Suns have 6th pick and 32nd pick in 2019 draft.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is interesting.... a correction.

The Suns are reportedly more interested in Coby White than Garland.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Just sounds to me like he talked to gambo.

This better be bs.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Absolutely. I think Garland has a higher ceiling but a much lower floor. He has played 5 freaking games. His range of outcomes are a much larger risk than White

White will play a long time in this league and be a decent player

I think White's ceiling is Leandro Barbosa. We need to do much better than that with the 6th pick, in my opinion. I wouldn't mind White if Hunter and Garland are off the board, as he at least kind of, sort of fills a need, and certainly more so than the likes of Culver, but in my opinion we will still be searching for a starting caliber NBA point guard, which I don't think White will ever be.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just sounds to me like he talked to gambo.

This better be bs.

Speaking of Gambo, he hasn't tweeted in 11 hours. I was hoping he would say something by now.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well we already disagree there. I see better shooting Kris Dunn. Cuttino Mobley. More athletic JJ Reddick

I see comps to long career players who were decent. Either okay starters or top bench guys

Nothing wrong with that in this draft. I would take that over another possible bust

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Depending on where you look, he was either the #2 or #3 prospect going into college. So while he wasn’t #1 it doesn’t hurt my argument in the least.
The dude could be the single most fully exposed over-rated player I’ve ever seen. It’s not just his numbers were god awful. He fatally failed every eye test too. And terrible b-ball IQ to boot.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The dude could be the single most fully exposed over-rated player I’ve ever seen. It’s not just his numbers were god awful. He fatally failed every eye test too. And terrible b-ball IQ to boot.
Kudos on you for watching every single game he played in and the hours you spent watching game film.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kudos on you for watching every single game he played in and the hours you spent watching game film.
Given that he played for Duke I watched a TON of his LONE season in college where he routinely sucked and then had the mysterious disappearance in the tourney. I’ve watched a ton of college basketball throughout my life. I’ve been mistaken a few times in either direction - but I’ve never been more sure of a bust than cam reddish. If he even ever becomes a regular 20 min/game player on a 40+ win team I will have an enormous helping of crow. But that crow will never see my plate. Ever. That’s how badly this kid is overrated. I almost feel bad saying this about a kid. But that’s how bad he is.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Here’s his game logs. Read through them.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/cam-reddish-1/gamelog/

6 of 36 games where he shot .500 or better

26 of 36 games with 4 or fewer rebounds (17 of which were 3 or fewer)

Less than 40% in just 2 pointers

33% on 3’s and that’s his specialty

And his man defense was just atrocious.

And he averaged almost 3 turnovers per game.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
You honestly think White is as good of a prospect as Garland?
I like Garland more than White but the fact that Garland is a Klutch client with only 5 games of College under his belt (13 asst and 15 turnovers) and is recovering from knee surgery definitely shortens the gap.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Given that he played for Duke I watched a TON of his LONE season in college where he routinely sucked and then had the mysterious disappearance in the tourney. I’ve watched a ton of college basketball throughout my life. I’ve been mistaken a few times in either direction - but I’ve never been more sure of a bust than cam reddish. If he even ever becomes a regular 20 min/game player on a 40+ win team I will have an enormous helping of crow. But that crow will never see my plate. Ever. That’s how badly this kid is overrated. I almost feel bad saying this about a kid. But that’s how bad he is.

That's what I've seen too but I don't know how to view him in light of the news that he played all season with a core muscle injury.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns traded Bledsoe and fired Watson largely because of Rich Paul, we're not going to draft another PG he reps, especially when there is another PG who projects to be on the same level as him available.

I think White will have a much better career than Garland but I'm surprised so many are overlooking the Rich Paul connection.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's what I've seen too but I don't know how to view him in light of the news that he played all season with a core muscle injury.
Hmm this is the first I’ve heard of that. But I’m going to say that sounds awfully convenient coming out now.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm this is the first I’ve heard of that. But I’m going to say that sounds awfully convenient coming out now.

I don't know much more than he is having surgery for it and he'll be out for about 6 weeks. I think the injury and the surgery are legit, I just don't know how much of a factor it played in his performance this season.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I just googled the injury on Reddish and didn't learn any more but the reports I see now refer to it as a minor procedure.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't know much more than he is having surgery for it and he'll be out for about 6 weeks. I think the injury and the surgery are legit, I just don't know how much of a factor it played in his performance this season.
Well that’s something.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I find it hard to believe Gambo knows how the Pelicans plan on using that pick already. All accounts were that Griffin wanted to keep Lonzo to pair him with Holiday, which makes some sense, but drafting a PG with their new pick doesn't make sense. I could see them holding onto it on the off chance that Barrett slips, which could happen, but they could also work a trade with someone contingent on Barrett being off the board as well. I don't know why they pushed for the #4 pick to draft White, who has been projected between 6-10 on almost all mocks. I wouldn't put much weight in Gambo's comments right now.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe Gambo knows how the Pelicans plan on using that pick already. All accounts were that Griffin wanted to keep Lonzo to pair him with Holiday, which makes some sense, but drafting a PG with their new pick doesn't make sense. I could see them holding onto it on the off chance that Barrett slips, which could happen, but they could also work a trade with someone contingent on Barrett being off the board as well. I don't know why they pushed for the #4 pick to draft White, who has been projected between 6-10 on almost all mocks. I wouldn't put much weight in Gambo's comments right now.

He's friends with Griffin and he was his source for the Kyrie to Phoenix rumors before Griffin got axed. Gambo was adamant that the Cavs wanted Bledsoe, the #4, and another pick and would reference talking to Cleveland.

Also, it's not too hard to imagine the Suns being one of the teams that is reportedly interested in swapping picks with NOLA. If Griffin knows we want White, then leaking they would take him at #4 or trade the pick to a team with unknown intentions may get Phoenix to pay up.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then why bother? Seriously. You think the workouts are just publicity? How can you even think that after seeing the list of guys we’ve brought in this summer so far?
It’s a chance for the staff to meet and get to know the player. Which I think is useful to the team.

How a guy “looks” in workouts however, it’s garbage. Workouts are not basketball.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Gambo’s two biggest sources are probably New Orleans and Boston. He has a pretty solid track record with news about both of those teams. Assuming that the Pelicans still plan for on working out some players before the draft though it could easily change between now and then.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo’s two biggest sources are probably New Orleans and Boston. He has a pretty solid track record with news about both of those teams. Assuming that the Pelicans still plan for on working out some players before the draft though it could easily change between now and then.

I think he knows some Knicks guys as well.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It’s a chance for the staff to meet and get to know the player. Which I think is useful to the team.

How a guy “looks” in workouts however, it’s garbage. Workouts are not basketball.
Again, why bother? If you spend 2 hours on a workout and another 30 minutes to get to know the player, why waste the time in the 2-hour workout?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA