How many teams wanted to trade up for number 1 to draft Murray?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And in my opinion if you don't like his question or you believe it is annoying move on and read something else.
I kinda agree. Which is why I just like to give BW crap when he does it now. :D

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe not just for Murray, but I’m certain there were teams willing to trade for the #1 pick. Only problem was no one was going to give Keim a king’s ransom.

Funny thinking back: Murray would likely have been available at pick #4. If the FO was hellbent on Murray, we could’ve had him plus another impact player.
Any evidence the Raiders wanted to give up their entire first round for the number 1?

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Any evidence the Raiders wanted to give up their entire first round for the number 1?

there is ZERO evidence anybody wanted to trade up for him.NADA.ZIP.Nothing.It appears that only the Cardinals and KK wanted him at #1.Thats all it takes but for such a" transcendent star "hearing crickets is surprising.The lack of rumors concerning interest in Murray at #1 from any other team is interesting.It could have been a forgone conclusion because of the KK /murray connection and system fit or it could be Cards asked too much or it could be nobody rated him #1 worthy?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
How many wins do you consider "pan out"?
It's not as simple wins and losses with the evaluation of a rookie QB. If he plays solid and we have at least a middle of the pack offense than he probably did plenty well enough. He has no control over how the defense and ST does, but should have a positive impact on the offense.

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's not as simple wins and losses with the evaluation of a rookie QB. If he plays solid and we have at least a middle of the pack offense than he probably did plenty well enough. He has no control over how the defense and ST does, but should have a positive impact on the offense.
So, it's open to opinion if he evaluates well...hmmmm.....seems like a gray area to say hes better. I don't believe Rosen had control over defense or ST either.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
So, it's open to opinion if he evaluates well...hmmmm.....seems like a gray area to say hes better. I don't believe Rosen had control over defense or ST either.
Come on...

We can objectively say that Rosen didn't play well last year. The tape says it and so do the numbers (both Rosen's individual numbers and the team's numbers). If Murray puts up solid stats and the team's offensive stats are pretty solid than I think it would be fair to call that a success. I don't hold Rosen accountable for the team's record last year as a whole, but he is partly accountable for the ineptitude of the offense.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Let's say the team goes 9-7 this year would you call that a success? What if I told you that they got that record because the defense was amazing, but the offense was trash, would that still be a success? What if they go 4-12 with the offense and Murray doing pretty well, but the defense/ST's were just terrible? Would that not be enough to consider Murray's season a success? That is why I don't like the idea of tying it to a win/loss number as opposed to seeing how Murray and the offense do individually. I suppose if the offense does pretty well than the defense will do well enough for them to be near .500, but that is pure guess work because I have no idea just how good the defense will be.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is ZERO evidence anybody wanted to trade up for him.NADA.ZIP.Nothing.It appears that only the Cardinals and KK wanted him at #1.Thats all it takes but for such a" transcendent star "hearing crickets is surprising.The lack of rumors concerning interest in Murray at #1 from any other team is interesting.It could have been a forgone conclusion because of the KK /murray connection and system fit or it could be Cards asked too much or it could be nobody rated him #1 worthy?

I don't believe we will ever get the truth about the Cardinals and Murray. Was it Kingsbury tossing aside Josh? Was it Keim's choice the whole time? Did Michael make Keim do it at the last minute. We have little inkling outside of whom made the call to Josh to tell him whom they were picking and that was Kingsbury.

So either Keim is a colossal chicken**** or Kingsbury / Michael made the call. As mad as former players have been at Keim, it literally could be either.

So since all we have is conjecture through the entire process including if anyone wanted the #1 pick, if you keep going down this path of anger and disappointment I believe it will just bring more of the same. You are wanting something definitive or something perfect but will get neither.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Your questions can also be answers.. :)

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okay Karnak what are tomorrows lottery numbers since you think you are a mindreader now?
You got something to say just come and say it.
I am curious if there was any offers for Murray at #1 .Yes I hate the pick and think its a colossal screwup.So if wanting to know if anyone heard or read about interest from other teams wanting Murray at number 1 is upsetting you then too bad.

One doesn't need to be Karnak to know what YOU are thinking. I really hope you can come to peace with the selection. I was against Murray in the beginning and have always liked Josh and thought he was thrown into a fire that very few rookie QB's have ever had to deal with.

That doesn't change the fact that most evaluators love Murray's skill set and his size is the only real concern. I hope Josh tears it up with the Dolphins but I hope Murray is even better.

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
One doesn't need to be Karnak to know what YOU are thinking. I really hope you can come to peace with the selection. I was against Murray in the beginning and have always liked Josh and thought he was thrown into a fire that very few rookie QB's have ever had to deal with.

That doesn't change the fact that most evaluators love Murray's skill set and his size is the only real concern. I hope Josh tears it up with the Dolphins but I hope Murray is even better.
I THINK Keim screwed up.There are more concerns than Murrays size.That has been discussed also by reputable scouting people.As for being at peace with the selection it is what it is.I wish Josh well and I do hope Murray is what so many of his fans are sure he will be.What really ticks me off is Murray fans already lowering the bar for success and saying "he is a rookie" he has a rookie Coach'',rookie growing pains etc;.Apparently those reasons did not apply for Rosen and now a different set of standards apply for Murray.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. Just read the title of this video from Time.

"
Kyler Murray, A Black Man, Was The #1 NFL Draft Pick, Trump Congratulated The #2 Pick Instead | TIME"

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Bosa is a known trump guy, I think it has more to do with that.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
The Giants thought Daniel Jones (DANIEL JONES!) was worth the sixth pick in the draft.

They could of had two defensive studs in oliver and Sweat and got Rosen for 37. So Gettleman didnt think Rosen was worth

37 but Danial Jones is worth 6?

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
It's more than likely no one rated him #1 but it wouldn't have mattered any way Keim and the Cards are all in so if it doesnt work out (most likely) we will see a new front office which means yet another new coach and QB next year remember we are talking the Cards and throughout their long history they have had this thing called LUCK

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
They could of had two defensive studs in oliver and Sweat and got Rosen for 37. So Gettleman didnt think Rosen was worth

37 but Danial Jones is worth 6?

The craziest thing that Gettlemen said was that he fell in love with Jones when he saw him at the Senior Bowl. Said something to the effect that he saw him at practice and thought "That guy looks like an NFL QB!" and became infatuated with him.

I actually like Jones more than Haskins and Lock, because he has good mechanics, he's smart, moves well, and doesn't make too many mistakes. He reminds me a bit of Brad Johnson.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Giants thought Daniel Jones (DANIEL JONES!) was worth the sixth pick in the draft.

My co-worker wore his Giants jersey to work on the day of the draft and told me they were picking Daniel Jones. Went on and on about the Manning Camps, etc. Later that same day...

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe that if Wilks was still the coach, Bosa or Williams would have been in Cardinal red and maybe SF if anyone would want to trade the one spot to grab Bosa but that's the only scenario I could think of. Murray would have fallen to the Giants. But I didn't see anyone trading up for Murray.

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Come on...

We can objectively say that Rosen didn't play well last year. The tape says it and so do the numbers (both Rosen's individual numbers and the team's numbers). If Murray puts up solid stats and the team's offensive stats are pretty solid than I think it would be fair to call that a success. I don't hold Rosen accountable for the team's record last year as a whole, but he is partly accountable for the ineptitude of the offense.
So, the O line was fine?...no impact on Rosen's performance?

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'M not going to say ROSEN didn't play well...the TEAM didn't play well, therefore, his "tape" and stats are unfair for him. Receivers had no separation, he was sacked 45 times, no protection in the pocket, incompetent head coach, two Offensive coordinators ...but you can tell he is no good because of stats.....guess you should be an NFL scout.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t wait for the time we score our first touchdown so maybe we will have something we can all agree on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose