Point guard speculation article - Russell hope

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Someone is going to take Wall's contract with the agreement to swap picks for like the next decade

Since the Suns aren't going to be relevant or competitive, anyway, how about Tyler Johnson, Josh Jackson and their choice of Okobo or Melton for Wall, four first round picks and swap rights in the intervening years?

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Speaking of the Wizards i think Satoransky could be a real target for the Suns. Another RFA though with a real chance the Wizards match anything within reason but maybe a S&T could be worked out to free up more cap for front court depth.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of the Wizards i think Satoransky could be a real target for the Suns. Another RFA though with a real chance the Wizards match anything within reason but maybe a S&T could be worked out to free up more cap for front court depth.

I would be pleased considering the Suns don't have many options. I've been mentioning his name.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would be pleased considering the Suns don't have many options. I've been mentioning his name.

I like Satoransky, so I've done a little research on him in the past. My biggest concern is that it seems most Wizards fans view him as "just another guy".

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Satoransky, so I've done a little research on him in the past. My biggest concern is that it seems most Wizards fans view him as "just another guy".

That could be but a competent point guard would have a huge impact on the Suns. His stats seem solid although admittedly I haven't watched him much.

Remember the days when we wanted Kemba Walker?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Did James Jones take a vacation this week?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So...Minnesota, in a smaller market and with just as much of a lack of talent as the Suns, trades for Jimmy Butler and then two years later goes full bore for Russell.

Meanwhile, the Suns set their sights on...Trevor Ariza and Cory Joseph.

Our problems in a nutshell.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
So...Minnesota, in a smaller market and with just as much of a lack of talent as the Suns, trades for Jimmy Butler and then two years later goes full bore for Russell.

Meanwhile, the Suns set their sights on...Trevor Ariza and Cory Joseph.

Our problems in a nutshell.
Damn this year's free agency already went down?...

I swear you guys have absolutely no patience. Can we at least see how the day shapes up after free agency is actually under way before we start acting like the sky is falling?

Who am I kidding this is a Suns fan site..

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Damn this year's free agency already went down?...

I swear you guys have absolutely no patience. Can we at least see how the day shapes up after free agency is actually under way before we start acting like the sky is falling?

Who am I kidding this is a Suns fan site..

Two words: Draft day.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Two words: Draft day.
Draft day accomplished exactly what Jones said he wanted to do this off season and that was add more NBA talent to the roster. They traded 1 actual NBA player for 2 and then drafted 2 guys that are expected to be able to contribute early on. The draft was never going to be about getting a starting PG as our draft position made that very difficult to do. Free agency is different as there are some actual good PGs on the market.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There has to be something about Oubre soon.

I thought we would have something by now. If we do soon, nothing else of consequence is happening IMO. Not that it couldn’t but I have a feeling the Suns are going to roll with it. The longer it takes to hear something on him? Maybe that means they are still trying to figure out other moves?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Draft day accomplished exactly what Jones said he wanted to do this off season and that was add more NBA talent to the roster. They traded 1 actual NBA player for 2 and then drafted 2 guys that are expected to be able to contribute early on. The draft was never going to be about getting a starting PG as our draft position made that very difficult to do. Free agency is different as there are some actual good PGs on the market.

You honestly don't think draft day was mismanaged???