Crabtree signed

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Let's look at his stats. Crabtree caught 60% of his targets in his career. Of his 633 career catches 60% were first down catches. He is #47 in career drop rate among WRs with at least 300 catches with a rate of 5.82% Edelman is just ahead of him with a drop rate of 5.62% He's a decent #3 or #4 option. It does seem that he is a pretty reliable third down option. I'm not jumping up and down over this signing but I am also not poo pooing it either. Looking at who's left out there as a FA, Crabtree isn't such a bad signing.

Well I guess all this doesn't matter now since I see he couldn't agree to a contract.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
He knows the system, so you wait until after week 1, so salary isn't guaranteed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I was talking about the comment that said 8 pages of a signing that didn't happen and to wait for the threads after the 1st game micro analyzing every snap.....had nothing to do with Crabtree lol

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
The only thing that would have made this better is if it happened on a Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hopefully he’ll end up as a signature Keim Time signing. I don’t think he has much in the tank, but Inthink he couldn’t have been a 1,000 yard receiver last year if his qb wasn’t Lamar Jackson.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...e-hires-kliff-kingburys-agent-gets-deal-done/

According to NFLPA records, Crabtree parted ways with Doug Hendrickson and hired Erik Burkhardt in the time since Crabtree visited Arizona. Given the mandatory five-day waiting period that applies when a player disengages with one agent, the wheels surely were put in motion not long after Crabtree landed on Arizona’s radar, worked out for the team along with two other receivers, emerged as the winner of the workout, but declined to accept the terms offered by the Cardinals.

The Cardinals originally offered a one-year deal with a base salary of $2.5 million plus up to $2 million in incentives. Crabtree balked, given the contracts signed this year by comparable players.

However things unfolded after that, it necessarily became much easier to establish an acceptable middle ground when the guy hired to represent Crabtree’s interests also represents the interests of the coach who wants to sign him.