2019 Free Agency

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Rozier is better than Cory Joseph, but that's not saying much.

I would rather have Beverley, Rubio, Wright, Tyus Jones, Teague or Rose before even considering Rozier.

Actually, I just checked the numbers, and in terms of shooting and passing, Rozier is actually WORSE than Joseph, if you can believe that.

I knew there was a reason I had Rozier on my "avoid at all costs list" (along with Joseph, McConnell, Mudiay and Lin).

Why, oh why, do the Suns insist on saddling Booker with a backcourt partner who can't facilitate, pass or shoot???

It's like they WANT Booker to demand out...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yuck on Rozier. Particularly if we tie up substantial money to land him.

Yeah, after confirming Rozier's stats, I very much concur with that. Like Cory Joseph, Rozier doesn't bring anything to the table we don't already have in Melton.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the same source about Rozier. Chicago and New York are options as well.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rozier is a bad choice, he had a solid play-off run last season but apart from that he is an athletic, inefficient combo G.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not want to give the Celtics assets for Rozier.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bucks rumored to be giving the max to Middleton. I'd certainly like to see the Suns throw a max at Brogdon and force them to match. Can't see it being easy for them with what they are already paying Bledsoe.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Put Rozier or Joseph at point guard, and the Suns will struggle to average in the 70s in scoring. This team will have to play like Ty Joseph's Virginia Cavaliers team just to stay in games...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bucks rumored to be giving the max to Middleton. I'd certainly like to see the Suns throw a max at Brogdon and force them to match. Can't see it being easy for them with what they are already paying Bledsoe.

That is probably our best option, but expect Sarver and Jones to go cheap instead...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Celts will have to renounce him the sign Kemba. That'll likely happen as soon as free agency starts.

If the Celtics somehow trade Rozier to the Suns they will have to get a third team involved so they don't take back salary.

I'm guessing a trade would be beneficial for the Suns... that's why they would do it.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd rather sign Corey Joseph to a 1 or 2 year deal than Rozier. Rozier stinks and is a cancer.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If the Celtics somehow trade Rozier to the Suns they will have to get a third team involved so they don't take back salary.

I'm guessing a trade would be beneficial for the Suns... that's why they would do it.

Nothing resulting in Terry Rozier would benefit the Suns. He’s never shot 40% from the field or averaged over 5 assists per/36.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'd rather sign Corey Joseph to a 1 or 2 year deal than Rozier. Rozier stinks and is a cancer.

I'd rather avoid both at all costs, even if it means remaining stuck with the craptastic combo of Tyler Johnson, Melton and Okobo at point guard.

If the Suns are not going to invest in a real NBA point guard, I would rather they spend their cap space on a power forward like Julius Randle or Thaddeus Young than throw money at a guy who is no better than Melton just to say (falsely) that they addressed the need.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing resulting in Terry Rozier would benefit the Suns. He’s never shot 40% from the field or averaged over 5 assists per/36.

Rozier would not be a target from my perspective either. Of course other targets may be going elsewhere.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd rather avoid both at all costs, even if it means remaining stuck with the craptastic combo of Tyler Johnson, Melton and Okobo at point guard.

I don't want Joseph, at all, but your assessment of him is a joke. He's been a good #2 point guard on playoff teams for virtually his entire career, he takes care of the ball and is a really good defender and viewed as a leader.

That said, I don't want him, he's a good backup... not a starter, but he is still worlds better than players you put him behind, like Melton, Okobo and Muliday.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
As I’ve been preaching . . . settle in for a tremendous offseason disappointment. At least if it’s just a disappointment it won’t be a total disaster (3+ year deal at virtually any # for Rozier or Joseph).

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't want Joseph, at all, but your assessment of him is a joke. He's been a good #2 point guard on playoff teams for virtually his entire career, he takes care of the ball and is a really good defender and viewed as a leader.

That said, I don't want him, he's a good backup... not a starter, but he is still worlds better than players you put him behind, like Melton, Okobo and Muliday.

Mudiay's numbers are actually better than Josephs. And Melton's aren't far behind (and Melton is a rookie who never played the point).

Joseph is a good defender, but then again so is Melton. His low assist numbers say he really isn't much of a facilitator.

Again, with Joseph starting at the point, this team struggles to score 70.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hypothetical question:
Russell for $25-27M or Rozier for $12-14M?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As I’ve been preaching . . . settle in for a tremendous offseason disappointment. At least if it’s just a disappointment it won’t be a total disaster (3+ year deal at virtually any # for Rozier or Joseph).

Well, draft day was a total disaster, so...