Cardinals at Ravens gameday thread 9-15-19

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it complaining, or is it just offering a counter to people who are saying he is playing so good despite bad playcalling?

Do it without using a derogatory nickname or calling him a little b*tch or equating him to a character that was the bottom of the barrel, butt of all jokes, laughingstock character of a sometimes hilarious but ultimately lame movie and perhaps your words will be taken at face value. And it just seems so out of character for you, a lot of us have relied on and enjoyed your analysis in the past.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I guess you can now take my movie taste into question as well...

"The NBA moved the Jazz to Utah, where they don't allow music"...lol, still funny.
Those guys were brilliant with South Park. They blew it when they believed they could act. Even a little.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I certainly get the nuances I just want to win every game. You should too...even though we know that simply won't happen. That's ok though. For now be happy with your moral victories, at least those look good in the standings on nfl.com.
I do want to win every game. But I don’t expect it. Not after being the worst team in the league. So in what I considered a “lost” season going in I’m happy to find and enjoy smaller victories within the game. If it’s win or nothing for you I don’t know why you watch this year. I mean, you should know you’re going to be disappointed more often (likely much more often) than not, right?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I worked OT all morning And missed the game obviously. Worth watching it or should I just delete the recording?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do it without using a derogatory nickname or calling him a little b*tch or equating him to a character that was the bottom of the barrel, butt of all jokes, laughingstock character of a sometimes hilarious but ultimately lame movie and perhaps your words will be taken at face value. And it just seems so out of character for you, a lot of us have relied on and enjoyed your analysis in the past.

Pretty much

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do want to win every game. But I don’t expect it. Not after being the worst team in the league. So in what I considered a “lost” season going in I’m happy to find and enjoy smaller victories within the game. If it’s win or nothing for you I don’t know why you watch this year. I mean, you should know you’re going to be disappointed more often (likely much more often) than not, right?

Right now we are experiencing what we were supposed to get last year as far as competitive games instead of the total crap fest.

Everyone said at the start of the season just making this team competitive was a monumental thing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Is it complaining, or is it just offering a counter to people who are saying he is playing so good despite bad playcalling?
I don’t think I see anyone saying “he is playing so good.” I think people are encouraged by what they’ve seen thus far. I think you’re kinda swinging at ghosts.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A lot of people had some strong opinions about drafting Murray for a variety of reasons. These strong opinions will continue for a long time.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of people had some strong opinions about drafting Murray for a variety of reasons. These strong opinions will continue for a long time.

Yeah, I know that. While I've mostly just lurked here the past several years, I was very much one of the anti-Murray fans. I thought it was the worst decision we've made since we hired McGinnis. AFAIC I've been proven wrong. He has a long way to go but I've seen enough now to believe he's going to be special for us, eventually. If he survives our O Line.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score

I believe this to be true. He came off as very punkish during the Dan Patrick interview.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don’t think I see anyone saying “he is playing so good.” I think people are encouraged by what they’ve seen thus far. I think you’re kinda swinging at ghosts.
"Murray, IMO, is a stud, made some amazing throws under pressure today."

That is just one quote from this thread.

You read about how it is the line's fault.

It is the play calling's fault.

It is the ref's fault.

Ok, they all may share some of the blame, but it is also partly the blame of our rookie QB. The generational talent whose lack of starting experience, lack of size, and lack of overcoming adversity was all irrelevant when called into question pre and post draft. And yet here we are...our rookie QB looking inexperienced, looking small, and not being able to overcome adversity to get wins. Could it be that he is not the perfect prospect that was touted, and that so far, the only thing that has looked more than average has been his accuracy?

Where I get chaffed is when all of the folks who touted him as a transcendent QB talent in the draft now walk it back saying that "he is just a rookie" and that "it is only his second start".

Is he better than what we had? Yes. Do I expect him to get better? Yes. Does that make his level of play right now good? No. It is average at best.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
"Murray, IMO, is a stud, made some amazing throws under pressure today."

That is just one quote from this thread.

You read about how it is the line's fault.

It is the play calling's fault.

It is the ref's fault.

Ok, they all may share some of the blame, but it is also partly the blame of our rookie QB. The generational talent whose lack of starting experience, lack of size, and lack of overcoming adversity was all irrelevant when called into question pre and post draft. And yet here we are...our rookie QB looking inexperienced, looking small, and not being able to overcome adversity to get wins. Could it be that he is not the perfect prospect that was touted, and that so far, the only thing that has looked more than average has been his accuracy?

Where I get chaffed is when all of the folks who touted him as a transcendent QB talent in the draft now walk it back saying that "he is just a rookie" and that "it is only his second start".

Is he better than what we had? Yes. Do I expect him to get better? Yes. Does that make his level of play right now good? No. It is average at best.
Dude has 700 yards in his first two games, 2 TDs, 1 int, and 2 2 point conversions. What the heck do you want?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson