Suns have 6th pick and 32nd pick in 2019 draft.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are being really transparent that they don't want Garland. Eddie Johnson was just on the radio saying that the Suns don't want to draft a teenager or someone with little starting experience.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
What about Warten and 6 for Ball and 4?
I just don't see what the fourth pick gives us that the sixth doesn't. Since I think Garland and White are basically the same thing, you can probably get either one at 6. And if you are already getting Ball, there isn't a big man at four I would need I can't get lower. If you jumped us up to two for Ja Morant, now I am interested in moving up. I am more likely a move down and get another big in the process with an extra pick person.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don't see what the fourth pick gives us that the sixth doesn't. Since I think Garland and White are basically the same thing, you can probably get either one at 6. And if you are already getting Ball, there isn't a big man at four I would need I can't get lower. If you jumped us up to two for Ja Morant, now I am interested in moving up. I am more likely a move down and get another big in the process with an extra pick person.

The Suns would have to want Hunter who will likely be gone at #6.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The Suns would have to want Hunter who will likely be gone at #6.
If the Suns think he's the future next to Ayton, then yes you pull that trigger. I of all people know someone is probably not wanting our sixth pick. In the unlikely scenario that someone trades for our sixth pick, and we get a couple mid level picks, or a mid level first and high second, I think there are enough decent bigs we could stock our whole front line and roll with a veteran free agent PG. We have Ayton on the roster as our only big, Spaulding is a free agent, and Holmes is reportedly gone. Warren is our only "PF." We need bodies, and this draft has some decent ones we could pick up.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

It would he a move to shed Warren's contract, move up to 4 to get the pg of your choice and have a vet PG in Ball, sums would gain cap space with the move and wind up with 2 Point Guards.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You be happier with no PGs?

Garland and Ball, nobody would be complaining and the Suns would have PGs

I guess you picked two point guards I am not high on.

Certainly either would be better than none like the last two seasons.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns think he's the future next to Ayton, then yes you pull that trigger. I of all people know someone is probably not wanting our sixth pick. In the unlikely scenario that someone trades for our sixth pick, and we get a couple mid level picks, or a mid level first and high second, I think there are enough decent bigs we could stock our whole front line and roll with a veteran free agent PG. We have Ayton on the roster as our only big, Spaulding is a free agent, and Holmes is reportedly gone. Warren is our only "PF." We need bodies, and this draft has some decent ones we could pick up.

I'd definitely consider a trade down in this draft if the Suns are not high on anyone at #6.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yeah it's not DeAngelo Russell, but this is a move that is realistic
I would only be high on Russell in that supposedly it makes Booker happy. Then Randle would fit the timeline. I think that would be a great starting five for marketing purposes. I could see a lot of millenials liking that line up. Not sure what our bench would be, LOL!

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would only be high on Russell in that supposedly it makes Booker happy. Then Randle would fit the timeline. I think that would be a great starting five for marketing purposes. I could see a lot of millenials liking that line up. Not sure what our bench would be, LOL!

That's my dream offseason as well!

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'd definitely consider a trade down in this draft if the Suns are not high on anyone at #6.

That's the great unsaid thing about the Suns right now. We have only one big. Spalding is a free agent, Bender is gone, as well as Warren and Holmes supposedly. So going into the draft we have ONE center! That's it! We NEED bigs! Everyone on the roster is a small forward or a guard aside from Ayton.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah it's not DeAngelo Russell, but this is a move that is realistic

No, it's not. New Orleans want to keep Ball, Griffin is high on him. That makes the trade unrealistic.

What is the deal with so many Suns fans wanting to acquire Ball? He isn't that good. He can't shoot, he can't make FT's, he can't drive to the basket well, and he isn't very good in the halfcourt. He's Rubio but 4 inches taller and 40% FT shooter.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
No, it's not. New Orleans want to keep Ball, Griffin is high on him. That makes the trade unrealistic.

What is the deal with so many Suns fans wanting to acquire Ball? He isn't that good. He can't shoot, he can't make FT's, he can't drive to the basket well, and he isn't very good in the halfcourt. He's Rubio but 4 inches taller and 40% FT shooter.
I thought Rubio could shoot free throws? :shrug:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the great unsaid thing about the Suns right now. We have only one big. Spalding is a free agent, Bender is gone, as well as Warren and Holmes supposedly. So going into the draft we have ONE center! That's it! We NEED bigs! Everyone on the roster is a small forward or a guard aside from Ayton.

Can Jackson play center? LMAO

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought Rubio could shoot free throws? :shrug:

I said he's basically Rubio only 4 inches taller and a 40% FT shooter in the last line. That basically says Rubio can shoot FT's and Lonzo can't, reread the last line, I covered that.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

He can play D and is a distributor, there are many instances of guys like Jason Kidd who can straighten their shot out. Ball was having a cow about going to New Orleans last year, Holiday is already there I can see him being moved to Chicago or Phx, and we can bet on it.

Ball and a Rookie PG like Garland or White, for the cost of moving Warren, is a no brainers and would give the rooks time to learn coming off the bench and give the Suns a good defender and distributor

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I said he's basically Rubio only 4 inches taller and a 40% FT shooter in the last line. That basically says Rubio can shoot FT's and Lonzo can't, reread the last line, I covered that.
Ok! Got it. We may end up with Rubio, who is nearly at the bottom of my list. If we end up with Jimmer Fredette, I am going to switch to a different team!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He could play power forward if he stayed of the jail food.

I've toyed with the idea of Jackson playing at power forward as well keeping him closer to the rim with his erratic outside shot.