Supporting Member
Reaction score

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

·
4m

Brown's agent
@JGlushon
and Danny Ainge negotiated much of the deal over the weekend in Boston. This is Ainge's first rookie extension deal as GM since Rajon Rondo in 2009.

Are they not counting Marcus Smart's contract? I thought that was a rookie extension. I know it was signed later but he was still paid without needing to sign an offer sheet from another team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if the trade rumors were true about Sabonis, if you can't trade him, extend him?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

Zion Williamson has surgery today to repair torn meniscus in right knee and is expected to miss six to eight weeks, Pels say.

He's very young but that's not good at all. Guys who tear their meniscus seem to always end up with arthritist(I have both in my left knee right now arthritis and a slight meniscus tear). At his size and the way he plays he's going to put a ton of torque on that thing.

Hope he's able to get healthy and get his career started before that knee becomes a long term issue.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Beasley really screwed up that kid was really starting to put it together last year, can really shoot it. But then he got into a stupid fight in a hotel lobby with NFL player Sua Cravens. Cravens was released by the Broncos shortly after the fight because he was stupid enough to post about it online. They were fighting over some instagram model that apparently is the mother of Beasley's child. Which is presumably why Denver wants to get rid of Beasley.

Was in a good situation Denver is going to be good and he could have been a major rotation guy.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
damn... it would be a real shame if Zion goes the way of Penny Hardaway.
The handwriting is on the wall.

285 lbs. is a lot of weight to put on that 6'7" frame.

Especially with the way he plays, unlike a lumbering
7' Center at that weight.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He's very young but that's not good at all. Guys who tear their meniscus seem to always end up with arthritist(I have both in my left knee right now arthritis and a slight meniscus tear). At his size and the way he plays he's going to put a ton of torque on that thing.

Hope he's able to get healthy and get his career started before that knee becomes a long term issue.

Depends whether it gets repaired or removed. D-Wade has his meniscus removed at Marquette to get back quicker but it has worse effects longterm.
https://www.espn.com/nba/truehoop/m...-heat-regrets-having-meniscus-removed-college

I believe Bledsoe and Westbrook had theirs repaired but missed much more than 6-8 weeks. Sounds like they’re hushed on the details but I be shocked if they remove it.

At the end of the day play it safe. Blake Griffin misses his entire rookie year and it didn’t matter much.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Depends whether it gets repaired or removed. D-Wade has his meniscus removed at Marquette to get back quicker but it has worse effects longterm.
https://www.espn.com/nba/truehoop/m...-heat-regrets-having-meniscus-removed-college

I believe Bledsoe and Westbrook had theirs repaired but missed much more than 6-8 weeks. Sounds like they’re hushed on the details but I be shocked if they remove it.

At the end of the day play it safe. Blake Griffin misses his entire rookie year and it didn’t matter much.

Griffin I believe broke his knee cap, that is a bit nastier.

But Embiid missed basically his first 2 years, Nerlens Noel and Ben Simmons both missed their true rookie seasons. However, some of that had to do with the Sixers mutli-year tank job.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bledsoe had his repaired and IIRC the 6-8 weeks is to return to basketball activity rather than returning to play in actual games. Zion is young and that should help him return a little quicker but the Pelicans are said to be taking this injury seriously and won't rush him back. If he's given a 6-8 week return estimate now, I would think it'll be closer to 8-9 weeks until he's actually playing in games because it'll take him 7-10 days to get back in the swing of things and ready to see real playing time.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
jesus 28/year for brown???

Seriously, these contracts are bonkers. Jaylen Brown seems like just... a guy. He isn't bad, he isn't particularly good. A middling quality talent who doesn't hurt you anywhere. It's a nice thing to have but I would think it should be worth about half of what Brown got. I cannot imagine he'd sniff that money on the open market.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Bledsoe had his repaired and IIRC the 6-8 weeks is to return to basketball activity rather than returning to play in actual games. Zion is young and that should help him return a little quicker but the Pelicans are said to be taking this injury seriously and won't rush him back. If he's given a 6-8 week return estimate now, I would think it'll be closer to 8-9 weeks until he's actually playing in games because it'll take him 7-10 days to get back in the swing of things and ready to see real playing time.

Bledsoe is a tank for his position but Zion is a different animal in terms of sheer force. For a young guy he’s put a lot of pressure on his legs from throwing down insane dunks since middle school. That’s a lot of hard landings over the years. Idk only time will tell.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Zion better be watching what he is eating while he is out. With how rapidly he gained weight the last few years he could see his muscles turn into tub pretty quick if he isn't able to work out.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bledsoe is a tank for his position but Zion is a different animal in terms of sheer force. For a young guy he’s put a lot of pressure on his legs from throwing down insane dunks since middle school. That’s a lot of hard landings over the years. Idk only time will tell.

Good news for us is that he'll miss the game here, which is also the only nationally televised game of the year for the Suns. The game is November 21st. If you bought tickets though then I guess it's not good news, since I imagine seeing Zion was part of the reason you would buy tickets.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose