Kudos to the OLine

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It really really sucks that we lost Gilbert. This line could’ve been really nasty.
I have been focused on Murray the last 2 games, he is the most improved player so far
Don't say he should be a starter but gained a lot of confidence and looks like a different player

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I have been focused on Murray the last 2 games, he is the most improved player so far
Don't say he should be a starter but gained a lot of confidence and looks like a different player

I think the other Murray has been solid.

Fans tend to underestimate continuity on the offensive line.

Humphries had had his best year yet. Wins most of his assignments, definitely the best available tackle and the Cardinals should resign him to a long term deal. In retrospect, the whole "knee deep" thing should have never been made public.

Pugh is starting to play the way the Cardinals envisioned when they signed him. Last week I saw him take Grady Jarrett and block him 5 yards off the ball on a few plays.

Shipley is the whopping boy for some, but he is the brains of the offensive line.

Sweezy has been a brawler and brings an attitude to the line. He has been exactly what the line needed, a tough guy who fights every snap.

Justin Murray started pretty rough, but he usually wins his battle now.

Kugler has been the key. Excellent coach and KK said in his post game presser, he is the one drawing up the running plays.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
3 years for 15 mil (5mil per year) coming up.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been one of the biggest critics of our offensive line, but it has been steadily improving. KK's playcalling has definitely helped. All of the jet sweep motions are causing a lot of confusion.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's probably a combination of things - but when is the last time we had the same 5 guys playing the first 7 games? Something to be said for continuity and "gelling".
Just wondering - Could the lack of OL injuries be a function of the offensive scheme and type of plays called? (i.e. are the blocking schemes friendlier)?

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Kudos to all of them and the coaches. I trashed them nonstop throughout the off season. They’ve played well as a cohesive unit and Kulger is showing why his reputation is what it is.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
*next week against Cam Jordan.

Cam Jordan, DE, 6'3", 287 pounds.

2019 YTD stats = 26 tackles (eight TFL) and seven sacks, tied for fourth in the NFL.

Just watched his 2018 highlights and holy ****, there is no way a guy that weighs 290 pounds should be that fast. That is freaking scary.

So yeah. Humph's contract game is coming up in about five days.

Show us something DJ!

Reaction score
Cam Jordan, DE, 6'3", 287 pounds.

2019 YTD stats = 26 tackles (eight TFL) and seven sacks, tied for fourth in the NFL.

Just watched his 2018 highlights and holy ****, there is no way a guy that weighs 290 pounds should be that fast. That is freaking scary.

So yeah. Humph's contract game is coming up in about five days.

Show us something DJ!

I'm friends with his aunt. She said he would eat everything in the house when he stayed over as a child.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone heard the DJ Humpries interview, but he does not want to leave the cards, he wants to resign, and claims he has not thought about free agency at all.

I think we are stuck with him - which is ok, but I don't think he will ever be better than average.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone heard the DJ Humpries interview, but he does not want to leave the cards, he wants to resign, and claims he has not thought about free agency at all.

I think we are stuck with him - which is ok, but I don't think he will ever be better than average.

In run blocking he's way better than average, while average in pass blocking for a starter at his position which still has worth if you look at what else is out there... a lot of those Edmonds' runs he makes possible

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
In run blocking he's way better than average, while average in pass blocking for a starter at his position which still has worth if you look at what else is out there... a lot of those Edmonds' runs he makes possible

He's seems pretty physically coordinated for a big guy. Pretty agile, and his footwork seems pretty good (although I'm far from qualified to judge this).

He's just 25 years old, so his best years are still ahead of him. He'll probably get a little better technically with more experience and coaching.

If he stays healthy, and plays at the this same level the rest of the year, It seems really likely we'll resign him. Hopefully not for crazy money.