Suns Get The 6th Pick

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Garland played 5 games before getting hurt, his stats are off a small sample size. But he is a very good ball handler shooter, like elite at those two skills, which means he will have no problem getting his shot off.

I don’t think white is particularly good at anything And he is the worse athlete. I see him as a bad starter or bench player in the nba.
Garland only shot 75% freethrows in those games and averaged less assists than turnovers..

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It isnt really

Scoring near the rim is as important if not more
My point is that the value of the 3 point shot is only going up every year. Obviously for spacing purposes you still need to be able to score around the basket. In Garland's case I think he has the touch to be a good finesse finisher around the basket and ultimately be decent scoring in that area. He may never be a guy that bulls his way through defenders but he won't have to if he has great touch and feel around the basket.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Garland only shot 75% freethrows in those games and averaged less assists than turnovers..
Garland essentially played 4 games last year. That is not enough to use his stats to paint a picture either positive or negative.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Freethrow% is what you need to look at

Reddish projected 3pt% in the NBA is 38%. That is very good.
Reddish was a 77% FT shooter and a 33% three point shooter. Not sure how that determines that he will be a 38% NBA shooter. Garland in his small sample was nearly the same from the FT line and WAY better from 3.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Garland played 5 games before getting hurt, his stats are off a small sample size. But he is a very good ball handler shooter, like elite at those two skills, which means he will have no problem getting his shot off.

I don’t think white is particularly good at anything And he is the worse athlete. I see him as a bad starter or bench player in the nba.
This--all day long.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It’s 5 games. He also shot 49 % from 3 but we know that is higher than it would have been over the whole season.

I am not saying he is a great prospect, just the best one likely to be available.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No he is not

Terrible rebounder, gets no steals or blocks

That is a gigantic red flag

Hunter's most frequent comp is Thaddeus Young, only with longer arms. I think we would all take that.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Reddish was a 77% FT shooter and a 33% three point shooter. Not sure how that determines that he will be a 38% NBA shooter. Garland in his small sample was nearly the same from the FT line and WAY better from 3.

I dont need to explain to you the details of the prediction algorithm but it is a little bit more sophisticated than just looking at 3pt% and FT% for one thing it also accounts volume and Reddish took 7.4 3pta per game, more than half of his overall attempts.

Draft Reddish - trade Warren and Jackson.

Our 2/3 rotation is Booker, Oubre, Bridges, Reddish

I dont think I can be convinced on Garland. He is so frail, bad injury, Rich Paul client... He looks like a 3 year project and we have been terrible at getting our guys to beef up.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
You don't need to, but please do. Because it makes pretty much no sense to me that 77% and 33% equals good and 75% and 48% somehow equals bad.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
You don't need to, but please do. Because it makes pretty much no sense to me that 77% and 33% equals good and 75% and 48% somehow equals bad.

because freethrow percetage is the more important indicator to how shooting translates and Garland took only 4.6 3pt attempts in thos games compared to Reddish 7.4

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
because freethrow percetage is the more important indicator to how shooting translates and Garland took only 4.6 3pt attempts in thos games compared to Reddish 7.4
Their FT% was damn near identical and Reddish had a poor 3P% from the college 3. How that somehow translates to an even higher percentage from the longer NBA 3 completely defies logic. I could see the argument if he was at least pushing close to 38% in college and with less attempts in the NBA he could maintain that percentage because they would be better looks, but that isn't the case.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Why not trade for a vet PG and take someone like Hunter or one of the Gonzaga PF's? Guess it depends who's on the open market at either PG or PF.
Hunter and the zags are tweeners. Fit right in with JJ, oubre, Bridges, and warren. Yawn.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Freethrow% is what you need to look at

Reddish projected 3pt% in the NBA is 38%. That is very good.
Lol. “Projected 3pt%” . . . ignoring what he ACTUALLY shot in a less competitive league with a shorter 3 point line. Oooookay.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hunter's most frequent comp is Thaddeus Young, only with longer arms. I think we would all take that.

Thad young is the other power forward Gambo said we had interest in today.
GOD NO CAM REDDISH!!!

I don’t know what to think about reddish. He was trash at duke, but he was really highly regarded coming out of high school.

I think I would stay away. If he can’t play well when he is not the man, it doesn’t bode well for him in the nba.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I don’t know what to think about reddish. He was trash at duke, but he was really highly regarded coming out of high school.

I think I would stay away. If he can’t play well when he is not the man, it doesn’t bode well for him in the nba.
The knock on him coming outta high school was he wasn’t aggressive. And guess what? That became even worse at Duke. Shocking! And his vaunted 3pt shooting failed to manifest itself, all while playing alongside two other dudes attracting all the attention. HARD PASS.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

If there is any way to get at least an average veteran point guard and Thaddeus Young and use #6 to draft Hunter to learn from Young, I would call that a very successful offseason, especially if we re-up Oubre in the process.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Lol. “Projected 3pt%” . . . ignoring what he ACTUALLY shot in a less competitive league with a shorter 3 point line. Oooookay.
you have simply no idea

it is a proven concept that 3pt% in college is a poor indicator for 3pt% at the NBA level. Projected 3pt% is a well established prediction tool.

But go ahead believe in your 40% college 3 shooters like Lonzo Ball or Markelle Fultz. Looking at the 3pt% in isolation tells you nothing.