Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Episode IX) (2019)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking dream sequence like Luke had on Dagobah, maybe?

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured it might be some kind of "vision" or something. Luke went through something similar in the cave in Empire.

Ha! Exactly! We must have been thinking the exact same thing! I went and looked up how to spell Dagobah. :)

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clone of Rey? Also, the face was obviously CGI of Rey. Which seems odd. Why have a CGI face of Rey when it could actually be her in that scene? Maybe that was early FX and it's the impact of the reflections of the saber.

Something doesn't add up. It can't be that simple that Rey turns dark.

I think this adds to the theory that Rey is a genetic experiment from Skywalker DNA. Remember that scene from the last movie where there were several iterations of herself and she was snapping her fingers?

What if that iteration of Rey is one of many? In other words, the Emperor knowing how powerful the Skywalker line is created many Rey's. Created an army of her to be trained and unleashed on the Galaxy when the time was right.

The Rise of Skywalker title makes soooo much sense if that is the case. The genetic decedents of the Skywalker line cloned and brought up on the dark side.

If that is the case? Holy @#$@#$@#. That is way more powerful than any "Death Star".

Someone on the inside could have stolen one of the many clones knowing that they might need her someday to fight back. Hence...how she ended up on Jakku.

I hadn't thought that Rey (Reys) were a clone using Skywalker DNA (and then the question is, are we talking Luke...or Anakin?). My thought was that Rey and Dark Rey are either descendants or clones of Palpy. Maybe good Rey was the first and was spirited away so she wouldn't be used for evil purposes but of course there's another, Dark Rey now.

In the comics, Palpy actually had the ability to keep his soul or Force body or whatever alive long enough to move to and inhabit a cloned version of himself. That's why he had clones stashed all over the galaxy. I know all the comics and books were de-canonized but I can't help wonder if they are using the idea anyway.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What made it awesome?

At the D23 Expo you got to see all of the new stuff that is coming out for the first time. So much cool stuff and here is a little taste of some of the new stuff:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/disney-star-wars-epcot-d23/index.html

The new Star Wars themed Hotel was what blew my mind:

You must be registered for see images attach

Visitors to Disney's "Star Wars"-themed land in Orlando can stay immersed in a galaxy far, far away by spending two nights in a themed hotel that will be called "Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser."

Details about the project were part of a two-hour presentation on Disney Parks & Experiences at the company's D23 Expo, which included updates on a Spider-Man ride, a Moana attraction and an overhaul of the Epcot theme park

In the Star Wars hotel concept, guests will board the Halcyon, a "legendary ship with an unparalleled level of service," according to Ann Morrow Johnson, Creative Director at Walt Disney Imagineering.

Resembling the experience of taking a cruise, all guests will arrive and return at the same location, checking-in at a terminal at Walt Disney World and then take a simulated launch-pod into space to board the starcruiser.

Once there, visitors interact with an alien crew, learn about the ship's navigation and defense systems and train with a lightsaber. They'll also enjoy a "port day" at Batuu, the fictional planet of Disney's "Galaxy's Edge" land opening at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Orlando this week. (Disneyland's "Star Wars" land is already open.)

Disney has emphasized the interactivity of the new "Star Wars" land, and the hotel extends that idea. The choices made on the Halcyon "affect how your 'Star Wars' story unfolds," Johnson said.

Many details about the hotel have yet to be announced: Disney did not reveal when it would open, how many rooms it will have or its galactic prices. The company did note that every room will have a stellar view -- a digital screen that looks out into the cosmos).

Disneyland's new "Galaxy's Edge" is an awesome addition to the Magic Kingdom theme park. It's a must see for Star Wars fans IMO. My daughter paid ($200) to do the build your own light saber experience and it was unbelievable. Most realistic light saber I've ever seen and the experience was pretty amazing. My son built his own Driod ($100) at the Droid Factory and that was awesome as well, albeit EXPENSIVE for both but worth it IMO. The new ride was pretty cool as well and the whole feel of everything was Star Wars down to the smallest detail.

My 13 year old boy building his droid which he named R6-D9. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the D23 Expo you got to see all of the new stuff that is coming out for the first time. So much cool stuff and here is a little taste of some of the new stuff:

Disneyland's new "Galaxy's Edge" is an awesome addition to the Magic Kingdom theme park. It's a must see for Star Wars fans IMO. My daughter paid ($200) to do the build your own light saber experience and it was unbelievable. Most realistic light saber I've ever seen and the experience was pretty amazing. My son built his own Driod ($100) at the Droid Factory and that was awesome as well, albeit EXPENSIVE for both but worth it IMO. The new ride was pretty cool as well and the whole feel of everything was Star Wars down to the smallest detail.

That looks like so much fun!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We are going in December. Just going to miss the opening of the second ride but we will probably hop over on a weekend when that opens.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I was wondering if, when the ramp-up for this movie started, I'd get tempted into interest to see it. I don't even have a desire to watch the trailer for it, let alone watch the movie. That's how much damage the last one did to the franchise for me. Horrific. I've said before, when you make me laugh in mockery because you turned Star Wars into a Spaceballs reference, you've done the worst you can do. All I can say about the last movie is "when's it going to be 'now' now? Soon!"

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Just did galaxies edge yesterday. Millenium falcon pretty epic (as was the line). Special note - wait to be a pilot. Don’t be a gunner. Gunner sucks and you miss half of everything turning to find buttons.

And yeah our 8 and 9 year old boys got droids. They won’t stop talking to each other now. I’m traveling and they can’t remember how to turn them off. Lol!!!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if, when the ramp-up for this movie started, I'd get tempted into interest to see it. I don't even have a desire to watch the trailer for it, let alone watch the movie. That's how much damage the last one did to the franchise for me. Horrific. I've said before, when you make me laugh in mockery because you turned Star Wars into a Spaceballs reference, you've done the worst you can do. All I can say about the last movie is "when's it going to be 'now' now? Soon!"

Thanks for the update! :D

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just did galaxies edge yesterday. Millenium falcon pretty epic (as was the line). Special note - wait to be a pilot. Don’t be a gunner. Gunner sucks and you miss half of everything turning to find buttons.

And yeah our 8 and 9 year old boys got droids. They won’t stop talking to each other now. I’m traveling and they can’t remember how to turn them off. Lol!!!

Yes Pilot was the best. My son wanted to be a gunner so I traded with him for the pilot. He was pissed when the Pilot ended up being the best spot on the ride.

Little switch on the bottom of the droid if it is a R series turns it off. Not sure about the BB series droid.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes Pilot was the best. My son wanted to be a gunner so I traded with him for the pilot. He was pissed when the Pilot ended up being the best spot on the ride.

Little switch on the bottom of the droid if it is a R series turns it off. Not sure about the BB series droid.
I knew this . . . ;)

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

So this was a Disneyland, and not world?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So this was a Disneyland, and not world?

D23 Expo was near Disneyland and showed all of the new stuff coming to all of the Disney theme parks around the world. We then spent a day at Disneyland.

The Star Wars themed hotel will be at Disney World.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been to both. Disneyland and California Adventure > Disneyworld.

All the great rides are in two parks and you can do it in a day if you want walking back and forth rather than a week like Disneyworld.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you going to World or Land? Have you been to both? Which one do you like the best?

Going to Disney World in a couple of weeks. My wife's family is located in Orlando so we usually go at least once or twice a year and always hit Disney.

I've been to Disneyland over 100 times and Disney World over 100 times and Disneyland Paris twice.

Disney World is the Best IMO. If you know what you at doing you can avoid the crowds better at Disney World. I've done all 4 parks in a day while hitting all of the major rides in each park. Although that was 15 years ago and they have added a ton more rides since then. Typically we do 2 parks a day at Disney World.

I'm curious to see how different Star Wars feels at Disney World compared to the one at Disneyland. For some reason the rides at Disneyland tend to be better than the ones recreated at Disney World.

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Clone of Rey? Also, the face was obviously CGI of Rey. Which seems odd. Why have a CGI face of Rey when it could actually be her in that scene? Maybe that was early FX and it's the impact of the reflections of the saber.

Something doesn't add up. It can't be that simple that Rey turns dark.

I think this adds to the theory that Rey is a genetic experiment from Skywalker DNA. Remember that scene from the last movie where there were several iterations of herself and she was snapping her fingers?

What if that iteration of Rey is one of many? In other words, the Emperor knowing how powerful the Skywalker line is created many Rey's. Created an army of her to be trained and unleashed on the Galaxy when the time was right.

The Rise of Skywalker title makes soooo much sense if that is the case. The genetic decedents of the Skywalker line cloned and brought up on the dark side.

If that is the case? Holy @#$@#$@#. That is way more powerful than any "Death Star".

Someone on the inside could have stolen one of the many clones knowing that they might need her someday to fight back. Hence...how she ended up on Jakku.
While I like where you are going with this and would totally work, there is no way in hell Disney will have one of their princesses be on the dark side that would probably have to be hunted down and killed, or showing her kill younglings or similar.

If George Lucas were still there calling the shots and not Disney, then definitely.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I like where you are going with this and would totally work, there is no way in hell Disney will have one of their princesses be on the dark side that would probably have to be hunted down and killed, or showing her kill younglings or similar.

If George Lucas were still there calling the shots and not Disney, then definitely.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

True but technically their "princess" is still the Rey we know. I think the dark version in that trailer is misleading the audience. I think it's a dark clone of Rey. Also, keep in mind that George himself has been consulting for this last movie.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final trailer will be played during Monday night football!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose