into the contact, yes he was in front but he wasn't remotely set. I know the argument is he was in front but by walking forward he created the contact. And it was dangerous contact too because Davis was going up like he was going to dunk it.

They have gone too far the other way now on charges IMO

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only watched pieces but he drew a charge on Davis early that was just complete BS. He was walking forward into the contact, yes he was in front but he wasn't remotely set. I know the argument is he was in front but by walking forward he created the contact. And it was dangerous contact too because Davis was going up like he was going to dunk it.

Yep. I remember that play and it pissed me off too. Fortunately my TV doesn't object to me yelling at it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think the clips are just far better. IMO they are clearly the best team in the league, with Denver second.

Sure but heads up I'd still take the Lakers if their 2nd squads were even close to comparable. And who knows, when veterans start getting bought out maybe the Lakers will fill enough of those holes. Not that I want them to; I'd only be in favor of them improving like that if that's what it would take to keep the Clippers from winning it all.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Lakers are really thin. We've already seen that both James (at least the older James) and Davis need strong supporting casts. Now they have each other, but after Kuzma, who's their fourth-best player?

Danny Green I assume. He looked great last night but he has disappeared in stretches over the past few years.

The Lakers are pretty weak at guard. I doubt Rondo helps that much.

Dwight Howard also looked bad.

The real question is how LeBron holds up for the entire season because it looks like he'll be shouldering a heavy load this season.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The charge happened maybe 3 feet from the restricted circle and Beverly's presence was known to Davis once Davis went by Williams. Its not like Beverly swooped in and undercut him while his was in the air. Just seems like everything Beverly does is under a microscope.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Danny Green I assume. He looked great last night but he has disappeared in stretches over the past few years.

The Lakers are pretty weak at guard. I doubt Rondo helps that much.

Dwight Howard also looked bad.

The real question is how LeBron holds up for the entire season because it looks like he'll be shouldering a heavy load this season.

Davis was gassed in the second half and pretty much a non-factor. That was a big surprise to me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave