2019 Free Agency

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hypothetical question:
Russell for $25-27M or Rozier for $12-14M?

Russell. Easily.

I wouldn't pay $1.2-1.4M for Rozier, when we have the same player, only with a better attitude, in Melton for $900,000.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually, I just checked the numbers, and in terms of shooting and passing, Rozier is actually WORSE than Joseph, if you can believe that.

I knew there was a reason I had Rozier on my "avoid at all costs list" (along with Joseph, McConnell, Mudiay and Lin).

Why, oh why, do the Suns insist on saddling Booker with a backcourt partner who can't facilitate, pass or shoot???

It's like they WANT Booker to demand out...

Yes, Rozier was horrific last season. But - he also was pissed off all last year.

He at least is young enough he may improve / play like he did in the playoffs (which by the way was not as great as it is portrayed, his efficency was still subpar).

I don't want him especially on any kind of a large contract - because I don't think he will ever be good. But I would still prefer him over Joseph - because Joseph is what he is for sure - garbage.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't want Joseph, at all, but your assessment of him is a joke. He's been a good #2 point guard on playoff teams for virtually his entire career, he takes care of the ball and is a really good defender and viewed as a leader.

That said, I don't want him, he's a good backup... not a starter, but he is still worlds better than players you put him behind, like Melton, Okobo and Muliday.
I agree with this. I just don't see the difference between CoJo and Tyler Johnson. Sideways move at best.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Russell. Easily.

Russell at 50 million a year is better than Rozier at 15.

I would be surprised if Russell actually prefers the Timberwolves over the suns, what do they have over the Suns?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yes, Rozier was horrific last season. But - he also was pissed off all last year.

He at least is young enough he may improve / play like he did in the playoffs (which by the way was not as great as it is portrayed, his efficency was still subpar).

I don't want him especially on any kind of a large contract - because I don't think he will ever be good. But I would still prefer him over Joseph - because Joseph is what he is for sure - garbage.

Rozier is not all that young. He is 25, and outside of two playoff series, his numbers before last season weren't good, either. In my opinion, we are better off giving the playing time to Melton and trying to develop him than we are giving it to someone with the same skill set, only significantly older, and in the case of Rozier with a bad attitude to boot.

Rozier and Joseph are BOTH garbage.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
hope this has merit

You must be registered for see images attach
If we throw a max offer at DLo, then the Nets are going to need an answer from Durant and Kyrie right away. The DLo thing is going to drive the timeline for everyone.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would be surprised if Russell actually prefers the Timberwolves over the suns, what do they have over the Suns?

Karl-Anthony Towns.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Better ownership and management?

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hypothetical question:

Russell without hesitation and I'm not that keen on maxing him. Rozier does nothing to address the PG problem other than throwing another body at it(already have 4 on the roster). Can't see him starting over Tyler and if Tyler is the starting PG next year this free agency will be an unmitigated failure.

If we're just looking at 12-14m PGs I hope it's Rubio.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with this. I just don't see the difference between CoJo and Tyler Johnson. Sideways move at best.

He is a little better than Melton, but I am almost positive Melton will be a better player than him very soon - very possibly this season if he is in the gym working on his shot.

There is literally no reason to spend money on Joseph - he is worse than Tyler Johnson.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Russell without hesitation and I'm not that keen on maxing him. Rozier does nothing to address the PG problem other than throwing another body at it(already have 4 on the roster). Can't see him starting over Tyler and if Tyler is the starting PG next year this free agency will be an unmitigated failure.

I'd actually give Beverley the 3 years, $40 million he wants.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He is a little better than Melton, but I am almost positive Melton will be a better player than him very soon - very possibly this season if he is in the gym working on his shot.

There is literally no reason to spend money on Joseph - he is worse than Tyler Johnson.

Yup. Same goes for Terry Rozier.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rozier is not all that young. He is 25, and outside of two playoff series, his numbers before last season weren't good, either. In my opinion, we are better off giving the playing time to Melton and trying to develop him than we are giving it to someone with the same skill set, only significantly older, and in the case of Rozier with a bad attitude to boot.

Rozier and Joseph are BOTH garbage.

I agree - I am merely saying if the suns are determined to sign a PG and all signs are they are - I would prefer Rozier over Joseph by a lot, but I would not sign either unless I could get Rozier for less than 5 million

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
hope this has merit

You must be registered for see images attach
Brogdon is my #1 choice. Only thing that makes me have any doubt about giving him the max is that I wish he was a playmaker setting up teammates as that is a huge weakness of this team. He is a complete stud at pretty much everything else.

Man looking back at the 2016 draft is a real kick in the nuts, and leaves little doubt about why the Suns are where they are.

Edit- 2016 hindsight draft could have been Jamal Murray, Pascal Siakam, Malcolm Brogdan. Not having traded up for Chriss means the Suns still would have had Bogdanovic and next years 2nd round pick.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hypothetical question:
Russell for 25-27 million or Brogdon for 21-23 million.

Brogdon.

If we can trade JJ then we can offer Brogdon 20. Who knows, Milwaukee might even be persuaded to take JJ and a highly protected first in a sign and trade for Brogdon. Saves them money, gives them a project with JJ for a year, and an asset.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I like Rubio as well over Rozier.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Russell for 25-27 million or Brogdon for 21-23 million.

Brogdon.

I would be fine either way, depending on how Booker felt. If we have a disgruntled Booker going forward on top of everything else, we will be longing for the "glory days" of last year's putrid season...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah - I don't see that at all.

Ayton should be every bit as good as him or better, plus we already have Booker.

I understand they are friends not the differences between the players.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mudiay's numbers are actually better than Josephs. And Melton's aren't far behind (and Melton is a rookie who never played the point).

Joseph is a good defender, but then again so is Melton. His low assist numbers say he really isn't much of a facilitator.

Again, with Joseph starting at the point, this team struggles to score 70.

Mudiay blows, he was stat padding on a team even worse than ours. His teams get obliterated when he is on the court, he is hot garbage.

And I didn't claim Joseph is a great facilitator, I said he takes care of the ball, his assist to turnover numbers blow away all the other players mentioned.

Again, I DON'T WANT HIM, but your assertion that he is one of the worst players in the league and placing him below scrubs who can't be trusted to do anything is flat out dumb.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose