GOT: Who will sit on the Iron Throne (Open discussion of aired shows)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Dback Jon, Apr 15, 2019.

1. WaywardFan

WaywardFan Waywardier than before Contributor

Damn, I’m out. She went out like a BOSS though.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    Krangthebrain likes this.
  2. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

at the juncture where it looked bleakest last night that’s what I thought - my god are they going to have the white walkers just destroy everything?

jf-08 likes this.
  3. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

that little girl went out like a goddess!! Killing an undead giant at only 4 foot 2

PACardsFan and WaywardFan like this.
  4. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Yup she was awesome

WaywardFan likes this.
  5. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

Yeah, but you had to know as soon as
    Melissandre (sp?) had that exchange with Arya and the latter dashed away, that she was going to kill him--it.

6. Ouchie-Z-Clown

lol. Color me dense. I didn’t put two and two together. And I don’t know why I spoiler’ed this response.

7. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

I don't know why either are spoiler'd since the thread title makes it clear that discussion on aired episodes is allowed without spoilers ;)

Ouchie-Z-Clown likes this.
  8. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

I call bull on this one Stout.

9. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

I forgot we didn't have to use spoilers here. I mean, "What do we say to death? Not today!" The Night King IS death in their reality at that moment. Of course she was going to kill him. I told my mom "Oh, she's going to kill the Night King now."

I won't say I was good enough that I got the eye color thing, although, in retrospect, that's obvious too, which makes it cooler, how the writers said it.

Town Drunk likes this.
  10. slinslin

slinslin Welcome to Amareca

I mean the twist of the episode was that there was no twist.

Pretty much ran as I expected. You had to know the White Walkers would lose. It is the Game of Thrones after all and not the "fight against the undead".

Arya was always the most likely since she has been developed into a 1-girl army. For a moment I contemplated that maybe Bran himself kills or battles the Night King. When his eyes went white I was secretly hoping that he used his powers to bring the Forces of Nature to the battlefield, sadly did not happen. Maybe that will be saved for the books and was cut due to budget.

Going to be interesting how everything else resolves now to the point where we are not asking ourselves why Arya doesn't simply sneak into King's Landing and assassinates Cersei because that seems like it would be a very very simple task for her and avoids the entire war against the Golden Company.
    It will probably remain a plot hole just like it seems kind of inexplicable that Jon and Daenerys even have a functional army after this because it certainly looked like pretty much everyone got wiped out.

11. WaywardFan

WaywardFan Waywardier than before Contributor

That would have been awesome, an army of wolves showing up, led by Arya's dire wolf. Then again, they probably weren't going to be effective against the undead. Besides, that would have interfered with all of Bran's uselessness.

jf-08 likes this.
  12. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Señor Caca Cabeza Contributor

I agree with his take. After that exchange I thought it was clear that she knew what she needed to do and that was to take down the Night King. How she would do that, I wasn't sure and I wasn't even sure that was her plan but I thought it was clear she left on a mission to murder someone before everything ended.

They played it well in the episode because everyone they showed from that scene on was screwed. Mainly it was how they stuck with Jon running around trying to find a way to do something, that was a great thing to keep viewers focused on without thinking about what may or may not happen next. It looked like everyone was screwed.

After the Night King rolled up on Bran with his posse of White Walkers I thought they were going to go through with killing everyone before he headed south to kill off everyone else. He played with Theon for a minute, whose arc ended nicely IMO. I thought for sure that Bran was screwed at that point.

When Arya came flying in like a spider monkey though I immediately thought back to that scene and sort of pieced the two scenes together, with her exit in the previous scene and then her entrance in that one. I thought she was going to die though, since the Night King grabbed her and held her in a way that was similar to the wight Giant and Baby Bear. I just hoped it would play similarly, she may die but she'd take him with her. I was surprised she lived, it's Game of Thrones and they don't often give you the death of a villain without taking a fan favorite off the board also. I'm glad she didn't because she's awesome but I was fully expecting it the moment she showed back up.

Arya killing the NK makes perfect sense though. No one can kill the Night King and No One did kill him.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    jf-08 likes this.
  13. Western Font

Western Font Registered

Or, plot-wise, he may simply have been “for” the Night King.

It’s been pointed out that though the Targs were the only dragon-riders in Westeros, they were not the only dragon-riders. Dany’s dragon eggs were petrified and Illyrio said they came from “east of Asshai” or “beyond Asshai” on Essos.

So perhaps Tyrion is descended somehow from another dragon-rising family. Or perhaps the dragons have their own reasons for accepting him. At the time I thought it could just be that Dany trusted him while having few allies who hadn’t betrayed her.

14. Shaggy

Shaggy Site Owner Administrator Staff Member

Exactly what I said somewhere else.

15. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

Not sold that Dany is barren. I think one or the other dies, and I'm thinking it'll be Dany that dies.