Murray discussion removed from the Nick Bosa injury thread

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
There is a reason it makes headlines.. if it wasn't a guy with a significant injury history then that would be a different story. Imo

BS.Now can it be brought up about short QBs in the NFL and their lack of success ?I can play that game too.

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I believe that game has been played. No need. He's also not injured yet..and Bosa is. So there is that.. ;)

So Murray is still short....and with a gimmick offense.......rookie HC....
..things are going to be......:barf:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I love this board. A Bosa thread pivoted back to Murray-Stans v. Murray-Bashers.

We could be talking about crocheting and it’d turn into Murray is better than Rosen because of his tiny hands.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I love this board. A Bosa thread pivoted back to Murray-Stans v. Murray-Bashers.

We could be talking about crocheting and it’d turn into Murray is better than Rosen because of his tiny hands.
But Murray actually has pretty big hands for his size, so that's a misnomer. I think Rosen's familiarity with re-stringing a tennis racket really gives him an edge in the crochet game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

My fav is that his height is still be brought up like there’s some new angle to argue about 5’10. He’s 5’10. It’s an anomaly. Guess we will see if it’s a deadly issue when balls start flying in official games.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But Murray actually has pretty big hands for his size, so that's a misnomer. I think Rosen's familiarity with re-stringing a tennis racket really gives him an edge in the crochet game.
Lol. Not even “big for his size” which still tries to make his hand size a potential issue - rather just his hand size is “fine” give historical averages for QBs.

Reactions: HGC

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
My fav is that his height is still be brought up like there’s some new angle to argue about 5’10. He’s 5’10. It’s an anomaly. Guess we will see if it’s a deadly issue when balls start flying in official games.
I honestly don't care. Short is short. Unless I am mistaken, the list of successful QBs under 6'0 is Russell Wilson. We drafted Murray under the thought that he is another exception.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Could you name some sub-6’ NFL QB busts?
All of them , basically. I remember reading something several weeks back were it said there’s been something like 75 quarterbacks in the history of the national football league have been under 6 feet tall and on a roster and only five of them have ever been a starter. And, only 30 of them even appeared in one game. So yes, the exception does not prove the rule.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All of them , basically. I remember reading something several weeks back were it said there’s been something like 75 quarterbacks in the history of the national football league have been under 6 feet tall and on a roster and only five of them have ever been a starter. And, only 30 of them even appeared in one game. So yes, the exception does not prove the rule.
And where were they drafted? Did they have the same numbers as Murray? Those type of stats are empty because you could say that about qbs of any height and there will be a number of busts.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Please reread the question. Which ones were busts? Can you name them?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Please reread the question. Which ones were busts? Can you name them?
There is no need to name any of them. The numbers don’t lie. But feel free to use Flutie. Wilson
And where were they drafted? Did they have the same numbers as Murray? Those type of stats are empty because you could say that about qbs of any height and there will be a number of busts.
75 out of ,say, 700 quarterbacks in history of the NFL QB’s have been under 6 ft tall. 5 out of those 75 have ever been starters and exactly 1 of them have won a Superbowl. That is the utter definition of an exception. But please, you guys can feel free to hang your hats on Wilson, Flutie, Lebaron and—possibly—Murray.

Teams simply don’t waste first round draft picks on midget QBs throughout history of the league. Most <6 ft QBs are not even up to Seneca Wallace’s caliber.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
There is no need to name any of them. The numbers don’t lie. But feel free to use Flutie. Wilson
75 out of ,say, 700 quarterbacks in history of the NFL QB’s have been under 6 ft tall. 5 out of those 75 have ever been starters and exactly 1 of them have won a Superbowl. That is the utter definition of an exception. But please, you guys can feel free to hang your hats on Wilson, Flutie, Lebaron and—possibly—Murray.

Teams simply don’t waste first round draft picks on midget QBs throughout history of the league. Most <6 ft QBs are not even up to Seneca Wallace’s caliber.

Teams dont tend to draft ANY <6ft QBs.

That's the failing of your argument.

Not drafting isnt the equivalent of not successful.

And there have been any QBs GREATER than 6 ft that have Murrays skill set. Hes a planet person.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

So you can’t name any? Not even one? I guess that would make brees and Wilson more of the rule then, statistically speaking, no?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

And there have been any QBs GREATER than 6 ft that have Murrays skill set. Hes a planet person.
Teams also don't draft female QBs. Using your arguement, you can't say that it would be drafting the exception by drafting a female.

Come on.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

Doesn’t matter drafted or not. If the short QBs were good enough they would’ve risen to the top like Wilson.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Teams also don't draft female QBs. Using your arguement, you can't say that it would be drafting the exception by drafting a female.

Come on.

They’re going to have to draft them soon or it’ll be discrimination. You maybe just started it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So you can’t name any? Not even one? I guess that would make brees and Wilson more of the rule then, statistically speaking, no?
Who knew everyone should draft 5'6 rbs like Darren Sproles because they never fail since he is the only one.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Brees is not under 6 ft, my friend. 5 out 70 is not a rule. The vast, vast majority QBs <6 ft don’t even make a team let alone ever see the field.