Woj: Anthony Davis to Lakers

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Your right nobody would want him for free lol

He could have been Fox which is sad

I told everybody Fox would be better than Ball and Fultz but I thought Josh Jackson would be the star of that draft.

When he was horrible in summer league last year you knew it was going to be bad smh

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well can’t argue with that, but I’ll certainky argue with Suns fans that are ready to jump off a bridge because the Lakers are now somehow “invulnerable”.
Are you seriously underselling Lebron and Davis? Still have Kuzma and ability to sign big name free agent.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, me too. I think the Lakers got hosed and could end up regretting it for a decade or so. Unless they really can buy every free agent they want, they are in for a rude awakening. Maybe if they sign Kemba they'll be a real threat to win it all this next season but they will have a challenge filling out a competent bench.
They have two top 10, maybe top 5, players in the league. A very good Kuzma. And a TON of cap space and Lebron and Davis to draw players.

Hopefully this will hamstring them post-Lebron, but don’t sell them short for next 2-3 years.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What about Jackson and 6 for 4

To clear cap space, move Warren or JJ. Than the Suns can land Garland for sure and sign Randle as well. It will fill both spots of need and is doable.

Randle Oubre Ayton Garland and Booker?
Throwing in JJ to move up 2 spots in a terrible draft? That’s just a terrible move.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

To clear cap space, move Warren or JJ. Than the Suns can land Garland for sure and sign Randle as well. It will fill both spots of need and is doable.

Throwing in JJ to move up 2 spots in a terrible draft? That’s just a terrible move.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I hate the NBA. More collusion than Trump and Russia

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yes, I would be fine with that.

The cap space is worth Jackson, moving up 2 in the process is a bonus

Of course if the suns do that - it would be for Culver.

And that would cause me to lose it even more. Jackson and Culver are the same player, only Jackson is bigger, better and more athletic.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I hate the NBA. More collusion than Trump and Russia
I just hate that a terrible franchise has players clamoring to be there just because it’s LA. They should be a dumpster fire but because of location they are constantly bailed out by players.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Well Einstein how are the Suns going to get cap space to make a run at DeAngelo and Randle. Also to match Oubre, you dump JJ and Warren they are not needed, Suns have to many wings.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like Garland will workout for the Suns

As previously noted, I'm not sure Jackson has that much value. I liked his defense when he was paired with Oubre so he might be worth another look.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Where are all the Kemba talks coming from? I heard that he’d be willing to take less to stay with the Hornets?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see how the Lakers are the favorites for the title next year. Both Lebron and Davis missed the playoffs on their own this last season but those 2 joining forces and losing a number of quality teammates they had is supposed to make them favorites? Ok.

As far as the whole "They have 2 top 10 players now" argument, the Thunder have 2 top 10 talent also with Westbrook and Paul George and they can't get out of the 1st round. Yes, Lebron and Davis are different then George and Westbrook but 2 top players don't guarantee anything. It wouldn't surprise me if this ends up being the Dwight Howard trade 2.0 in a way.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see how the Lakers are the favorites for the title next year. Both Lebron and Davis missed the playoffs on their own this last season but those 2 joining forces and losing a number of quality teammates they had is supposed to make them favorites? Ok.

As far as the whole "They have 2 top 10 players now" argument, the Thunder have 2 top 10 talent also with Westbrook and Paul George and they can't get out of the 1st round. Yes, Lebron and Davis are different then George and Westbrook but 2 top players don't guarantee anything. It wouldn't surprise me if this ends up being the Dwight Howard trade 2.0 in a way.

The Lakers still have Kyle Kuzma and a top free agent to be named later.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think a lot is going to depend on lebron being healthy. Last year was the first year he missed real time and what’s this his 18th year? He’s got a lot of miles on him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have to see what else they can get they obviously have 2 great players although Lebron finally showed his age but they have very little else right now.

Kuzma is a chucker who doesn't play defense and apparently has "issues" with some of the Lakers front office so it wouldn't surprise me if he gets traded somewhere else.

They made a big splash and they have 2 great players and Kuzma can put the ball in the basket.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
They’re not winning the title or making it out of the west.. With Dubs suddenly a mash unit, my money is on Houston to win WCF.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Lakers still have Kyle Kuzma and a top free agent to be named later.

Kuzma is a good young player but he's a PF and at Lebron's age that is where he should be playing. Davis also prefers to play PF. So their 3 best players all play the same position, or are best at the same position.

Kuzma was there last year also, what did he help them do?

There is no guarantee they land another star and who would they be after anyway? There are stars available but someone will need to be fine with being the 3rd guy behind Davis and Lebron. They'll get paid well but their fit is questionable also, depending on who it is.

I wouldn't be so quick to crown the Lakers. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if the Pelicans end up better than the Lakers next year.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kuzma is a good young player but he's a PF and at Lebron's age that is where he should be playing. Davis also prefers to play PF. So their 3 best players all play the same position, or are best at the same position.

Kuzma was there last year also, what did he help them do?

There is no guarantee they land another star and who would they be after anyway? There are stars available but someone will need to be fine with being the 3rd guy behind Davis and Lebron. They'll get paid well but their fit is questionable also, depending on who it is.

I wouldn't be so quick to crown the Lakers. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if the Pelicans end up better than the Lakers next year.

I'm certainly not crowning the Lakers, only saying they will be very good if everyone stays healthy.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Something else to consider, Anthony Davis isn’t exactly the model of health. He has averaged 66 games played in his first 7 seasons and has only played more than 68 twice (75 both times).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard