Spurs

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Ugh, wanted Ajax to win so bad. I have a Dutch/German Ajax fan friend in the 'Burgh, AND I didn't want it to be a game where one of two players with questionable effort during Newcastle's relegation gets to win a CL final. Oh well. Which is the lesser of two evils? I guess Spurs.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh, wanted Ajax to win so bad. I have a Dutch/German Ajax fan friend in the 'Burgh, AND I didn't want it to be a game where one of two players with questionable effort during Newcastle's relegation gets to win a CL final. Oh well. Which is the lesser of two evils? I guess Spurs.

How anyone in America can hate Spurs is beyond me.

Arsenal, I'd certainly understand.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Yeah it was. Especially after Liverpool's comeback.
what a week of football. I know not good for you, but Kompany's goal was incredible, then Liverpool's amazing comeback.

and you have to say Moura's second half hat trick was not something anyone saw coming. I thought Deli finally played well for the first time in a very long time. if he is in that form spurs are able to go at a higher level. a lot of players dug deep and got results for their team. good for Liverpool. they will be favoured to win and still have a lot to play for today.

Stout

Reaction score
How anyone in America can hate Spurs is beyond me.

Arsenal, I'd certainly understand.

Where did I say I hate Spurs? And why is Spurs suddenly America's team? I know a lot of American Arsenal fans; THAT'S how an American can hate spurs lol Personally, I just didn't want that gutless Sissoko winning the CL, but if he doesn't, the gutless Wjnaldum and Liverfool win it. Neither one of them could be fussed to try very hard, leading in large part to Newcastle's relegation. THAT'S the lesser of two evils I was talking about.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Spurs are my second favorite team, and favorite big 6. But that's mainly because they were the closest team playing when I was in London for work so I went to their game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I don't know why, but I connected with spurs a lot after moving here. I started to take a liking to them in 2013 when they had Dempsey and Bale, but I knew they were my team when they lost to Chelsea in the FA cup semi final in 2017 and I was so hurt. I guess I should get used to them letting me down in big games, but getting to the UCL Final is incredible for them.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Where did I say I hate Spurs? And why is Spurs suddenly America's team? I know a lot of American Arsenal fans; THAT'S how an American can hate spurs lol Personally, I just didn't want that gutless Sissoko winning the CL, but if he doesn't, the gutless Wjnaldum and Liverfool win it. Neither one of them could be fussed to try very hard, leading in large part to Newcastle's relegation. THAT'S the lesser of two evils I was talking about.
haha... when someone says they understand why people would hate Arsenal. I relate to that to that well.

Arsenal and Manchester United were the first premier league clubs that I watched in 2003 timeframe. I heard of those clubs before then because of the World Cup. which is so backwards LOL! Thankfully, I never got on with them or Manchester United (or any other European club). I wish I had more access to the league back in those days.

for what its worth I don't think Spurs are America's Team....maybe England's team with all of the English players that they have. It will probably be Chelsea now that they have pulisic. he had quite the send off with Dortmund yesterday.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Bale is back, not sure what he has left to offer at that level. But it forms an interesting question with Spurs attacking options. That beatdown of Man United was great. A good flop by Lamela sealed that one, but I also thought the opening penalty was soft and spurs did well to respond.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Top of the table! Time to raise a glass for at least one night.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I don’t want to jinx it but conte seems to have Spurs in contention for something. We will see. The way he woke son from dead is glorious.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
NLD week! Hopefully spurs have closed the gap from last season. Spurs were bailed out by the added time against Sheffield this past weekend.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I didn’t see the whole match, only the second half. The added time seemed excessive based on the part that I saw. But I’ll take it. Sheffield were parking the bus anyway so they deserved what they got.

Stout

Reaction score
I didn’t see the whole match, only the second half. The added time seemed excessive based on the part that I saw. But I’ll take it. Sheffield were parking the bus anyway so they deserved what they got.
I wouldn't say that. For as frustrating as it is to watch, for both sets of fans, often a team like SHU will get torn to pieces if they don't park the bus.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
2-2 with Arsenal at the Emirates and Spurs looked like they were not overmatched at all for once. That has rarely happened at Arsenal in a PL match. Next big test is Liverpool.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
They've looked really good under Ange. I hope you beat Liverfool.
I'm really impressed with Ange. he seems like he is very positive and he backs his players rather than instantly complaining about not having enough quality to compete with top teams. and all of this is coming on the end of the Harry Kane era. I have to wonder if Kane was bringing the club down because he merely outgrew the club and was being held captive by management. Thankfully they did not give Kane to another PL team in the end. But looking at Kane... tottenham's most recent chance of winning a major trophy came when Kane was injured and spurs defeated Manchester City/Ajax without him and clinched a spot in the UEFA cup final, only to see Pochettino bench Lucas Moura for an unfit Kane in the final. they also had a memorable win at Stamford Bridge without Kane. I just wonder if Kane was treated differently than the other players and how that affected the culture at Tottenham. I do like Harry Kane and appreciate his quality, but he is overrated as are a lot of the English players.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
2 red cards and a blown offside decision = spurs victory. I'll take it considering Liverpool were undefeated for so long both in the run of play and vs. spurs. I thought what may get overlooked in the match is that spurs actually played well against another top side. they needed to do some things better in the final 3rd and I think Son needed to stay on the pitch longer.

Stout

Reaction score
2 red cards and a blown offside decision = spurs victory. I'll take it considering Liverpool were undefeated for so long both in the run of play and vs. spurs. I thought what may get overlooked in the match is that spurs actually played well against another top side. they needed to do some things better in the final 3rd and I think Son needed to stay on the pitch longer.
I love this result, and I love the manner of this result. Losing in a ton of extra time in heartbreaking fashion? Hahahaha!

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I love this result, and I love the manner of this result. Losing in a ton of extra time in heartbreaking fashion? Hahahaha!
I acknowledge the bad offside call that caused Liverpool to lose rather than getting a point, which is what they most likely would have had if the goal was given. I actually thought that they played better when they went down a man in the first half. They started exploiting spurs in the back end even more than they were to begin with. The 2nd half Liverpool looked overmatched and rightfully so. The back to back yellows were the result of a tired player. Liverpool defended brilliantly down 2 men, but spurs helped them by not utilizing the right side of the pitch until the last possible minute.

L’pool aren’t the only squad that have suffered from bad VAR decisions. Spurs and Newcastle fans were both pointing to karma after the game.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose