Cord Cutters

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I tried sling but I was out of market for Fox Sports Arizona, quickly canceled.
So I'm trying youtube tv, I'm getting Fox Sports Arizona, and Fox Sports plus from them.....so far everything is a go.:clapping:
It that the $40 package?

AZ Native

Reaction score
You’ll need to get yourself either the Fire Stick or Fire TV for Amazon and plug it in to an HDMI port on your TV in order to get Prime Video.

Can’t help you with DirecTV. I stream through DirectNow. $40 bucks a month, no NFL package though.
Do you get Fox Sports AZ with that package?

AZ Native

Reaction score
Just to let the board know... If anyone needs help setting up Fire TV, I'm your guy. It's a snap!

:D

Thanks again!
That's funny because I hooked mine up and it didn't work. Come to find out the electrical outlet was bad. I replaced the outlet and plugged it in and
You must be registered for see images attach
it worked!

Last edited:

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I’ve been streaming since it first started and I’ve never had a streaming device that worked as well as the Firetv cube. It’s supposed to steam I’m 4K. I only have an hdtv. It’s got a really fast processor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're the only good review I heard from using the cube.

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was in the same boat. I signed up for DTV through Costco a few years ago to get their smokin deal. Last year my contract was up so I called to cancel and they offered me $50 off per month for 1 year and free NFL ticket so I renewed another year. This year I called asking for the same deal and they only offered $50 off per month and $16 off per month for NFL ticket so I cancelled.

I bought an amazon fire tv for $40 and signed up for playstation vue choosing the $50/mo option. I get all the channels I watched on DTV except for the history channel. I added Redzone for another $10, which is the only channel on NFL ticket that I wanted. When GOT comes back I'll add hbo for another $15.

So far so good. I'm sure I'll run into hickups along the way, but I'll figure them out as I go. The dvr system is awesome. Record as much as you want and it stays on the cloud for 28 days.

I'm sure I'm not any more skilled than you when it comes to this stuff and I was easily able to get the fire stick up and running. My wife has prime and it automatically links up when you hook up the stick.

How are you enjoying Playstation Vue?

I've looked at the channel line up and I think I can get by with Core ($50) and Redzone also. The only local I don't see that I sometimes watch is Channel 3. I'm in the middle of a two year contract with DirecTV so I won't cancel until after football season, but Playstation Vue looks appealing to me because I can get Redzone and locals as well as the other channels I watch.

One more question: on Sony's website, it lists Channel 12 as "12 News". Can you confirm it's the real channel 12 (NBC) or is does it only show news?

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I do Core + HBO (thinking about canceling ($15/mo)) + sports pack ($10/mo). Sports pack includes red zone, which is perfect because I like to watch that 10am-1pm and then the cards typically in the afternoon. With DTV I was forced to pay for the full sunday ticket to get red zone and I don't want to watch entire games if the cards aren't playing. Sports pack also includes some fringe sports like triathlon and the outdoor channel, so I love it.

Make sure you have a good internet plan with cox. I came close to maxing out my bandwidth a few times.

I miss history channel, but that's about it. My wife misses channel 3 news and my daughter had to give up Nickelodeon I think. Other than that, we get all the channels we used to watch.

The DVR blows away DTV. That's all I really use. Anything you want to watch, just set to record. No limits except it's only available for 28 days (unless it's on demand).

I don't really watch network tv, but I think channel 12 is the normal channel. I'll take a look though next time I'm watching tv.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do Core + HBO (thinking about canceling ($15/mo)) + sports pack ($10/mo). Sports pack includes red zone, which is perfect because I like to watch that 10am-1pm and then the cards typically in the afternoon. With DTV I was forced to pay for the full sunday ticket to get red zone and I don't want to watch entire games if the cards aren't playing. Sports pack also includes some fringe sports like triathlon and the outdoor channel, so I love it.

Make sure you have a good internet plan with cox. I came close to maxing out my bandwidth a few times.

I miss history channel, but that's about it. My wife misses channel 3 news and my daughter had to give up Nickelodeon I think. Other than that, we get all the channels we used to watch.

The DVR blows away DTV. That's all I really use. Anything you want to watch, just set to record. No limits except it's only available for 28 days (unless it's on demand).

I don't really watch network tv, but I think channel 12 is the normal channel. I'll take a look though next time I'm watching tv.
Have you tried rabbit ears for channel 3 news?

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I strongly recommend LocalBTV (https://www.localbtv.com/). You can watch online or on a device. It gets all the local channels live for free and you can record, as well (including Channel 3 News).

It's not like those old crappy apps that had popups, terrible service, and a tiny selection of channels. It's really just like turning on a tv with an antenna.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I strongly recommend LocalBTV (https://www.localbtv.com/). You can watch online or on a device. It gets all the local channels live for free and you can record, as well (including Channel 3 News).

It's not like those old crappy apps that had popups, terrible service, and a tiny selection of channels. It's really just like turning on a tv with an antenna.
Interesting. The website is blocked here at work but I did get to the Wiki page. Are you stating that if I registered for this service, I could have it DVR the cardinals game for me and just watch it when I get home? Free of charge?

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. The website is blocked here at work but I did get to the Wiki page. Are you stating that if I registered for this service, I could have it DVR the cardinals game for me and just watch it when I get home? Free of charge?
I'm not seeing the main stations like Fox, CBS, NBC or ABC listed at all on localbtv.com so I don't see how it'll work for football.

Their FAQ does say that they expect to have major networks available in the future, but it gives no ETA & may have said that for months or years :)

Last edited:

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I'm not seeing the main stations like Fox, CBS, NBC or ABC listed at all on localbtv.com so I don't see how it'll work for football.

Their FAQ does say that they expect to have major networks available in the future, but it gives no ETA & may have said that for months or years :)

I think they’ve been focused on the app and neglecting the site. The local channels should be a big selling point.

They’re all there, though. Here’s Channel 12 right now.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

Looks like you can!

Yes, this whole thing is free. It’s basically just rerouting stuff from over the air through the internet. Seems like broadcasters would want the extra eyeballs.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That's weird, I don't see those channels using their web app... are you using the the web app or one of the other ones like FireTV?

Last edited:

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just set it up on my FireTV & I'm getting the same limited channels without the major networks.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
That's weird, I don't see those channels using their web app... are you using the the web app or one of the other ones like FireTV?

Hmm. I’m using the iPhone app now, but just started using the web app yesterday.

If it doesn’t work for you, let me know.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hmm. I’m using the iPhone app now, but just started using the web app yesterday.

If it doesn’t work for you, let me know.
I used the "Contact Us" page to ask them why I'm not seeing the major networks. I tried it from the android phone app too & it's the same thing so it must be something with the account I created.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I used the "Contact Us" page to ask them why I'm not seeing the major networks. I tried it from the android phone app too & it's the same thing so it must be something with the account I created.

Hmm. It might be my account, actually.

I think I might have extra channels because I was an early adopter and/or filled out a survey for them. I’ll check on that and if there’s a way to upgrade you, I’ll let you know.

Sorry about that! But I do think you’ll really like it when it’s fully released.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hmm. It might be my account, actually.

I think I might have extra channels because I was an early adopter and/or filled out a survey for them. I’ll check on that and if there’s a way to upgrade you, I’ll let you know.

Sorry about that! But I do think you’ll really like it when it’s fully released.

VERY interested in what comes of this. keep us posted. Ive long needed a DVR solution for cardinal games. I will likely still work my life around being home and able to watch on sundays but being able to turn off my phone to avoid alerts, get home late on sunday, tune into the game and watch it would be a very freeing experience for certain circumstances.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a VPN might be an option to get local channels for those living outside the Phoenix area.

Phoenix probably has a lot of VPN locations.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose