3-3-1

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Better than the Bears...Vikings/Cousins are inconsistent and will probably come back to reality...I also think the Cards split with Niners and Rams.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ever since cousins decided to throw more they have been the best offense in the league. As long as he doesn’t go back to what he was the first 4 weeks they have a shot to win the NFC. They currently already look like the best team in the NFC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

While maybe technically true, the stat is misleading. Until the end of daylight savings was pushed forward, there just weren’t too many opportunities for a 10AM start (Arizona time) — Arizona people, correct me if I’m wrong but I think later in the year local game times change with the return to standard time in the rest of the country.

If I’m not mistaken, we have won consecutive “early” starts: in 2009, we beat Jacksonville, Chicago, and Detroit in early kickoffs (Giants game was a night game, Rams game was late, as was the Titans game which we lost).

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ever since cousins decided to throw more they have been the best offense in the league. As long as he doesn’t go back to what he was the first 4 weeks they have a shot to win the NFC. They currently already look like the best team in the NFC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he won't win it but you can make a good case for Dalvin Cook as NFL MVP right now. Over 700 yards, 8 td's, and teams are keying on him so much that Cousins suddenly looks good.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
10th in the NFC

Here's a question...what teams are we better than or could potentially be better than this year

49ers
Saints
Packers
Seahawks
Vikings
Panthers
Cowboys
Rams
Bears
It's about matchups...

I think we matchup ok vs all of them except the 49ers, Saints, Vikings, and Cowboys. The 49ers are tough because their defense is so dominant right now and George Kittle.

The Seahawks without Dissley are a little easier.

I think Murray is much better now than he was vs Carolina.

The Rams offensive line is a HUGE problem for them and their defense is middle of the road. We wouldn't be favorites, but we have a shot.

Bears have Mitchell at QB which should be enough for us.

The Packers without Adams at WR and their bad run defense is winnable.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think he won't win it but you can make a good case for Dalvin Cook as NFL MVP right now. Over 700 yards, 8 td's, and teams are keying on him so much that Cousins suddenly looks good.
The problem with Minnesota is that they have Cook and Thielen AND Diggs AND really good defensive personnel. It is just a very multiple team that is tough to beat if you have inferior talent overall.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's about matchups...

I think we matchup ok vs all of them except the 49ers, Saints, Vikings, and Cowboys. The 49ers are tough because their defense is so dominant right now and George Kittle.

The Seahawks without Dissley are a little easier.

I think Murray is much better now than he was vs Carolina.

The Rams offensive line is a HUGE problem for them and their defense is middle of the road. We wouldn't be favorites, but we have a shot.

Bears have Mitchell at QB which should be enough for us.

The Packers without Adams at WR and their bad run defense is winnable.
I'd actually feel pretty confident against the Cowboys.

Carolina...we were in that game until Kyler crumbled. Pat makes things better as well.

I felt good about the Rams...until they added Ramsey.

Fascinated to see how we deal with the 49ers. I'm not afraid of their offense, but that dline/lbs are fast as heck.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem with Minnesota is that they have Cook and Thielen AND Diggs AND really good defensive personnel. It is just a very multiple team that is tough to beat if you have inferior talent overall.

Oh absolutely but Cook is the difference on that team. It's IMO why there was so much griping early in the season, Cook was out hurt last year so Cousins had an excuse, no run game. This year he has a great RB. And to his credit so far since all the complaining, he's stepped up his game considerably.

I have Cook on my fantasy team so during breaks I often switch over and watch them play, teams are starting to really stack the box on him if Cousins keeps hitting the open guys they could be really good.

Reaction score
I turned the sound off because Greg Olson was so biased in favor of the Giants.
:doi:
I liked Olsen as color commentator, believe he was fairly insightful. Yeah, he may have had a few comments about NY GM Dave Gettleman, which is only natural since they know each other from their shared time in Carolina, but other than that Olsen was very even-handed.

Last edited:

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
That run out of bounds at the time was stupid but they didn’t do anything getting the ball at 2:02

I’ve seen much worse mistakes by well seasoned hof Vets some even in our ROH.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We usually agree but not here. The easy TD break up that he just watched happen was beyond awful.
I was so pissed when I saw that. How in the hell does he just stand there & not make a play on that pass? He could've intercepted it or knocked it down. Help over the top means exactly that, it doesn't mean just stand & watch lol.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was so pissed when I saw that. How in the hell does he just stand there & not make a play on that pass? He could've intercepted it or knocked it down. Help over the top means exactly that, it doesn't mean just stand & watch lol.
I don't blame him for not trying.. I think it's just one of those things that some guys have and others don't. Some corners can never turn their head around for the ball regardless.. that's like Budda out there in coverage. He makes a play every now and then but it's the exception to the rule for him. Imo

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked Olsen as color commentator, believe he was fairly insightful. Yeah, he may have had a few comments about NY GM Dave Gettleman, which is only natural since they know each other from their shared time in Carolina, but other than that Olsen was very even-handed.
I thought he did a good job overall, but twice he made blatantly biased comments... when the Giants blew opportunities, he expressed his disappointment, as Superbad and Ronin noticed in the gameday thread.

...dave

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When i saw the play in real time, i thought just maybe he was afraid of getting penalized for hitting a defenseless receiver. Had he gone up for the ball, it would've been a huge collision. The receiver was basically between him and the ball, so he would've had to annihilate the guy. But after watching the replays, it seems he just froze, not knowing what to do... which does not bode well for his ability to play the position.

...dave

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

yeah i agree. I had no problem with Olsen as a commentator.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Maybe his foot slipped when he went to plant to break the pass up?
One would hope new cleats would be all that would he needed to get his game where it needs to be

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'd actually feel pretty confident against the Cowboys.

Carolina...we were in that game until Kyler crumbled. Pat makes things better as well.

I felt good about the Rams...until they added Ramsey.

Fascinated to see how we deal with the 49ers. I'm not afraid of their offense, but that dline/lbs are fast as heck.
I don't believe Ramsey impacts us much at all to be honest.

My issue is that Dak is mobile, Cooper is an amazing route runner which gives Peterson problems, and Elliott is good in the running and passing game. Add that to their offensive line and we have some problems matching up. On defense, their two LBs are a handfull for us without the ability to throw over the top.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
We usually agree but not here. The easy TD break up that he just watched happen was beyond awful.

I was actually hanging a large wall decor for the lady when that play occurred, so I honestly didn’t see that (I just heard TD and asked my GF “let me guess, the TE???”). I did see him adamantly directing/making coverage adjustments on the play that ended with a CJ strip sack, and it was Baker who snuffed out the TE trying to sneak his way into the flat (that was right where Daniel Jones was looking to).

I guess since we disagree here, we cant be friends anymore, and now I’m gonna have to attack all future posts you make, or at least chime in with some passive aggressive remarks from this point forward. Good day sir!! :biglaugh:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was actually hanging a large wall decor for the lady when that play occurred, so I honestly didn’t see that (I just heard TD and asked my GF “let me guess, the TE???”). I did see him adamantly directing/making coverage adjustments on the play that ended with a CJ strip sack, and it was Baker who snuffed out the TE trying to sneak his way into the flat (that was right where Daniel Jones was looking to).

I guess since we disagree here, we cant be friends anymore, and now I’m gonna have to attack all future posts you make, or at least chime in with some passive aggressive remarks from this point forward. Good day sir!! :biglaugh:

She of all people should know no chores during the game WTF? Scold her ;)

:biglaugh:

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Better than the Bears...Vikings/Cousins are inconsistent and will probably come back to reality...I also think the Cards split with Niners and Rams.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I honestly think this. We split with the Rams, 49ers, beat the Bucs, Steelers & Browns. Both the Browns & Steelers are at home. There's 8 wins right there & at the beginning of the season I predicted we could go 8-8 & with a little luck maybe 1 or 2 more. I'm sticking with the 8 wins, definitely doable if they continue getting better each week like they have been.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't blame him for not trying.. I think it's just one of those things that some guys have and others don't. Some corners can never turn their head around for the ball regardless.. that's like Budda out there in coverage. He makes a play every now and then but it's the exception to the rule for him. Imo
He wasn't playing corner though lol, he was playing safety over the top, was standing not even 2 yds behind that TE that caught the TD pass. He just stood there & watched, didn't even try to knock it down or anything. TE was right in front of him, nothing blocking his view. All he needed to do was jump in the air & bat the ball down. I've intercepted way harder passes than that as a DB in High School, that one was easy trust me, yet he didn't even try & he gets paid to try lol.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave