GOT: Who will sit on the Iron Throne (Open discussion of aired shows)

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Who thinks Tyrion could be a Targaryen? There were 3 dragons, we now know Jon and Dany are Targaryens, who was the 3rd for the 3rd dragon?
the night king

And Jon will sit on the iron throne because that is the only way the series can come to a conclusion. Everyone else would not feel like the rightful king and thus the game of thrones bound to continue.

Only other option is if there is no happy end and the white walkers end humanity.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the night king

And Jon will sit on the iron throne because that is the only way the series can come to a conclusion. Everyone else would not feel like the rightful king and thus the game of thrones bound to continue.

Only other option is if there is no happy end and the white walkers end humanity.

good call. not. Jon sitting on the throne will be the safest/most boring/most predictable ending possible. I'd wager to make a year long signature bet on that idiocy.

I'll call my shot - Tyrion and Sansa end up King and Queen of the Iron Throne, uniting the West and North after the war is over. When the season first started, I thought it would be Tyrion, but halfway through episode 2, I came to realize something about Sansa. She's literally learned the Game Of Thrones by watching and being part of every family fighting it... the Lannisters, Starks, Boltons, had Littlefinger by her side. Then tonight watching them together, all of a sudden it was like... you put chocolate in my peanut butter! no... you peanut butter in my chocolate! And BOOM! Sansa and Tyrion make the perfect Reese's Peanut Butter cup.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I wonder if the story has enough balls to have the Night King conquer everything, the whole continent?
at the juncture where it looked bleakest last night that’s what I thought - my god are they going to have the white walkers just destroy everything?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
at the juncture where it looked bleakest last night that’s what I thought - my god are they going to have the white walkers just destroy everything?

Yeah, but you had to know as soon as
Melissandre (sp?) had that exchange with Arya and the latter dashed away, that she was going to kill him--it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, but you had to know as soon as
Melissandre (sp?) had that exchange with Arya and the latter dashed away, that she was going to kill him--it.
lol. Color me dense. I didn’t put two and two together. And I don’t know why I spoiler’ed this response.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol. Color me dense. I didn’t put two and two together. And I don’t know why I spoiler’ed this response.

I don't know why either are spoiler'd since the thread title makes it clear that discussion on aired episodes is allowed without spoilers ;)

Stout

Reaction score
I call bull on this one Stout.

I forgot we didn't have to use spoilers here. I mean, "What do we say to death? Not today!" The Night King IS death in their reality at that moment. Of course she was going to kill him. I told my mom "Oh, she's going to kill the Night King now."

I won't say I was good enough that I got the eye color thing, although, in retrospect, that's obvious too, which makes it cooler, how the writers said it.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I mean the twist of the episode was that there was no twist.

Pretty much ran as I expected. You had to know the White Walkers would lose. It is the Game of Thrones after all and not the "fight against the undead".

Arya was always the most likely since she has been developed into a 1-girl army. For a moment I contemplated that maybe Bran himself kills or battles the Night King. When his eyes went white I was secretly hoping that he used his powers to bring the Forces of Nature to the battlefield, sadly did not happen. Maybe that will be saved for the books and was cut due to budget.

Going to be interesting how everything else resolves now to the point where we are not asking ourselves why Arya doesn't simply sneak into King's Landing and assassinates Cersei because that seems like it would be a very very simple task for her and avoids the entire war against the Golden Company.
It will probably remain a plot hole just like it seems kind of inexplicable that Jon and Daenerys even have a functional army after this because it certainly looked like pretty much everyone got wiped out.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When his eyes went white I was secretly hoping that he used his powers to bring the Forces of Nature to the battlefield, sadly did not happen. Maybe that will be saved for the books and was cut due to budget.

That would have been awesome, an army of wolves showing up, led by Arya's dire wolf. Then again, they probably weren't going to be effective against the undead. Besides, that would have interfered with all of Bran's uselessness.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I call bull on this one Stout.

I agree with his take. After that exchange I thought it was clear that she knew what she needed to do and that was to take down the Night King. How she would do that, I wasn't sure and I wasn't even sure that was her plan but I thought it was clear she left on a mission to murder someone before everything ended.

They played it well in the episode because everyone they showed from that scene on was screwed. Mainly it was how they stuck with Jon running around trying to find a way to do something, that was a great thing to keep viewers focused on without thinking about what may or may not happen next. It looked like everyone was screwed.

After the Night King rolled up on Bran with his posse of White Walkers I thought they were going to go through with killing everyone before he headed south to kill off everyone else. He played with Theon for a minute, whose arc ended nicely IMO. I thought for sure that Bran was screwed at that point.

When Arya came flying in like a spider monkey though I immediately thought back to that scene and sort of pieced the two scenes together, with her exit in the previous scene and then her entrance in that one. I thought she was going to die though, since the Night King grabbed her and held her in a way that was similar to the wight Giant and Baby Bear. I just hoped it would play similarly, she may die but she'd take him with her. I was surprised she lived, it's Game of Thrones and they don't often give you the death of a villain without taking a fan favorite off the board also. I'm glad she didn't because she's awesome but I was fully expecting it the moment she showed back up.

Arya killing the NK makes perfect sense though. No one can kill the Night King and No One did kill him.

Last edited:

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Who thinks Tyrion could be a Targaryen? There were 3 dragons, we now know Jon and Dany are Targaryens, who was the 3rd for the 3rd dragon?

Viserys (sp?)...and just like the dragon named after him, he died.

Or, plot-wise, he may simply have been “for” the Night King.

It’s been pointed out that though the Targs were the only dragon-riders in Westeros, they were not the only dragon-riders. Dany’s dragon eggs were petrified and Illyrio said they came from “east of Asshai” or “beyond Asshai” on Essos.

So perhaps Tyrion is descended somehow from another dragon-rising family. Or perhaps the dragons have their own reasons for accepting him. At the time I thought it could just be that Dany trusted him while having few allies who hadn’t betrayed her.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That just seems insane to me. What's to stop someone involved in the production from putting big money on the winner prior to the finale?

Exactly what I said somewhere else.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I made a file of GoT theories in 2014, based around the books, but I'll hold true to my prediction for the iron throne...which will be Jon and Dany ruling together. Only the books could contain my full prediction: As Dany is barren, they name the other Aegon their heir.

Not sold that Dany is barren. I think one or the other dies, and I'm thinking it'll be Dany that dies.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think Tyrion isn't going to make it. Mainly because he survived his attempted suicide approaching the KL gate. He shouldn't live if he's going to continue trusting Cersei.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think Tyrion isn't going to make it. Mainly because he survived his attempted suicide approaching the KL gate. He shouldn't live if he's going to continue trusting Cersei.
Right?!? As much as I love his character I was a little disappointed the Cersei didn’t cut him down. I mean killing Dany’s best friend and a dragon was pretty huge but killing Tyrion too likely would've sent Dany totally over the edge which would have been in cersei’s Best interest. And it’s not like she’s got any love for her brother.

Stout

Reaction score
Right?!? As much as I love his character I was a little disappointed the Cersei didn’t cut him down. I mean killing Dany’s best friend and a dragon was pretty huge but killing Tyrion too likely would've sent Dany totally over the edge which would have been in cersei’s Best interest. And it’s not like she’s got any love for her brother.

It was unforgivably stupid writing that she wouldn't have killed him the moment their conversation was over. She HATES him and blames him for the death of her precious psychopathic Joffrey. Just one instance of some of the lousy writing in this episode.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Does the iron throne exist any longer? No one can sit on it now. :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose