How many teams wanted to trade up for number 1 to draft Murray?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I wonder how many/if any teams talked to Keim about trading up for Murray?I don`t recall reading or seeing a lot action in that direction.Surely for such a "transcendent,once in a lifetime player" some other teams would be chomping at the bit to draft him.Wasn`t Gruden in Oakland supposed to be all slobberknocker over Murray?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I wonder how many/if any teams talked to Keim about trading up for Murray?I don`t recall reading or seeing a lot action in that direction.Surely for such a "transcendent,once in a lifetime player" some other teams would be chomping at the bit to draft him.Wasn`t Gruden in Oakland supposed to be all slobberknocker over Murray?

Who knows? And who really cares?

Kyler Murray is the Arizona Cardinals starting Quarterback.

Gruden in Oakland took a solid, but not special defensive end at #4 overall. He took a solid, but not special RB and Safety later in Round one. IMO their moves were awful; taking two non-premium players when much better players were available at more important positions is stupid. So who cares what they think?

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who knows? And who really cares?

Kyler Murray is the Arizona Cardinals starting Quarterback.

Gruden in Oakland took a solid, but not special defensive end at #4 overall. He took a solid, but not special RB and Safety later in Round one. IMO their moves were awful; taking two non-premium players when much better players were available at more important positions is stupid. So who cares what they think?

Agree the Raiders surprised me with those picks.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Agree the Raiders surprised me with those picks.

I like Clelin Ferrell....at #24.

I like Josh Jacobs....in round 3

I like Jonathan Abram....in round 3.

Byron Murphy was available. Solid OL were available. But they took a slow RB and a box safety. Mike Mayock did nothing to show that he is an "expert".

Reactions: PJ1

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Murray was the best player in the draft. Watch film.

Again, the only reason he went #1 was KK was our coach. If we went a different direction with a coach(more traditional) he wouldn't have been the number 1 pick in my opinion. Is he best for the KK offense? Would say he is.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Again, the only reason he went #1 was KK was our coach. If we went a different direction with a coach(more traditional) he wouldn't have been the number 1 pick in my opinion. Is he best for the KK offense? Would say he is.
And someone likely would have traded up to #1 to take him in that situation. Maybe not all teams would have been willing to look past his height, but someone almost certainly would have.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Not me for sure to small a sample in college for my liking but I definitely for this team Not him Or his Coach Time will tell if Ime right

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
And it's not like it is only Cardinals fans making this claim. A lot of people love Murray enough to have him at the top of this draft experts and fans alike.

And a hell of a lot of people didn`t have him rated as top pick either.KK and Keim should be on Murrays christmas card list for the rest of their lives.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Teams all have different draft boards. I love reading mock drafts, but at the end of the day, every team has different ways to evaluate different positions/position groups. What the Denver Broncos value in a CB might be vastly different than what the Cardinals do.

The Cardinals said that Murray, Murphy, Isabella, and Allen were all within their top 35 players in the draft. That's an amazing haul, but that is only based on their own internal evaluation.

If I built a board, QB would always be higher than other positions because I think the value of QBs is the greatest impact on a game, so QBs should be higher. Murray IMO was far and away the best player in the draft.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
And a hell of a lot of people didn`t have him rated as top pick either.KK and Keim should be on Murrays christmas card list for the rest of their lives.

The Giants thought Daniel Jones (DANIEL JONES!) was worth the sixth pick in the draft.

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I asked a question and got nothing saying or showing me that any other teams wants to trade up for Murray at #1.Haven`t read or seen anything saying it was even discussed.

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
The answer is "Unknown if any"

The answer is also "It doesn't matter since Murray is our quarterback so sack up and get over it."
Telling me to "sack up" and get over it.Nice moderating Chris..I asked a freaking question and who is being a jerk now? You are not the opinion police or thought. patrol.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been 5 days and people are still complaining about the same thing from a month ago. This was literally the same thing posted weekly "Well no one else wants Murray at #1 just us"

It's full of conjecture but I will go as far as to say "Fine. You are right. No one wanted Murray at all. He would have went undrafted."

Now you can stop this flagellation of the horse.

He sucks but he is ours.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Telling me to "sack up" and get over it.Nice moderating Chris..I asked a freaking question and who is being a jerk now? You are not the opinion police or thought. patrol.

Come on BW52. If you have an opposing viewpoint you are a whiner.

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
It's been 5 days and people are still complaining about the same thing from a month ago. This was literally the same thing posted weekly "Well no one else wants Murray at #1 just us"

It's full of conjecture but I will go as far as to say "Fine. You are right. No one wanted Murray at all. He would have went undrafted."

Now you can stop this flagellation of the horse.

He sucks but he is ours.

1.It appears so
2.never said that.
3.likely will be a topic for a long time.Remember how polarizing he was and is.
4.Never said he sucks and yes he is ours now.

Reactions: PJ1

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose