3-3-1

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All kinds of ugly in that game, to go with all kinds of things to be optimistic about. Heck just winning a 10am kickoff game on the east coast NEVER used to happen, even with some pretty solid Cards teams. Now they've done it twice.

The D has lots of issues but also made some huge plays today, and closed out the game with authority. Monster game by Chandler Jones, who should be DPOW in the NFC. 3-3-1? Amazing.
Major future goal - to not take breaks casually, but instead treat them like "gold." We took the 14 - 0 early lead too lightly and it almost cost us the game. It meant the Giants could afford to give Barclay more touches and make their offense less one-dimensional later in the game.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
so we will draft higher and not again as #1 that is for sure.

An early East Coast win was rare in the last two decades, so anybody should take two in this season as a good start for the future.

So I hope we get a competitive game next week.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The announcers calling our game mentioned Brees will be back next week. Maybe but that really doesn't make sense because the Saints have a Bye after their game against us next Sunday. The logic that makes the most sense is to rest him against us & bring him back after the bye. 6-7 weeks was the timeframe for him to come back & I believe it's 6 weeks next Sunday.
I think if Saints win today they may give Brees another week off.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 wins against subpar teams.

Wins are wins and we need to build on them.

We still make it harder on ourselves with all the dumb plays and penalties that will end up costing us close games to better teams.

Example: KM running out of bounds when we trying to run down the clock.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
3 wins against subpar teams.

Wins are wins and we need to build on them.

We still make it harder on ourselves with all the dumb plays and penalties that will end up costing us close games to better teams.

Example: KM running out of bounds when we trying to run down the clock.
We can only play teams that are on the schedule.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And today this became a real team. Murray didn't have to be the savior. We ran the ball, and made some big ass plays on defense.

Who foresaw a game like this from us before the season started? No one. No way.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This scenario was brought up 3 weeks ago after starting out 0-3-1 considering the upcoming schedule, credit to the Cardinals for getting it done. Sloppy weather created a sloppy game. I'm glad the heavier rains waited till later so we could run our offense early. Hell of a game by Chase Edmonds.

In my wildest dreams, I never thought the team could get to this point. Well done, Cards!

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
Even if the cardinals were to lose out they have already improved off of last years record after 7 games. Yeah I would say that that’s an accomplishment.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I still want the wave of positivity to slow, but wins are wins.

There's a part of me that is is concerned that Keim's gonna get another year running this team on account of wins against losing teams, but my plan is to keep rooting for wins as we get them.

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
Great W for the Cards.....some keep saying we're beating bad teams, but as they used to say on "any given Sunday" the worst team in the NFL can beat the best team. All wins are hard to come by in the NFL. Most NFL players and coaches are always playing to keep their jobs. The better teams that are unprepared for any opponent can be beaten. Given our rookie QB and HC, I'd say we've already exceeded expectations and I'm optimistic about the future of the Cards.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose