Rosen back to the bench

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Beat writer that covers the Dolphins

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I’ve done my share of Keim bashing on this board but I have to give him and the rest of the organization credit for realizing they made a mistake with Rosen and trying to move past it as quickly as possible. Having the first overall pick helped but it’s not easy to make that decision.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I’ve done my share of Keim bashing on this board but I have to give him and the rest of the organization credit for realizing they made a mistake with Rosen and trying to move past it as quickly as possible. Having the first overall pick helped but it’s not easy to make that decision.

Agree with you.

I also think Keim is pretty lucky that we hit a soft spot in our schedule. it's keeping the wolves at bay for the moment.

But after the Giants our games are:

New Orleans
San Francisco (home game)
Tampa Bay
San Francisco
Los Angeles (home game)

Holy crap.

0-5 in that stretch is a real possibility. How do you think the mood will be on Hardy drive if that happens? :)

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Agree with you.

I also think Keim is pretty lucky that we hit a soft spot in our schedule. it's keeping the wolves at bay for the moment.

New Orleans
Tampa Bay
San Francisco
Los Angeles (home game)

Holy crap.

0-5 in that stretch is a real possibility. How do you think the mood will be on Hardy drive if that happens? :)
To be fair the team will likely get better as they play more and more games. Getting a soft spot like this early in the schedule could be huge for the overall results for the year.

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
The question is why did you draft Frank Gore in the first place, nephew?

I know you have good genes for intelligence, but you have shamed our entire family. :p
I got him on the waiver wire lol. McCafferey's got a bye week so I need to improvise. Currently have DeVonta Freeman taking his place, but Miami's defense is so piss poor that I'm wondering if I should start Gore instead.

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
Agree with you.

New Orleans
Tampa Bay
San Francisco
Los Angeles (home game)

Holy crap.

I hope we can go 2-3...somehow pull out a win home against SF or LA, and against Tampa.

But yeah, 0-5 is a possibility.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
I hope we can go 2-3...somehow pull out a win home against SF or LA, and against Tampa.

But yeah, 0-5 is a possibility.

0-6 is a possibility. Jones has energized the Giants and given them hope they haven’t had in several years just like Kyler has for us. This could be the first meeting of some incredible post season clashes between Murray and Jones.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I find it astonishing that people can be fans of team like the Cardinals and still utterly fail to curb their enthusiasm.

If there were ever a team in which prudence should dictate trepidation before each and every game this would be that team and yet string two wins in a row and enthusiasm explodes upon us.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I find it astonishing that people can be fans of team like the Cardinals and still utterly fail to curb their enthusiasm.

If there were ever a team in which prudence should dictate trepidation before each and every game this would be that team and yet string two wins in a row and enthusiasm explodes upon us.
It's terrible...and I do it too! I'm telling you this is exactly what it's like being a Cardinals fan!
You must be registered for see images attach

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be shocked if Rosen is with the Dolphins next year, and that would be great for Josh. Josh needs to sign as a back up for a legit NFL team that will groom him to play in 1-3 years. He has plenty of money & is very young. In the right system, he has a chance to be decent. He'll never be a stud, but can have an NFL career.
Patriots way?

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rosen needs to find his way to San Diego.

Another organization on the way down

Actually if I am the Steelers I am calling the Dolphins right now.

Devlin Hodges and Ben Rot comong back. Ben is poison to heir apparent QBs. Ben Don't groom.

Beat writer that covers the Dolphins

Omar Kelly is a moron. Worse than any beat writer in America.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
0-6 is a possibility. Jones has energized the Giants and given them hope they haven’t had in several years just like Kyler has for us. This could be the first meeting of some incredible post season clashes between Murray and Jones.

Jones has done ok and yeah people were sick of Eli Manning that was obvious. But Jones is 2-2 as a starter beating Tampa Bay and Washington and getting pounded by Minnesota and the Pats. So beat the bad teams, destroyed by the good teams, about what you'd expect from a rookie. Manning was 0-2 losing to Dallas and Buffalo and Buffalo so far is MUCH better than people expected. Manning had a higher completion %, lower INT rate, lower sack rate and a higher passer rating but a lower QBR because he can't run. Eli Manning is the past, Daniel Jones is the future but it's too early to be sure as MMQB said is Jones actually any good, or just better than Eli Manning(or the corpse of Eli as people say these days)? I think he has a chance to be pretty good and he played lots in college and getting Barkley back should really help him out.

He does have talent and he'll probably do well against us although I'm hoping PP makes a difference. My fear is our run defense is not good and with Barkley back we'll be so concerned about him we'll give up big plays in the pass game.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jones has done ok and yeah people were sick of Eli Manning that was obvious. But Jones is 2-2 as a starter beating Tampa Bay and Washington and getting pounded by Minnesota and the Pats. So beat the bad teams, destroyed by the good teams, about what you'd expect from a rookie. Manning was 0-2 losing to Dallas and Buffalo and Buffalo so far is MUCH better than people expected. Manning had a higher completion %, lower INT rate, lower sack rate and a higher passer rating but a lower QBR because he can't run. Eli Manning is the past, Daniel Jones is the future but it's too early to be sure as MMQB said is Jones actually any good, or just better than Eli Manning(or the corpse of Eli as people say these days)? I think he has a chance to be pretty good and he played lots in college and getting Barkley back should really help him out.

He does have talent and he'll probably do well against us although I'm hoping PP makes a difference. My fear is our run defense is not good and with Barkley back we'll be so concerned about him we'll give up big plays in the pass game.

Jones is 2-2, but should be 1-3. TB missed like a 30 yd FG at the end to blow that one. I'm far more concerned about Barkley. If he's even close to 80%, then we have no answer for him. That will force us to cheat up against the run, & their TE will run free all day. Let's only hope that our offense can put up 35 points. I have a feeling we'll need all of that & maybe more. Peterson's return will motivate the D, but Barkley is just a monster.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Amen to this.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Another organization on the way down

Devlin Hodges and Ben Rot comong back. Ben is poison to heir apparent QBs. Ben Don't groom.

Omar Kelly is a moron. Worse than any beat writer in America.

I don't know. After awhile, the excuses will run out on JR. Good to great QBs still show SOMETHING when they play with bad teams.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Jones is 2-2, but should be 1-3. TB missed like a 30 yd FG at the end to blow that one. I'm far more concerned about Barkley. If he's even close to 80%, then we have no answer for him. That will force us to cheat up against the run, & their TE will run free all day. Let's only hope that our offense can put up 35 points. I have a feeling we'll need all of that & maybe more. Peterson's return will motivate the D, but Barkley is just a monster.

I don’t think Jones has played with Saquon yet. Imagine how our offense would look without DJ who leads the team in rushing yards, rushing TD’s, receiving TD’s and yards from scrimmage. I’m worried this will get ugly for our defense on an early start kickoff.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
One thing in this is while Miami sucks and I think Flores is probably in over his head, Josh is actually in a decent situation in one regard Ryan Fitzpatrick. i've read a couple of articles today and that dude is one hell of a good guy. he's incredibly intelligent and he's been around and he has a nice perspective. His comments were interesting, i wasn't a high pick with the weight of the world on me early, but I was a starter with the weight of the world on me at other points. I have been a surprise player, and I've been the starter who loses the job. He said when I watch Josh I see a kid with more talent than I have, and maybe I can help him with some insights and comments here and there on things I see.

Good to hear stuff like that the NFL is so competitive but it's nice to see that Fitzpatrick is actually willing to try and help Josh out.

DYK he went to Harvard?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DYK he went to Harvard?

Yeah. He has the highest Wonderlic score by a QB in NFL history. They used to say he finished in 9 minutes and scored a perfect 50 but he says it's not true, he left 1 question blank(not sure why) so apparently his highest possible score was 49 and the claim is he got a 48 but he won't confirm or deny it.

I've seen him talk before the guy is a freaking genius. It's another example of the difference between smart and smart player, he makes some decisions and mistakes in football that are mind boggling, but he's extremely smart.

From what I've read he and Josh are actually becoming good friends, his mentality is Josh is 22 and has the tools to be an NFL QB he just needs someone to help him get there and might as well be me.

It's refreshing, I'm a big Aaron Rodgers fan remember all the Favre wouldn't help Rodgers he was a bad role model stuff, now people say Rodgers is almost as bad with young QB's with the Packers! A guy like Fitzpatrick is refreshing, he doesn't see Josh as a kid trying to take my job.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I find it astonishing for the complete opposite reason... How are you a fan of this team and NOT get excited for back to back wins? Lol. :)

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Umm read around...there is like 2 positive threads out of 82. And yeah considering we have the possibility to be 3-3-1 is exciting. Its my team should i be miserable? Horrible take imo...go cards

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose