Spurs

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love this result, and I love the manner of this result. Losing in a ton of extra time in heartbreaking fashion? Hahahaha!
The extra time was deserved. It wasn't like there was a ton of time wasting. There were just a ton of substitutions, injuries, and mindblowing ref decisions that happened.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The extra time was deserved. It wasn't like there was a ton of time wasting. There were just a ton of substitutions, injuries, and mindblowing ref decisions that happened.
I thought the 6 mins were fair and spurs took forever to push their right full back up to supplement Kulusevski’s unwillingness to use his right foot. Liverpool were basically leaving him unmarked because of it. I didn’t see time wasting by Liverpool other than a couple times on goal kicks. I don’t understand why son was subbed out, he didn’t seem overly tired to me. Ange did Liverpool a favor.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I acknowledge the bad offside call that caused Liverpool to lose rather than getting a point, which is what they most likely would have had if the goal was given. I actually thought that they played better when they went down a man in the first half. They started exploiting spurs in the back end even more than they were to begin with. The 2nd half Liverpool looked overmatched and rightfully so. The back to back yellows were the result of a tired player. Liverpool defended brilliantly down 2 men, but spurs helped them by not utilizing the right side of the pitch until the last possible minute.

L’pool aren’t the only squad that have suffered from bad VAR decisions. Spurs and Newcastle fans were both pointing to karma after the game.
Liverfool are constantly--many times a season--on the good end of bad calls, or questionable calls. I am more than fine with them being on the receiving end for once. Only a couple thou more to go to even out the scales.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Liverfool are constantly--many times a season--on the good end of bad calls, or questionable calls. I am more than fine with them being on the receiving end for once. Only a couple thou more to go to even out the scales.
it's going to make for an interesting reverse fixture. I'm sure L'Pool will be circling that one.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You clearly don't watch games with an unbiased opinion. Really not sure why you are beating this drum right now, when just about no one else is.

Stout

Reaction score
You clearly don't watch games with an unbiased opinion. Really not sure why you are beating this drum right now, when just about no one else is.
I've read plenty of it from non-national English media sources. Newcastle have been on the end of the Liverpool shenanigans enough that I found the bad call ironic. Maybe if Liverpool ever acknowledged the fact that they usually get the calls, they might be sympathetic when they finally get screwed.

Note: Our last game was not a matter of officiating. Just an awful (or on your side, incredible) set of events.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've read plenty of it from non-national English media sources. Newcastle have been on the end of the Liverpool shenanigans enough that I found the bad call ironic. Maybe if Liverpool ever acknowledged the fact that they usually get the calls, they might be sympathetic when they finally get screwed.

Note: Our last game was not a matter of officiating. Just an awful (or on your side, incredible) set of events.
Exactly why it might be a big deal then?

How many times do refs blow calls? It happens every day. It happens to teams large and small.

How many times are the calls so bad, that the PGMOL has to release audio to prove that there wasn't a larger conspiracy and just plain ol' incompetence? This is the first time.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Spurs a bit lucky again to get all 3 points today at Luton Town. Should have been over by halftime with spurs missing multiple chances, especially Richarlison. instead Bissouma gets a second yellow for clearly diving at the very end of extra time in the first half. Spurs scored the lone goal off of an extended play on a corner, created by Maddison who has been such a grab for them. Bissouma has been sort of an unsung hero for spurs under Ange's new attacking style. they will miss him while he is out.

Stout

Reaction score
Spurs a bit lucky again to get all 3 points today at Luton Town. Should have been over by halftime with spurs missing multiple chances, especially Richarlison. instead Bissouma gets a second yellow for clearly diving at the very end of extra time in the first half. Spurs scored the lone goal off of an extended play on a corner, created by Maddison who has been such a grab for them. Bissouma has been sort of an unsung hero for spurs under Ange's new attacking style. they will miss him while he is out.
Yeah, Luton's going straight back down. that's two games where they had 11 to 10 men for a large part of the game, and they've gotten 1 point from those games. That's relegation form for sure.

Spurs found a way to win. They're really, really good this year. Who'd a thunk it without Kane?

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Yeah, Luton's going straight back down. that's two games where they had 11 to 10 men for a large part of the game, and they've gotten 1 point from those games. That's relegation form for sure.

Spurs found a way to win. They're really, really good this year. Who'd a thunk it without Kane?
Spurs made 2 big moves for Van de ven and Maddison who are really getting it done playing out of the back and coincidentally both factored in on the goal Saturday. Right or wrong Kane outgrew the club and for many years no longer wanted to be there. there were a lot of long tenured players like Dier and Lloris who were no longer elite PL players, Dier never was elite yet he was always the 2nd center back option or paired as a holding midfielder that never held the ball or won many duels. this is finally Sonny's team and I think he is the captain that every club would want to have.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
With a 2-1 win over Palace Spurs are now 5 points clear at the top before the weekend fixtures start. In spite of the nervy finish I thought it was a great performance by Spurs. They dominated in a fixture that maybe in the past they would not have earned 3 points.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
While I can't ever really pull for Spurs, they did get a player that I really enjoyed watching develop in Dragusin.

He has such a grounded approach that I think will continue to serve him well.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Spurs thread being left behind is so spursy.
Good of you to keep the thread going though.

I don’t know what to make of spurs season thus far. I guess if they make the top four 4 it’s a successful one. I don’t understand how they can thrash Villa one week and then lose to Fulham. Micky Van De Ven is probably Tottenham’s best player and they are a different squad when he’s not available. He would make a dangerous pairing with Virgil at the moment.

Last edited: