Just grasping here.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe they are going to sign and trade Oubre for someone

Aaron Gordon?

Just grasping here.

Something is going on. Perhaps the Suns are looking in to trading Tyler Johnson.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Something is going on. Perhaps the Suns are looking in to trading Tyler Johnson.
So far in this period, when there is a delay it's because something is going on. Maybe trying to get creative with the Rubio signing (sign and trade with Utah?). Hmm.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do not think OKC will get a big haul for Westbrook. His contract is a nightmare, other stars don't like playing with him and him alone gives you nothing but a first round exit in the playoffs.

If they're lucky, they will get cap relief and a couple middling, young prospects.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The longer this drags on, the more likely it is that Oubre just plays for the QO and takes his big payday next summer as a UFA in a weak FA class. That would be Joe Johnson all over again.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do not think OKC will get a big haul for Westbrook. His contract is a nightmare, other stars don't like playing with him and him alone gives you nothing but a first round exit in the playoffs.

If they're lucky, they will get cap relief and a couple middling, young prospects.
I think they will have to give up a pick.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The longer this drags on, the more likely it is that Oubre just plays for the QO and takes his big payday next summer as a UFA in a weak FA class. That would be Joe Johnson all over again.

thinking the same thing. they've had over 5 days to negotiate and were probably doing that for months leading up to FA and the only team out there is Dallas, who if they were going for him, would have already and set the market.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they will have to give up a pick.

no way. someone desperate like either the Knicks or a team in the playoff hunt will go get him if he hasn't fallen off a cliff this season.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

I predicted that before I realized his Qualifying Offer wasn’t the amount of his cap hold. His QO is under 5m so I think he takes the Suns offer if it’s 14-15m a year.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I predicted that before I realized his Qualifying Offer wasn’t the amount of his cap hold. His QO is under 5m so I think he takes the Suns offer if it’s 14-15m a year.

And if the Suns are trying to lowball him at 10-12?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
no way. someone desperate like either the Knicks or a team in the playoff hunt will go get him if he hasn't fallen off a cliff this season.

Yeah, I can see that, but they're not getting a big haul for him, even from the Knicks. I think it would be something like... Dennis Smith and matching contract weight filler.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he takes the QO, which I sincerely doubt he will do, he can wait a long time to do it and see if he gets a better deal or a sign and trade or something.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think its even possible for the Knicks to trade for him until December.

Miami though.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lakers again with no shooting and more knuckleheads.

If James and Anthony miss 20 games apiece or more then I think there is a real chance they miss the playoffs again.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson