Do The Patriots Need A Center?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With David Andrews' health problems, are the Patriots looking for a center? And since we have two guys fighting for the starting spot, would anyone be in favor of a trade? As you know we also have a rookie center and just signed another "guy" very late in camp.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With David Andrews' health problems, are the Patriots looking for a center? And since we have two guys fighting for the starting spot, would anyone be in favor of a trade? As you know we also have a rookie center and just signed another "guy" very late in camp.
We'd be taking a tactical risk of ridding ourselves of presumably surplus players at a position-group where we're traditionally thin.

To put it another way - you can bet that, as soon as we trade a guard or center, the injury bug will come down & shred us depth-wise on the OL.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Patriots have a ton of CBs and the Cardinals are in need of a CB with PP and Alford missing significant time.

Duke Dawson and Keion Crossen are two CBs currently battling it out for a spot on the Patriots roster. I think the Cardinals will snag one of them if either of them is released during the cut to 53. Unless they decide to keep 7 CBs on the roster.

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
We'd be taking a tactical risk of ridding ourselves of presumably surplus players at a position-group where we're traditionally thin.

To put it another way - you can bet that, as soon as we trade a guard or center, the injury bug will come down & shred us depth-wise on the OL.
This.

And I don't see how this will help us long term knowing one of our 2 guards will miss time at some point. Probably Pugh.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the Cardinals can trade something else. The Chandler Jones trade turned out well.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Terrible idea...

...which means it is on Keim's radar big time.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Idk, but I have a hunch that Cole is going to be playing as a guard. If he does not win the starting center position.
Pugh will get hurt, we can count on that. Cole will be playing LG by game 4. Sweezy isn't as injury proned so.....Cole could possibly play RG as well.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Idk, but I have a hunch that Cole is going to be playing as a guard. If he does not win the starting center position.
I believe they want Shipley at center because he can't play guard, Cole can do both so he will hold more value by being a backup, can give some rest snaps for the other two guards as well. We have the rookie from Georgia that has looked good in the preseason at center also in an emergency situation.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel like they’ll give the job to Shipley, in part because Pugh will he hurt within the first month.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Cole was a bright spot on the team last year. A future perennial starter for the franchise (either this year or next)

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen