3-3-1

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This scenario was brought up 3 weeks ago after starting out 0-3-1 considering the upcoming schedule, credit to the Cardinals for getting it done. Sloppy weather created a sloppy game. I'm glad the heavier rains waited till later so we could run our offense early. Hell of a game by Chase Edmonds.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All kinds of ugly in that game, to go with all kinds of things to be optimistic about. Heck just winning a 10am kickoff game on the east coast NEVER used to happen, even with some pretty solid Cards teams. Now they've done it twice.

The D has lots of issues but also made some huge plays today, and closed out the game with authority. Monster game by Chandler Jones, who should be DPOW in the NFC. 3-3-1? Amazing.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
A win on the road on the east coast at 10:00AM is always something to be proud of. And, as I have said all along: THE CARDINALS WILL NEVER TRADE PATRICK PETERSON. His addition opened up the pass rush today. Imagine this team with Alford.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great win. Edmonds and Jones are MVPs. Will we face Teddy or Brees next week?
The announcers calling our game mentioned Brees will be back next week. Maybe but that really doesn't make sense because the Saints have a Bye after their game against us next Sunday. The logic that makes the most sense is to rest him against us & bring him back after the bye. 6-7 weeks was the timeframe for him to come back & I believe it's 6 weeks next Sunday.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any road win in the NFL is a great win but I’m worried when we have to start playing legitimate NFL teams again.
We’ve seen Seattle squeak out wins on the road. An undefeated 49ers team won 9-0 today.

We overcame weather, a blocked punt for a td, and a below average game by Kyler. We forced turnovers, had 7 sacks and controlled Barkley.

Nothing to be upset about. Enjoy it today and analyze it tomorrow!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This scenario was brought up 3 weeks ago after starting out 0-3-1 considering the upcoming schedule, credit to the Cardinals for getting it done. Sloppy weather created a sloppy game. I'm glad the heavier rains waited till later so we could run our offense early. Hell of a game by Chase Edmonds.

I'm happy to be here with a new head coach and a rookie quarterback.

It didn't look like it would happen with a rough start to begin the season.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We’ve seen Seattle squeak out wins on the road. An undefeated 49ers team won 9-0 today.

We overcame weather, a blocked punt for a td, and a below average game by Kyler. We forced turnovers, had 7 sacks and controlled Barkley.

Nothing to be upset about. Enjoy it today and analyze it tomorrow!
I'm loving it bro.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm happy to be here with a new head coach and a rookie quarterback.

It didn't look like it would happen with a rough start to begin the season.
It really didn't but I said in my mind "one win at a time" & that's exactly what happened, only way it could've because we can only play one at a time lol. I'll take it.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This team has been much better (for the most part) than the scoreboard would suggest over these last 3 games as well. We have had comfortable leads in all 3 games and as soon as this team learns how to hold a lead they are going to be pretty darn good.
Having a quality CB made a huge difference in holding that lead. Let's face it, the Giants just made a great special teams play for a TD ( which doesn't happen very often) boneheaded play by KM set that up for them, should've just threw it away. Had it not been for those 2 plays we would've had a more comfortable lead most of the game.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A win on the road on the east coast at 10:00AM is always something to be proud of. And, as I have said all along: THE CARDINALS WILL NEVER TRADE PATRICK PETERSON. His addition opened up the pass rush today. Imagine this team with Alford.

I was thinking the same thing, regarding Alford. Hopefully the defense can build on today's game.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Hell yea to this. We need to extend peterson in the off season. Peterson, alford and Murphy could be the best cb trio in the nfl.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Don't know how anyone has to be worried when we have to play good teams. As far as I'm concerned, we're playing with house money. We're not going to make the playoffs this year, in ALL PROBABILITY, but we are moving in the right direction. We're giving the fans an exciting product, even if there are plenty of holes to fill. Hope we'll have DJ and Kirk back next week to help the passing game. Kudos to the OL. They are exceeding everyone's expectations.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson