Cards 15min Presser Last Night - My Observations

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were told josh understands it’s a business. Rosen would have to be a complete idiot not to have known this was a real possibility. I doubt josh was ever told “ Don’t worry, we are not drafting Murray.” Kudos to Josh for being a good soldier and showing up for the ota’s. It says a lot about the young man. That being said it’s time to move on.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The did show their cards the entire offseason, which is why they hosed themselves. Keim is inept and bad at his job in almost every way...

How did they show there hand? They said absolutely almost nothing. Should they have said there is no way we are drafting Murray?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
When was Rosen lied to? We all knew there was a good chance that Murray would be the Cards pick. When did we hear anyone tell Rosen this offseason that we wouldn't draft Murray?

At the combine Keim said that Rosen was our QB right now. We all knew what he meant by that which is things could change.

Sure it sucks for Josh but I'm more concerned about the Cards not SUCKING like last year.
telling Rosen he is our guy and then drafting Murray.Looks like a lie to me.Semantics BS .

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Good job.

I prefer Rosen over Murray, everyone knows this. But you highlight that my biggest issue is that Keim didn't just commit to Murray. He could have shopped Rosen much sooner in the process where teams could have had a greater appreciation for the cost savings in trading for him. Unless Keim has some crazy trick up his sleeve, he botched this. He looks dumb, and the organization looks dysfunctional.

It just means the closer to the end for him thank god. Put the old dog out to the pasture already.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
telling Rosen he is our guy and then drafting Murray.Looks like a lie to me.Semantics BS .
I dont think it was a lie, the manager of a franchise cant show his cards before the draft, its a normal strategy, then u have no idea what can happen with a prospect(injury, off field issue)
Before getting Murray, Rosen was the best qb on the roster, and there werent any reason to trade him before making the Murray selection, and Rosen was aware of it, thats why he said in a interview, he understands it, its a business
Sometimes some marriage doesnt work, and Rosen can find his perfect bride very soon
Personally I dont think his value dropped, a second or a third is likely the right price today

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I dont think it was a lie, the manager of a franchise cant show his cards before the draft, its a normal strategy, then u have no idea what can happen with a prospect(injury, off field issue)
Before getting Murray, Rosen was the best qb on the roster, and there werent any reason to trade him before making the Murray selection, and Rosen was aware of it, thats why he said in a interview, he understands it, its a business
Sometimes some marriage doesnt work, and Rosen can find his perfect bride very soon
Personally I dont think his value dropped, a second or a third is likely the right price

.But I see it as a lie to Rosen.(Sk and KK).Rosen was professional during the whole process but IMO he could have thought Q.Williams/Bosa would be the pick instead of Murray.There is always that possibly and I say that because the Cards did call all 3 top guys yesterday and tell them they were in consideration for the pick.That doesn`t tell me Murray was the guy all along.How can Rosen trust anything SK or KK says again...I think that ship has sailed and Rosen wants to be gone.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good post Doctor Jones. It looks like a pretty messy situation.
ok we got it but can we more forward, being positive without looking back at what happened
its a new chapter, new coach,new qb
lets enjoy the upcoming season and hopefully murray will convince some detractors
About rosen, im sorry, but thats the life, we passed through this without being rich like him, we are human, we are made to adapt to changes

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
ok we got it but can we more forward, being positive without looking back at what happened
its a new chapter, new coach,new qb
lets enjoy the upcoming season and hopefully murray will convince some detractors
About rosen, im sorry, but thats the life, we passed through this without being rich like him, we are human, we are made to adapt to changes

chapter isn`t finished until Rosen situation is resolved.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keim was a bumbling idiot in that presser. Says he didn't want to watch tape on Murray and fall in love with him. What kind of thinking is that?

Simply trying to be gentler on Rosen. He was just saying, he didn't go into the pre-draft process hoping to find someone who was so much better than Rosen that he had to pull the trigger... but that's what he found.

Says he received calls for #1. Why wouldn't he trade down? Everyone knew nobody else was taking Murray that high.

Trading to #3 or #4 would've been ideal... but who knows whether any of his calls were from the Jets or Raiders?

Says he received calls on Rosen. If Murray was "crystal clear" as the #1 choice and you're already referring to keeping Rosen for depth, it's ridiculous not to take the best offer and move on.

Maybe they were for 3rd rounders, as many of the rumors before the draft suggested. So why not wait until the draft and see whether someone gets panicky and decides to offer up a 2nd to keep another team from snatching Rosen?

Says he would love to multiple top picks at the top of round 2 because of all the talent left. I'd be willing to bet Oakland would have easily given the #4 and #35 picks to get Bosa.

Seems reasonable, but who knows?!

You probably could've gotten the Giants, Miami's or Washington's second rounder for Rosen prior to the selections of Jones and Haskins.

Why the hell would the Giants have given up a 2nd rounder for Rosen, when they clearly preferred to give up a high 1st for Jones?!? If anything, it made sense to hold onto Rosen until the draft, on the unlikely chance that someone took Jones before the Giants' pick, and they then decided to give up a 1st or 2nd.

Same goes for Washington - perhaps they had a conditional deal in place, that if their preferred guy (Haskins) wasn't there when their first round pick came up, they'd pull the trigger on a trade.

Those possibilities are pure speculation, but they make sense. Anyone saying that Keim could've got a 1st-rounder if only he had acted sooner is making no sense.

...dbs

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did they show there hand? They said absolutely almost nothing. Should they have said there is no way we are drafting Murray?
Yep, some people seem to think they should've said, "There's no way we're drafting Murray! (But... would you give us a 1st-rounder for Rosen?)" :biglaugh:

...dbs

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I dont think his value dropped, a second or a third is likely the right price today
^^ This! The voice of reason.

...dbs

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nothing is owed to these players. Go out and prove your worth rosen simple as that. He can be pissed all he wants, but none of that matters if it doesnt translate to the field.

Exactly. All this talk that we MUST trade Rosen is BS. I was not on board to pick Murray but I'll be pissed if we just give Rosen away for the sake of doing it. This talk that a QB's psyche is so fragile and we don't want them having to look over their shoulder is ridiculous. These are professional athletes that are being paid millions. Go out there and do your job. If a team has a veteran get hurt in TC or early on, they may come calling with a 2020 1st (like Philly did with Bradford a few years back). David Shaw said the same thing last night. Don't panic and give Rosen away.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
To me it is,like someone flirting and dating behand someone's back, instead of just being honest to them and others who might even wanted to date them if they knew you were breaking up with them.

I have never had any good vibes toward Keim. His appearance has always reminded me of a weak dishonest bully or punk. I admit however that is from appearances only, and 'you're not supposed to judge a book ......'

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
My advice to Rosen is: you've been a wonderful classy guy through it all. Now, keep it up and don't drop down a level to where others would be tempted to. Keep your head up and continue to act like the good guy and pro you are.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
^^
This exactly, well said. With the QB position you have to be more careful with this situation imo. It took a lot of guts for the front office to make the moves they have with KK and Murray, that’s what it takes to try and turn the course of a franchise, not the same old safe pick let’s not offend anyone or worry about our perception b.s.