The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lavine is a year older, I'm not sure he's a year smarter though. He drives to the hoop down 3 with 4.5 seconds and no timeouts left. And between him and Lauri, they had plenty of 3 point firepower to send it to OT. So now, Charlotte has a 1 game winning streak. I thought it would take awhile for them to win their first game this season.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TJ Warren went to the locker room a little early with a hip contusion, Pacers lose to the Pistons (without Blake).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lavine is a year older, I'm not sure he's a year smarter though. He drives to the hoop down 3 with 4.5 seconds and no timeouts left. And between him and Lauri, they had plenty of 3 point firepower to send it to OT. So now, Charlotte has a 1 game winning streak. I thought it would take awhile for them to win their first game this season.

I see Satoransky only had 2 points. Thought he was a pretty good off season acquisition. Maybe it takes awhile for the two to work together.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see Satoransky only had 2 points. Thought he was a pretty good off season acquisition. Maybe it takes awhile for the two to work together.

I was never high on Satoransky (as a starter) but I only saw the last few minutes of this game so I don't know what happened with him. The box score doesn't look good for him or for the high priced Rozier who, despite starting for the winning team, went 2 for 10 and was an embarrassing -18 for the game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like Warren took some hard falls with the Suns as well.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was never high on Satoransky but I only saw the last few minutes of this game so I don't know what happened with him. The box score doesn't look good for him or for Rozier who managed to go -18 in a win (hard to do for a starter).

I'm not a big fan of Satoransky but I thought he might be an option if the Suns had not signed Rubio. He is sort of a combo guard.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of Satoransky but I thought he might be an option if the Suns had not signed Rubio. He is sort of a combo guard.

I certainly wouldn't mind having him on our bench. From what little I've seen of him, in addition to having good size for the game, he's also athletic and appears to enjoy defending.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Lakers are really thin. We've already seen that both James (at least the older James) and Davis need strong supporting casts. Now they have each other, but after Kuzma, who's their fourth-best player?

Danny Green which doesn't sound well for them.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns fan will remember this name from the draft.

Jay Morant had 14 points (6-12), 4 rebounds and 4 assists in the opener with the Grizzlies. He also had 6 turnovers.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

We’ve got two years to convince him.

Spoiled brat Lebron will probably convince him to join his "superteam" after the Lakers fail to win it all again for the next two years.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spoiled brat Lebron will probably convince him to join his "superteam" after the Lakers fail to win it all again for the next two years.

I want to see Giannis stay in the East.

Lebron may not have the same allure after two more seasons. Anthony Davis will likely be the attraction if he stays.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Wizards were denied the $9.2 million Disabled Player Exception for John Wall by the NBA.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Clippers dominating the entire game against the Warriors.

Curry is a great shooter but he’s not a guy that can carry a team.

I’m glad we didn’t end up with DLo.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think Curry is the problem. They lost a lot of depth, and there is nothing for Curry to carry. If they had Livingston and Iggy of three or four years ago, they would be just fine. They are also missing Thompson, who is an outstanding two-way player. Glenn Robinson (No, not the good one- his kid) is their starting SF, and the rest of the rotation consists of players who shouldn't be in the NBA. Looney could probably be a good backup, but the rest of them don't even belong in the NBA. It's like the Suns roster last year once you go beyond Curry, Green, and Russell.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tyson Chandler plays for Houston wtf...

They also resigned Ryan Anderson. I'm surprised Chandler didn't retire. I suspect this year will be his last. He won a title already, a little surprised he's ring chasing in Houston.