Suns trade #6 for Saric and 11th pick

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I buy this. The Suns feel they can roll with Tyler Johnson if need be.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I buy this. The Suns feel they can roll with Tyler Johnson if need be.

Like I said, James Jones is a disaster as a GM, even more so than McDonough.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I actually really like this trade. Saric is a vet. He’s got size. He’s tough. He can shoot. And he’s not expensive. And we didn’t move down so far that we are out of range of the second tier of players imo. Is this a homerun? No. But it makes us less needy in the draft.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you expected the Suns to solve both PG and PF to your utter satisfaction this summer, then I have a solar powered flashlight to sell you...

Where did I say that? I am reacting to the trades as they stand NOW. So far they have filled ZERO of those holes IMO, trading away TJ and the #6.

Again, this all hinges on what they do with the space.

If the above is true and we end up with Tyler Johnson, another scrub guard and Saric. Does that change how you feel?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I actually really like this trade. Saric is a vet. He’s got size. He’s tough. He can shoot. And he’s not expensive. And we didn’t move down so far that we are out of range of the second tier of players imo. Is this a homerun? No. But it makes us less needy in the draft.

What makes you say that? We are still without a starting point guard and starting power forward.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You mean Hunter who was probably going to be there at #6 anyway? Not world's different. Almost the exact same. #3 and #4 are world's apart.
No, Atlanta paid to move up to ensure that they get Hunter. So they paid a 1st (#17) and a second for that. Minnesota paid to move up to 6th - they paid an established NBA player (rank him however you like - he was picked 12th in 2014). You can't compare Atlanta's desire and Minnesota's desire, nor Pels' and Suns'. To me, anyways. If the Suns can get who they wanted at 11 instead of at 6 (with reasonable certainty), it behooves them to move down and get something for the deal.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
For those saying that Saric can contribute something, I'm calling it now, for the record. He will bring to the table EXACTLY what Ryan Anderson gave us last season. Yes, he will put forth the effort and intensity, just as Anderson did, but his outside shot will be consistent, his defense will be historically bad, and he will end up having to sit at the end of the bench in order to keep the Suns from starting games in 20 point holes 10 minutes in.

Don't say you weren't warned.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they will seriously evaluate him--he's on the last year of his rookie contract and most likely won't be expensive to re-sign. Certainly better than bringing back Bender's corpse.

Gambo has already mentioned bringing back Bender's corpse so don't discount that

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Why wouldn’t Russell go to Boston? There is talk they want him with Kyrie gone and now they have the space with Horford gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, but Saric is still better than Bender's corpse, no?

For sure. I am super happy but this is nearly the exact trade I predicted a week ago.

We are going to love Clarke if that is who we get

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Warren PER 16.36, #6, #32

for

Saric PER 13.12, and the #11

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another thought on this.

The Suns have wanted Tyus Jones since last year.

What if part of this trade is a handshake not to match the offer sheet. So we get our Starting PG, PF, and the #11

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am not bashing JJ yet. I want to see how all this pays out. I am reserving final judgment. If we get Russell that would be a legit pickup and I could live with the above.

However, what happened to all those reports the Suns will not be going after Russell? Smokescreen?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Warren PER 16.36, #6, #32

for

Daric PER 13.12, and the #11

Yeah, but warren played more minutes and does not fit as well as saric, had a much higher cap hit, and was not good for team chemistry.