The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And could play a little bit of PG. One of the forgotten tidbits about losing him then going 3-4 without a legit guy to run things when Nash was out.

7x all star borderline hall of gamer smh and we couldn’t make it work smh

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Korver signed with the Bucks. So people can relax some about him going to the Lakers. I didn't see it a lot here but I know some claimed this was another way of James Jones helping Lebron, which I call BS on. The Chandler move can be spun that way but so many old vets are bought out after trades now that it was unlikely Korver was ever going to play here, especially with how his salary was structured with a large portion not guaranteed so waiving him got us under the cap.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Korver signed with the Bucks. So people can relax some about him going to the Lakers. I didn't see it a lot here but I know some claimed this was another way of James Jones helping Lebron, which I call BS on. The Chandler move can be spun that way but so many old vets are bought out after trades now that it was unlikely Korver was ever going to play here, especially with how his salary was structured with a large portion not guaranteed so waiving him got us under the cap.

This isn’t directed at you HH, but come the heck on with that noise. The Lakers didn’t even make the playoffs last year, so how much did Chandler move really help the Lakers?

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Korver is washed up. He couldn’t help the Jazz last year in the playoffs when they needed him. On a side note, I don’t get the Laker obsession on this board.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Korver is washed up. He couldn’t help the Jazz last year in the playoffs when they needed him. On a side note, I don’t get the Laker obsession on this board.
Really? You don't get that? You must not have been a Suns fan very long. Why do you think Red Sox fans are obsessed with the Yankees,?

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This isn’t directed at you HH, but come the heck on with that noise. The Lakers didn’t even make the playoffs last year, so how much did Chandler move really help the Lakers?

What bugged me wasn't letting him go to the Lakers, it was letting a 15 million dollar expiring deal go for nothing. Teams were giving up first round picks for that kind of cap space just a few months later.

I like Jones' idea of team building but that was another example of bad asset management. Even if we were weary of taking on money, nothing would have hurt waiting to see what became available.

For example, we could have been the ones to fleece the Lakers in that stupid Zubac trade instead of the Clips. Which would have been doubly pleasing as it would have allowed us the joy of kicking Beasley out of the league again.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can agree that Jones mishandled the Chandler situation because he should have been traded later or cut before the season, if that's what they planned on doing. Apparently there was no trade to be made throughout the offseason and Jones was looking to cut Chandler to help clear the way for Holmes, which was a good move, and also earn the Suns some much needed goodwill amongst players around the league. I would have liked for them to wait longer, at least until the December 15th deadline to see if he could be moved for someone then since it was starting to become clear we'd be trading Ariza as soon as that date came around.

Tyson was all but done though and I'm shocked he didn't retire this offseason. He contributes next to nothing, perhaps worse than nothing at this stage, so I don't see the line being long for him in a trade but we don't know what was available. It was clear that playing him here wasn't working so clearing the way for Holmes and letting Chandler go to find a place he could actually play wasn't a bad decision at the time. Had he signed elsewhere, I doubt we'd still be talking about it. Actually if news that Lebron was calling for the Lakers to add a big didn't come out at the same time we waived Chandler, I don't think it'd be discussed still. Chandler had about as much value as Ryan Anderson when he was cut and we know Anderson had no real value. Jones moving him for Tyler was viewed as turning nothing into something and a good move by the majority of fans because Anderson sucked, very badly.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those who might wonder why Devin Booker's name hasn't been mentioned for Team USA.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
For those who might wonder why Devin Booker's name hasn't been mentioned for Team USA.

Not too surprising as he had a injury hampered year last year. He really wants to turn things around with the team this year and having a healthy Booker out of the gates will help a lot in that regard.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not too surprising as he had a injury hampered year last year. He really wants to turn things around with the team this year and having a healthy Booker out of the gates will help a lot in that regard.

I'm glad to hear there was a good reason behind Booker not being invited. He needs to get healthy before the coming season.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bender signs with Milwaukee.

The Milwaukee Suns. Now it’s 5. Bledsoe, Bender, Robin Lopez, Leuer, even Korver.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A shoe contract already for RJ Hampton.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A shoe contract already for RJ Hampton.

Got to give credit to the photographer who took that shot and the PR department that is pushing it out there. That is one of the best non-NBA pictures I've seen. That's begging to be made a logo or something. It's a great picture to announce a sponsorship deal for him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got to give credit to the photographer who took that shot and the PR department that is pushing it out there. That is one of the best non-NBA pictures I've seen. That's begging to be made a logo or something. It's a great picture to announce a sponsorship deal for him.

It reminds me a bit of the artistic renderings of SkyBox basketball cards of the 1990s.

https://vintagecardprices.com/pics/4129/294157.jpg

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Lol Joe Johnson was sneaky good for so long. Just quietly went out and got buckets night in and night out.

I loved that guy

And could play a little bit of PG. One of the forgotten tidbits about losing him then going 3-4 without a legit guy to run things when Nash was out.

7x all star borderline hall of gamer smh and we couldn’t make it work smh

That story is so depressing. And was the first inkling that we got into the mind of our (at the time) new owner. I think Brian Colangelo knew right then and there that he needed to get the hell out of dodge.

All for 5 million dollars.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Portland's season is near, can the Suns be far behind? I need some basketball.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose