Arizona Cardinals @ NY Giants Pregame thread. 10/14/19-10/19/19

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m honestly less confident about the game than I was against Atlanta.

Giants have a sneaky good IDL.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Note that technically Robert Alford can start practicing starting today to play game 8. Don't know where his rehab is.

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk
Calvisi said on 98.7 that he's off crutches but walking with a noticeable limp. Was on the sidelines yesterday. Not sure if that was a new thing or not

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
IMO, this is the game where the Cards get the doors blown off...unfortunately. I wish it wasn't...I do think Murray will perform okay on the road again, though. I just see this defense getting housed by Barkley and Engram.

Oh, and You Bettcha will be scheming something special for payback.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
IMO, this is the game where the Cards get the doors blown off...unfortunately. I wish it wasn't...I do think Murray will perform okay on the road again, though. I just see this defense getting housed by Barkley and Engram.

Oh, and You Bettcha will be scheming something special for payback.
Man I really don't want to hear about "Danny Dimes" all week on tv.

I actually think this is the kind of game Kyler could run for close to 80 yards again. Thats a fast surface. Problem is Jones can run a bit as well.

I still think we can put up points. Seemed to find a rhythm in the redzone.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m honestly less confident about the game than I was against Atlanta.

Giants have a sneaky good IDL.
Yea I forgot about Lawrence..He's really good. Just gotta hope Pugh/Sweezy/Shipley can hold up.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Giant games are full of nostalgia.

There was no DirecTV back in the day, and Cardinal news was practically invisible.

You got your Card news by lurking in front of the ESPN crawl on the TV screen. Most NFL news centered around Phil Simms, LT, Banks, Robustelli, Rosie Grier, Spider Lockerhart, Dick Lynch etc.

We had Giants season tickets off and on. We had end zone seats, last row...I remember the "Goodbye Allie" chants and the helicopter banner urging the Maras to fire him.

Saw the Giants at Yankee Stadium, Yale Bowl and Meadowlands. Universal hatred was for the Cowboys...Saw the Colts vs. Giants "greatest game ever played" (Bro got tix waiting on line all night on line at Davega promotion). Cards were always felt to be the lame, weak little brother to the Giants (aka the "real" NFL football team).

There's more, but I'm too wrapped up watching the hockey Devils blow a 4-point lead.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Giants have been very poor on defense (pretty similar to as bad as our defense) this year and we have the better offense. They will have the advantage of more prep time and playing at home. Should be a close game that comes down to the wire.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kirk should be back, yes.

The Giants held up decently vs New England considering their injuries. I expect a tough game.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Giants have been very poor on defense (pretty similar to as bad as our defense) this year and we have the better offense. They will have the advantage of more prep time and playing at home. Should be a close game that comes down to the wire.

Dang, that's the second opponent so far this season who has had the extra few days to prepare (Carolina being the first)

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PP21's return should inspire the Cardinals D to play better than they have. I also think Murray will crave the opportunity of going to a stage like NY/NJ & competing against a guy like Jones. East coast early games are never easy, so we can't turn the ball over. Giants D seems to be getting better every week, so this will definitely be a battle.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave